Pakistani H1B Approval for Friend

Futbol

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I just thought I would post an update on my friend's brother who was awaiting his H1B visa in Pakistan. He had gone back in Sepember 2002 and had his interview in October of 2002. He just received his approval about 4 weeks ago after waiting for months. He is now back in the US working. Case in point - if you are a male from an Islamic country the wait times are incredibly long. I, myself, am still waiting for my fiancee's (also from Pakistan) H1B visa to come through. He had his interview in Sept 2002. I hope my friend's brother's story gives others some encouragement. Oh also, I did hear about one other friend who had been waiting in London and who also finally just received his approval after waiting almost a year.

Waiting Ever So Patiently

It's a greate news indeed. My H1 application is pending in Dhaka embassy from december 02. I have come back in USA on advance parole. My lawyer says I can go back to h1 once my visa is approved. I called in the Dhaka embassy they surprised that I am no longer staying in dhaka and they suggested me to apply again. I still don't know what to do. I need the visa stamp for my wife's H4.

Hi Antik,

Yes I know it is a frustrating situation with visa timelines. What I would suggest is you contact your state's congress person - write a letter explaining your situation. He/she may be able to help you. Good luck!