Packet 4

bulandhausla

Registered Users (C)
Hi Alren, Raju and others -

I have been scheduled for Jan 05 interview @ Mumbai. Would appreciate your inputs on what P4 comprises of. Also can I ask consulate to deliver it to my address in Mumbai? I don't want to be waiting here for P4 to arrive.

Thanks,

BH

Yes U can ask the consulate to send to your Mumbai address. Better if U 're in Mumbai ask somebody to pick it up.

P4's only useful content is the appt. letter. All other info. you should know by now.

oh No.
It's too early to get interview for me.
I was reading online info of packet 4.

see my previous posr for net link

thanks

bulandhausla said:

I have been scheduled for Jan 05 interview @ Mumbai. Would appreciate your inputs on what P4 comprises of. Also can I ask consulate to deliver it to my address in Mumbai? I don't want to be waiting here for P4 to arrive.

Thanks,

BH

If your interview is in Jan '05 then they may have already made arrangements for the dispatch of Packet 4. You should have contacted them earlier.

However, you can still try to get it to your Mumbai address, OR you may also
send your representative to the Consulate and pick up a copy of the appointment letter.

The only real important document in the Packet 4 is the appointment letter.
Other than this what you get is blank DS 230 forms, blank Medical form, and
instruction sheets. All these can be downloaded from the net.

Raju

bulandhausla said:

Thanks,

BH

As Raju mentioned, the only important piece of paper in P4 is the appointment letter - you will need that for medical exam and to enter the consulate. I got it in 3 weeks. It is generally mailed to you but in my case, for some strange reason, it was sent to my lawyer. So I would say keep that in mind. In case you do not get it before you leave, you can ask someone to pick up a duplicate from the consulate OR do it yourself once you get there (assuming you are from Mumbai).

A blank DS230 Part 2 is included but you can get it on the web. I did the same thing and had it ready. You have to sign it in front of the officer so you only need to have it filled. The instructions are now posted on Consulate website and they seem to be similar to the sheets included in P4. Documents mentioned in the checklist will be collected in the consulate - these are the "must have" documents. Other documents can be asked for and it is a good idea to carry as many as you can. In case you do not have it, your case will simply be kept pending subject to submission of that particular document. If your case is clear, Mumbai consulate is pretty cool.

If you have not scheduled medicals yet, I would do that first. Good Luck.

Thanks KAT02
KAT02 said:
As Raju mentioned, the only important piece of paper in P4 is the appointment letter - you will need that for medical exam and to enter the consulate. I got it in 3 weeks. It is generally mailed to you but in my case, for some strange reason, it was sent to my lawyer. So I would say keep that in mind. In case you do not get it before you leave, you can ask someone to pick up a duplicate from the consulate OR do it yourself once you get there (assuming you are from Mumbai).

A blank DS230 Part 2 is included but you can get it on the web. I did the same thing and had it ready. You have to sign it in front of the officer so you only need to have it filled. The instructions are now posted on Consulate website and they seem to be similar to the sheets included in P4. Documents mentioned in the checklist will be collected in the consulate - these are the "must have" documents. Other documents can be asked for and it is a good idea to carry as many as you can. In case you do not have it, your case will simply be kept pending subject to submission of that particular document. If your case is clear, Mumbai consulate is pretty cool.

If you have not scheduled medicals yet, I would do that first. Good Luck.

GreenMD2003 said:
My official birth certificate does not have names of both parents on it.
Info on packet four states it should have name of both parents.
Does everybody's cert had both names. pl let me know.

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwfpackete.pdf

Heck, mine doesn't even have my name!
I think the original birth certificate and a notarized document from all living parents should suffice. At least that is my plan.

Any one else have better advice ?