Packet 3 awaiting thread

GCChaiye

I was advised by you in April , about getting PCC in April.

My case exactly moving with "rkrihana22"'s case.

OR for future Employment

I140 applied on Feb 1o'th 2002.
I140 approved 4-APR-05.

NVC Case Created 28-APR-05

Fee Bill Recd 19-Apr-05
Fee bills sent on 23rd MAY for $760 of 2.

P3 received to lawyer on June 16’th.
P3 sent back to NVC on June 27’th.
NVC received(P3) on June 30’th.
Case Completed in NVC on July 06th.
Case forwarded to “Madras” Consulate on July 19’th.

My main concern here is
1) We submitted notarized offer letter from the Employer to NVC with P3.Do we need to have another notarized offer letter for the Interview in Chennai?
2) I am on H1 and beneficiary of his IV. Do I have to carry my tax & W2's for interview?

Thank you all. It is such a useful site & grouping all of us here in at the end of our struggle.

question

quick question...when you send copy of passport with the P3 to NVC do you include blank pages of the passport also or only the ones that have visa stamps are good enough ??
please let me know.
thanks

Naga Lakshmi said:
I was advised by you in April , about getting PCC in April.

My case exactly moving with "rkrihana22"'s case.

OR for future Employment

I140 applied on Feb 1o'th 2002.
I140 approved 4-APR-05.

NVC Case Created 28-APR-05

Fee Bill Recd 19-Apr-05
Fee bills sent on 23rd MAY for $760 of 2.

P3 received to lawyer on June 16’th.
P3 sent back to NVC on June 27’th.
NVC received(P3) on June 30’th.
Case Completed in NVC on July 06th.
Case forwarded to “Madras” Consulate on July 19’th.

My main concern here is
1) We submitted notarized offer letter from the Employer to NVC with P3.Do we need to have another notarized offer letter for the Interview in Chennai?

Yes, you have to have the original offer letter from the GC sponsoring employee during interview.

2) I am on H1 and beneficiary of his IV. Do I have to carry my tax & W2's for interview?

Yes, you have to carry tax forms, W2's for the interview to prove that you were in status all throught.

Thank you all. It is such a useful site & grouping all of us here in at the end of our struggle.

nishokie said:
hey GCchahiye can you make some predictions in my case too...

yesterday i recd the instruction package from the NVC...i assume this is packet 3.....if we fill those forms by end of next week, can you make some date or timeline predictions....my consulate in bombay.

thanks

nishokie,

For once, you should have already finalized the DS230-Part 1 ( the packet 3 forms) even before you received the forms from the NVC. You could have filled the forms and mailed them back right away, so that you do not waste a single day.

Try to fill them up immediately and mail them back by Saturday (July 23).

Let me know once you have mailed back your P3.

Assuming that you mail back the P3 on July 30 (as per what you have written above) your case will be reviewed by August 10 (AVM will tell you this on Aug.12)and by August 24 (AVM will tell you this on Aug.26), case sent to Bombay.Interview scheduled sometime in November if extremely lucky, else December 2005.

JUST MY GUESSES.

Naga Lakshmi,

Yes, it would definitely help if you carry the notarized employer letter to Chennai. I say, you SHOULD.

Yes, take all your tax returns and each and everything that you can think of. Its better to have ALL the papers. You never know what they might ask for.

nishokie

nishokie said:
quick question...when you send copy of passport with the P3 to NVC do you include blank pages of the passport also or only the ones that have visa stamps are good enough ??
please let me know.
thanks

Just sent only the first page which is having photo,DOB & passport Issuence details.
Write your case number at the top right hand corner clearly in each document you are submitting in P3.

nishokie said:
please let me know.
thanks

First page and last page are definitely required - MOST important.

It would not hurt to send the pages with visa stamps.Send them anyway.

No need to send copies of blank pages.

thanks for your estimation...i am an eb3 applicant(PD - jan 2003)....here's hoping that PD's move fast for EB3 in october.....
GCChaahiye said:
nishokie,

For once, you should have already finalized the DS230-Part 1 ( the packet 3 forms) even before you received the forms from the NVC. You could have filled the forms and mailed them back right away, so that you do not waste a single day.

Try to fill them up immediately and mail them back by Saturday (July 23).

Let me know once you have mailed back your P3.

Assuming that you mail back the P3 on July 30 (as per what you have written above) your case will be reviewed by August 10 (AVM will tell you this on Aug.12)and by August 24 (AVM will tell you this on Aug.26), case sent to Bombay.Interview scheduled sometime in November if extremely lucky, else December 2005.

JUST MY GUESSES.

GCChahiye

Hi,

the packet 3 says sign the form only when i have in my possession all documents (which includes PCC)....i haven't yet applied for the PCC...can i check the checklist and sign the packet 3 forms even though i do not have the pcc yet?

thanks

nishokie said:
Hi,

the packet 3 says sign the form only when i have in my possession all documents (which includes PCC)....i haven't yet applied for the PCC...can i check the checklist and sign the packet 3 forms even though i do not have the pcc yet?

thanks

Yes sign the forms.

By the way,when do you intend to apply for PCC?

i'll apply for the PCC now....i also need to renew my passport...hopefully i can get both done at the same time.
GCChaahiye said:
Yes sign the forms.

By the way,when do you intend to apply for PCC?

H-1 Original

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

Do I need my H1 approval in original or a photocopy will work for CP interview?

I also have the same quetion. I have(should be having) in total of 6 H-1s and I don't have two of these in original (the first two). I have rest of the four. Is it ok if I take the copies of these first two.

GC Chaahiye,

Can you please predict the possible interview dates for me. My case was sent to Madras consulate on 19th July. All your predictions in my case came true. I want this CP interview ASAP, though!! :D

rkrishna22 said:
I also have the same quetion. I have(should be having) in total of 6 H-1s and I don't have two of these in original (the first two). I have rest of the four. Is it ok if I take the copies of these first two.

GC Chaahiye,

Can you please predict the possible interview dates for me. My case was sent to Madras consulate on 19th July. All your predictions in my case came true. I want this CP interview ASAP, though!! :D

If you have the recent past H1Bs, you should be OK. Carry the copies for those that you dont have and think of some reason incase they ask for the originals.

As for predicting the interview date, I have no idea about Chennai Consulate.But going by the Mumbai trend,you may expect sometime in October. If you are extremely lucky,perhaps September.

I do not have my most recent H1 Original and my company is saying I don't need original. photocopy will work ...

gca2405 said:
I do not have my most recent H1 Original and my company is saying I don't need original. photocopy will work ...

Perhaps your company does not want to give you the original H1B approval notice.

Do you have the current H1B stamped in your passport?

If yes, then perhaps a copy of your current H1B together with the employment letter would be OK.