Overall Backlog Elimination Centers update/discussion

rxs_1234

Registered Users (C)
GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
BEC Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- We are still sending 45 days continuation letters.

2- When we will see some results?
I can't give you a time frame for that, but we are working hard for it.

3- If your 45 days letter has been replied, soon decision will be mailed.

4-How soon one month, 90 days or 6 month or year?
Again I don't know exact time frame, but certainly not more than 6 month.

5- We have thirty thousand cases pending of 2001, currently we are sending decision letter. Then we will move to 2002 and 2003 so on.

Point 5 says that for PD of 2001, the decision letters are being sent... When did they start sending the decision letters.. I have not ready anywhere in the forums here, that ppl have got approvals... Please let us know if anyone has got the approval

Originally Posted by Icarus
RIR and TR are in separate queues at each BEC, each running its own FIFO, i.e., TR queue(Dallas) will not hold up RIR queue(Dallas) if it contains cases with an earlier LO date. Nor will the queue of either type in one BEC hold up the corresponding queue for that type of case at the other BEC. Also, despite DOL estimates that data entry will continue through 3/06, processing of cases has begun in all phases up to and including certification.

No offense to you Akela...I hope you are true...but

I wish you were true but...history proves otheriwse....

I remember when my case was in Chicago, people were inquiring the dept about the status everyday, they always kept saying we are processing but at a very slow pace. The fact was they never moved one day from the RD for over 6 months, finally BEC happened. So they stopped processing for 6 months, even that is a very slow pace for the people who answer these calls....can you imagine the depth of their lies. If Martha Stewart was put in jail for a lie, what should be done with these liars. I mean why should we feel comforted in these lies.

Frankly you cannot trust what the "Barbara" says, I am not sure frankly if it is her original name....I do not blame her. This lady does not know what people inside are upto.

Again, this forum is very well known and we have cases that should cover all scenarios. Even if one case is cleared among our list then we can see that she is telling the truth....

Bottom line unless they start issuing certifications to some of our oldest members who are waiting for over 4 years then ....we should keep the perspective otherwise....the whole BEC is but one big .....
whatever you want to call them.

This country is so advanced why are they manually entering all the cases? I can write them a code for free to transfer all the data from different systems into one. If I can do it, I am sure there are lots of people who are a lot smarter than I am to help them for some money.

Why are they sending 45 days letters again when each case was applied, it was intended to be applied in good faith period...no ifs and buts..they should not keep sending these letters and abuse the system. Who knows they might resend these letters after sometime to see if we are still alive.

akela said:
Called the hot line with one simple question, are you going to wait for all the application before you send out decisions...the answer was NO, they are in fact deciding cases as we spoke or as I am typing, they have already started the process. I do not know why anyone here has not seen the cases, but atleast that was the reply...anyone can cross check..and please dont call Barbara, I already talked with her...

Good luck guys, lets keep the perspective here, shall we!!

rgds,
a

Its Moving.......................

posted by gp111

Seems like its moving..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Attorney has received NOF for 2 cases (PD of 2001) last Friday & as per my communication with him Dallas BEC has started sending out Approvals & NOFs.

Last edited by a moderator:
NY Filers are getting 45 day letters

Originally Posted by ny2001
Hi all .,
I am a silent watcher of this forum from last couple of months.My attroney notified that they have received the "so called 45 day letter" from the philly BEC and said they have responded to that.

Just wanted to share the information with you all.

My Labour file date is Nov 13th 2001.It is in the NY state level before it was moved to BEC.

Thanks

ariesny1 said:
Hi All,

I just heard from my company that they received the 45 day letter for my case about a week ago.
Does any one have any ideal how long the labor dept takes to process the case once they receive the letter back?

PD is Nov 14, 2001 NY State

Labor from Illinois/New Jersey

Hi,
Any one got letter from Backlog Office , had applied in Labor sep-2002 in New Jersey or Sep-2003 from Illinois.

Your update really appreicate.

thanks
SRS

srs_568 said:
Hi,
Any one got letter from Backlog Office , had applied in Labor sep-2002 in New Jersey or Sep-2003 from Illinois.

Your update really appreicate.

thanks
SRS

NO. NJ-SEP'2002.

First Approval -- from Dallas BEC

bbli said:
Hi, the 45 days notice was replied on Jan 18, the approval is received today March 25. Finally they approved my LC.

I have been patience enough. My LC was filed with TWC back in June 2000, Regular case, non-IT related. Forwarded to regional office on July 2001. I waited 4 years & 9 months for my LC. Hopefully my I-140 & 485 don't take too long.

Good luck to all of you.

some more approvals

RahulatDC said:
Guyz, one of my friend throw a holi (a hindu festival for those who don’t know) lunch last weekend and he got approval news as followings, he got this from friends friend but believe me its reliable, he know all those guyz personally.

VA applied in 2003, approved from philly BEC.
NC applied in 2002, approved from philly BEC.
FL applied in 2003, approved from philly BEC.

Seems like tomshu, akela, icarus and other hotline were right, keeping mah finger xross.

hi,

Does anybody know if LC applications filed in december 2004 under boston DOL have also been sent to Back Log reduction centers.

-thanks,
gcfriendly

It seems BEC centers started processing approvals last month it self but kept pending to send approval letters..
we need to contact immigrationportal.org members to help us to pressurize DOL to give importance to BACKLOG ELIMINATION OF LABORS FIRST.
bbli said:
I got a copy of the approval letter from my lawyer, but there is no website info for tracking purpose. The date on my letter was actually Feb 9, 2005. My lawyer said they didn't receive it till March 25. So, either the BEC waited more than a month to send out the letter, or my lawyer kept it in his stack of mails for a month. I felt a bit frustrated with either situation. This good news should have come a month ago. Anyway, at last I'm glad that this is approved.

Now, with all the new LC approvals flooding the I-140 & 485 divisions, let's hope it is not another long Q for the GC.

45 day letter received

I received a mail just now from lawyer.,
received 45 day letter in today's morning mail.,will be replied soon.,
NY state PD is NOV 1st 2001
and BEC case number is P-05031-4XXXX

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
I received a mail just now from lawyer.,
received 45 day letter in today's morning mail.,will be replied soon.,
NY state PD is NOV 1st 2001
and BEC case number is P-05031-4XXXX

hi GOD_BLESS_YOU,

Do you know if LC applications filed in december 2004 under boston DOL have also been sent to Back Log reduction centers. I applied it from the Maine state on Dec 10, 2004. Please help me out on this. I will be very thankful to you.

-thanks,
gcfriendly

Speed of processing....???

What can be the speed at which they will start processing can be answered if we know how many applications are present at the Regional level

RD DBEC/PBEC
2001 -- ?
2002 -- ?
2003 -- ?
2004 -- ?

Can somebody please fill up the blanks....?? If there are 100 people then we can assume 50 people will be actually working on clearing the cases....and then estimate...although really we can only estimate...

:)

status of 45 day letter notice from DC

1) has any one received 45-day letter notice from philly backlog elimination center for the labors applied in DC SWA? my DC priority date is october 2001 and still not received the letter. i don't know whether my labor got cleared from state or not.

2) my employer has changed the attorney in 2003. so, philly BEC is going to send the letter to emplyer and/or attorney (old/new)?

please share with me if any of you know anything about this.

thanks...

ONE Q right now...

Originally Posted by Zany_Brainy
Latest update from my source..

During a teleconference with AILA this week, the AILA representative indicated that the adjudication of cases at the BRC is based on the original priority date of a case (PD) - There was mention that they knew of only a handful of cases that have been approved by the BRC with PD of early 2000

BRC has not yet set up the two track system for regular cases and RIR - until the two track system is implemented do not expect to hear about RIR cases.

Likely time frame for setting up the separate queues :1-2 months