Over 40 days and still no biometrics notice

ncgirl

Registered Users (C)
It has been over 40 days since I filed and I have not received biometrics notice.I am thinking something is not right and I do not see others with such problems on this board.

What is going on?My DO is Durham.

1- Call CS. Initiate a service request.

Or...

2-Wait until the 60-day mark.

Or...

3- Make an infopass.

Have you gotten your fingerprints taken for some other USCIS reason in the last 15 months? They won't send another request if they have valid fingerprints already on file.

If not, call customer service, demand to talk to an immigration officer and have him/her initiate a service request.

Thank you so much guys for helping so far.
My check was cashed Oct 24 and NOA1 was received Nov 3.

I got an infopass and went in this afternoon(the very last appointment).The IO said I had fingerprints taken Jan 2008,so I still have valid FP with them,that may be why I have not been asked to do any biometrics.He said I should wait,if after the 15 month mark of my last FP I can come back.

But my worry is I am the only one in this forum who seems to have this issue.I know of people who also had FP in Jan 2008 and they have gone to do FP this month.

I do not want to get stuck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,I am really getting apprehensive now.It seems no one else at all can tell me about this unique experience I am having with my FP.Am I the only one going through this?Anyone who can help me out what to do???Help!!!

I am losing sleep over getting stuck!

question

Ok,I am really getting apprehensive now.It seems no one else at all can tell me about this unique experience I am having with my FP.Am I the only one going through this?Anyone who can help me out what to do???Help!!!

I am losing sleep over getting stuck!

Is having one's finger print on file (having a current finger print that was done in the last 15 years) a good or bad thing? I would except that , it will even expedite or speed things up since that is the whole process less one step.
Let me know what you think.

DannyPx,
I woul think it is a good thing if one has valid FP that can be used.But knowing how USCIS works,they may not be the norm...if so,why do we have to pay another biometrics fee again?

Do you know of anyone who got N-400 interview/approval/oath without doing a new set of biometrics?I am yet to find someone like that that is why i am baffled and do not believe what the IO said about valid FP that are less than 15months.

Does anyone know how I can talk to a 2nd level IO on the phone?

DannyPx,
I woul think it is a good thing if one has valid FP that can be used.But knowing how USCIS works,they may not be the norm...if so,why do we have to pay another biometrics fee again?

Do you know of anyone who got N-400 interview/approval/oath without doing a new set of biometrics?I am yet to find someone like that that is why i am baffled and do not believe what the IO said about valid FP that are less than 15months.

I don't know of any one at this time and I will keep my ears open. If I know something I will let you know.
take care.

If you currently have valid on file with USCIS, they won't send you a new biometrics appointment. Don't worry, you should be expecting an interview letter in the coming months. Considering you only received NOA 1 month ago, you are worrying too much for nothing. Give it at least 3 months from NOA and then speak with an IO if you don't hear anything.
Call the 1-800 number, choose option 1-2-3, tell rep you have not received notice and it's been more than 30 days since you applied. They will then transfer your case to an IO.

DannyPx,

ncgirl,
I thought I will join this thread and both of us can follow up on each other's FP notice issue instead of this private messages so that others on the thread can give us better guidance.
You see after exhausting all the possibilities- calling up USCIS, creating service request, sending letter of enquiry to NBC and CSC, I have not received any reply. At Infopass I was told what I wrote to you. Now I have to wait for a while to see what happens. The IO told me to expect something (maybe IL, I dont know)by the end of
Dec08 if not take another infopass. According to him, my namecheck is done. So the only thing I can conclude at this time is probably they will schedule me an interview and if the process goes beyond 15 month expiry of my first FP, they will send another FPnotice. I would rather believe what Bobsmyth and Vorpal (On another thread) are saying since it makes sense in what they are saying, so just wait for a while. Anyway with holiday season coming, things will slow down a bit further.
Today I attended a citizenship class in my area and the instructor there too was finding it strange and as you said there are people who are receiving FP notices despite having an earlier FP done. The problem is that you cannot argue with these IO, but simply wait and wait and wait..and have patience.

Thanks for all your input.

I am not worried because I feel like time wasted or anything like that.I am worried because the known history of USCIS is that they mess people up.I prefer to be proactive from the beginning rather than sit out and wait,then one day God forbid I see a letter that I did not respond to their previous letter or something like that.So I better follow up quickly and if there is a mistake somewhere,catch it quickly hopefully.

I am still insisting I am yet to see someone who has got interview and oath without doing FP again because they had valid FP on file.Once I see such a person then I guess I can relax.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all your input.

I am not worried because I feel like time wasted or anything like that.I am worried because the known history of USCIS is that they mess people up.I prefer to be proactive from the beginning rather than sit out and wait,then one day God forbid I see a letter that I did not respond to their previous letter or something like that.So I better follow up quickly and if there is a mistake somewhere,catch it quickly hopefully.

I am still insisting I am yet to see someone who has got interview and oath without doing FP again because they had valid FP on file.Once I see such a person then I guess I can relax.

Thanks again.
Well you have to be alert and watching your mail as also taking infopass every month to check on the status if nothing arrives in mail That
s what I plan to do. USCIS is notorious, but despite all the calculations if thing have to get stuck, its our bad luck. After getting my citizenship I plan to upgrade my son's petition to FB1 (for his GC)which in turn will take another 15-18 months to be resolved. Meanwhile my son is already here in USA since 1996 as a student earlier and now on H1. Before that he already missed out getting a GC along with me in 1998 because he had aged out. So you can imagine with what patience I and my son are enduring all this.

Yep.I agree with you but I do not pray that we be stuck in anyway.So taking infopass would be way to go.

I saw this one before. Somebody posted that USCIS did not need a second set of fingerprints. In fact, it is even better bcs usually the whole process gets stuck at the FBI level.

Could you please, update your signature and please also include the date of last FP ???

Surely if that was the case that'd be okay..not just being sure is not cool at all...

I have made a signature now...below.

If you read some older posts you will see that some applicants (mostly I-751 - 3 year based marriage cases) are not scheduled for a second set of FP. But this is not true in every case.

If you get the IL without a second set of FP, I would ask for the $80 back. :)

Surely if that was the case that'd be okay..not just being sure is not cool at all...

I have made a signature now...below.

NCGirl, as Bob stated, you should get the IL pretty soon. If they do it without the second fingeprints (FP) that is very cool. And not have to bother with the FBI check. That part is the worst.

Rick92,
Thanks so much for your reassurances.I guess I'll just have to wait and find out...Interesting indeed!

AOS_Guy,
Thanks!I had to grin when I read what you said about asking for the $80 back...they can keep that cash..I guess they probably need the money more than I do hehehe...they charge us so much for these things and do whatever they like.

I will search for the threads then about people who did not have 'second FP' as you stated.

Thanks again guys!

My Timeline:
---------------
N400 sent: 27th Sep.08 to CSC
N400 received: 29th Sep 08
Check cashed: 4th Oct 08
PD: 29th Sep 08
NOA received : 9th Oct 08
Notice date: 7th Oct 08- transferred to NBC
FP notice: not yet received
FP Date:?
-------------------------------------------------