OVER 21 both parents LPR

AOS_GUY

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine has been in the country for 8 years. His sister was a citizen and she brought the whole family over and his the parents AOS got approved but not his case got denied (he was over 21)

He has been here illegally for 5 years. Since his parents have been in LPR status for 4 years, can they fill out I130 for him?

He also was subject to the special registration requirement and never registered due to fear of deportation.

Thanks for all your help?

AOS_GUY said:
A friend of mine has been in the country for 8 years. His sister was a citizen and she brought the whole family over and his the parents AOS got approved but not his case got denied (he was over 21)

He has been here illegally for 5 years. Since his parents have been in LPR status for 4 years, can they fill out I130 for him?

He also was subject to the special registration requirement and never registered due to fear of deportation.

Thanks for all your help?

In order to have a safety net, he needs to wait for his parents to become a USC so his illegal stay would be forgiven.

Ari, his overstay would not be forgiven because he would not be an immediate relative of a USC. He is over 21.

yeah, I guess right now he'd have to leave the country, then have his parents file I-130 for him. The only way for him to stay would probably be if he ends up marrying a USC.

lakelady said:
yeah, I guess right now he'd have to leave the country, then have his parents file I-130 for him. The only way for him to stay would probably be if he ends up marrying a USC.
If he leave the country then it would tigger 10 years ban. Only option he has is to get married to a USC.