Out of status

bhavi

Registered Users (C)
In my LCA, the rate is mentioned as per year and wage is also mentioned as per year. But i work with my employer on an hourly basis. From 09/01 onwards i am on bench. Is my H-1B visa out of status..???

Thanks for all the help.

Bhavi

bhavi said:
In my LCA, the rate is mentioned as per year and wage is also mentioned as per year. But i work with my employer on an hourly basis.

Does not matter how you are get paid, but at the end of year you must get your W2 from your sponser, and the yearly income must be equal or more than the LCA amount.
From 09/01 onwards i am on bench. Is my H-1B visa out of status..???
If you are out of status, if you continue to not getting paid by your sponser. If you feel the situation going to be same more months better get a job and get transfer your h1
Thanks for all the help.

Bhavi

bhavi said:
i have an offer from an american company as a permanent employee.but the problem is attorney is telling me that i am out of status after my last project and my H1 can't be transfered. is it true that even if i am still under an employer and since i have choosen hourly basis pay,right now i am not paid by my company as per initial agreement,does it make my H1 out of status. is there any solution by which things will work out.

It depends how much time you have left on ur H1B. When did u get ur H1B

If you have proof that you are employed and got paid, you can transfer your H1. But you delay couple of months , you can not transfer without a paystub.

Can you tell me , how did you get paid cah or check, did they deduct your taxes?

bhavi said:
i have an offer from an american company as a permanent employee.but the problem is attorney is telling me that i am out of status after my last project and my H1 can't be transfered. is it true that even if i am still under an employer and since i have choosen hourly basis pay,right now i am not paid by my company as per initial agreement,does it make my H1 out of status. is there any solution by which things will work out.