Only for Concurrent fillers

hi,
Iam new to this board.I need help regarding birth certificate for concurrent filing.The name in birthcertificate is wrong.all other documetns including passport has the right name.and in india they are not willing to change the name in birth cert and says it will take one year to do so.can any one advice what's the substitute for birth certificate in which we can give the original name.

Sanga,
Thanks!You're the best!
Few more questions???

1) Is downloaded version of I-693 OK?
2) If yes, then does it have to be printed
on both sides(I mean duplex printing) or
one side?
3) What to write for Question # 3...it asks
File number(A number).......Since I've not
yet filed, how would I know any File Number.
4) About Immunization Determination...
What's DTP,OPV,MMR,Td?...
Do you know the list of all the immunization and how to obtain them? I've lived in India
eversince I'm currently visiting India so can
I get them from India and show it to INS doctor? This way I can file my application faster.

Thanks!

parvardigar,
I try to help as much as possible !!. Started GC very late, after 4 1/2 years in US on H1B, and cought up in 245i LC cases. I might have had my GC by now, if I had any idea back then. So I try my best to help fellow GC pursuiants to do it faster. You never know, a day may cost lot when you look back. So much to it, lets come to the point.

1) I-693 comes in 4 copies in 4 different colors and it can be ordered (free of cost) from INS site or you can go to local INS office and collect it. Most of the INS doctors won't provide it - some does.
2) Above explains
3) A# should be N/A
4) Immunizations: Td, MMR, VARICELLA (chickenfox), TB skin test (PPD). You should get the immunization record from India and show it to the INS doctor when you go for physical.

Hope I answered you :)

Thanks again Sanga!
I hope your GC process goes faster( I wish there was another Sanga at your
time too!). You've been a GREAT help to all of us.
I spoke to Doctor's office but they do not have
originals but would print out the downloaded version.
I'll go to Local INS office to pick up the form
though.

Regards,

To Sanga

I saw in another thread that you have completed your FP by preponing it. I have it scheduled for 1st week of March. Can I get it done this week since I would be out of station the 1st week of march.

My local INS office would the one in Alexandria(Virginia/DC area). Can you pass me the details of what I should do to get my FP done prior to a scheduled date.

Thanks buddy.

AllNew,

Nothing special is required to do FP ahead of schedule. Your FP notice and a ID (Driver Licence or Passport) are enough.

Most of the local INS application support centers will accept walk-in for FP and some will need appointments. My advise is just drop in at INS office w/ your notice and ID and ask them that you want to do FP in advance. Either they will take it right there or will give you an appointment for the next available day.

My FP details:
FP sched:3/8/03
FP given: 2/14/02.

Good Luck.

UnAnswered Delay in Concurrent Filing

My Details
I-140
MD: Oct 1 2003
RD: Oct 23 2002

I-485/EAD/AP
MD: Oct 1 2003
RD: Oct 23 2002

EAD/AP
AP: Approved Nov 15 2002
EAD: Dec 11 2002

FP:
Dec 3 2003
Retake :Jan 11 2003

Concerns:
a)I see many people having RD before and after Oct 23 2002 getting approvals. Any problem ?
b)By I-485 still says the following
On December 11, 2002, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

I had alreday followed up with my employer but nothing useful.

Is anybody in similar situation like me ? Pls advise.

Use of EAD while I-485 Pending

Hello All,

I have not utilzed my EAD eventhough I have got one. I am maintaining H-1B status till my I-485 approval.

Frankly i personally dont to use EAD it till my I-485 approval.

Now If I get into situation where I need to use it and or if i wish to get a second income ...
1)Should I use EAD and work for a Job as stated in I-140 EB petition or I can do any petty job also ?
2) What is the Risk in doing a job other than the one stated in I-140 EB petition .?

Thanks in advance

Birth Certificate

Hi Guys,

I dont have the birth certificate and its hard to get from India, which is required to file for I-140. I heard that a Affidative from parents will be do.

DO we need to get the signatures from one or both parents? or we need two seperate affidative signed by each parent? Please help....

Can someone please give me the outline of how to word the affidative and what it should include. Is there a generalized form or people make their in their own format?

Can we use the birth certificate from Indian consulate?

Thanks

Birth Certificate

Hi,

Yes. You will need two affidavits. I did one from my Parents and another from my Uncle. Actually anyone can do it, but immediate relatives are best. They should be old enough (at your birth) to be able to testify your birth.

Check with your Lawyer and he should be able to send you the required layout. My lawyer had sent one to me. I got it from India, when I was visiting and Lawyer there will also be able to provide the layout.

Thanks.

Thanks GKVBC. I contacted my lawyer yesterday. He said he has no required layout for the Affidavits. You know it takes times to get everything done in India as well.

Can you please be kind enough to drop me the lines of required layout for making this Affidavits. I would highly appreciate that.

My email address is inder_01@hotmail.com

If you want to fax me, then please let me know I will give you my fax number.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Jalma

Check the attached example affidavit file. It is an example given on my employers we site and is a bit hazy, so ... sorry!

Good Luck!

Thanks H1Need, thats very helpful. Can you please also let me know whether I need to make two affidavits as suggested by GKVBC or one affidavit is enough. I have see your affidavit which carries only your's father signature. DOn't we need signature from both parents. I don't have any idea about this. Please clarify ....

I-94 query

hi All,
i am new to this thread. was reading old entries and got thru one which says something abt I-94.
our case is as follows.
our lawyer filed for our I140/485/EAD/AP on jan 6th 2003. that time me and my spouse were in India and we came back by feb 8th.
we still dont know abt the receipt #s cause our lawyer must be having it. we did get notices for our FP last week in mail.
now my question is our I94 would have changed from the time of filing to now...would that be a problem??? cause our lawyer never mentioned anything abt it.
please help.
thanks in advance

Where is the cheapest Medical Examination in North Virginia

From some post, I got to know some guys was cheated by charging a lot on that.

Your reply is highly appreciated

Online Status

When i check online status, it is saying too many enquiries.I checked may be 10-15 times so far(Not in a day)

Has anyone is having this situation?

annair, you can file I-485 only when you are physically present in the US. I'm quite sure of this but please check with your attorney as this may cause problems down the road.