Online J-1 waiver procedure very efficient!

ritu9

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
Just wanted to tell all those who are going to start or are already going through the J-1 waiver process that the DOS online procedure is very efficient (atleast for no-objection cases). It generates a case number instantly which can be sent immediately to the respective embassy. Below is the timeline of my case:

7th April: DOS received my waiver form and fee

17th April: DOS received the no-objection statement (the embassy took 5 weeks in sending no-objection statement)

18th April: DOS online status shows favorable recommendation (JUST ONE DAY!!!)

I still have to get the waiver physically but the DOS efficiency is impressive!!!

Good Luck to All of You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.
I will go this way soon ,too.
Do yout hink you coudl give me any advice what to write in the no reason why I would like to stay?

Another question:
Did you first send the money to make sure it will eb there in time?
Also did you first contacted your mebassy , how did you do all this.
O, you give me hope, I hope it will work for me too. Thanks, again, plys

I suppose you meant "statement of reason". I just wrote "based on no-objection statement from home country".

You have to send the Fee 215 dollars with the form that you will generate online. They give all the instructions.

As far as the embassy is concerned, in my case, getting clearances from my home country took a year, so that has to be started FIRST OF ALL, if you want, even before the case number procedure.

Once your embassy gets clearances from home country, then you can do the online procedure which generates all documents for DOS as well as for your embassy. You will have to then mail these documents to the respective places and start waiting for responses.

Good Luck!!!

How long was your satemane tof reasosns??

And what were your main reasosn, any advie??
Thanks!

My basis was no-objection, so i just wrote in the column for statement of reason: "Based on no-objection certificate from home country".
Thats it. And it worked. I don't think they need much explanation when the basis is no-objection.
Good Luck.

I didn't submit CV with J-1 waiver application

No where they asked to submit copy of my CV in the process. Do you think a CV is a must for waiver application?
Thanks.
Joe

Hi ritu9,

Congratulations! How did you get a favorable answer from your "sponser view"?

In order to get a J-1 waiver under "no objection", does DOS have to ask your sponser's opinion? Is there anyway to avoid this if you already know your sponser will not give a favorable answer?

Jane

Congratulations ritu9!!!

I am sure you feel on top of the world!
I am happy for you.

Please, I don't understand the part about your home country.
I thought the no objection letter comes from your country's embassy at DC.
Did you need anything from your home country?
Could you enlighten me please?

Hi everyone,

On my copy of the certificate of eligibility for exchange visitor J-1 status it says that I am not subject to the two year residence requirement, but I just wanna make sure. Does anyone knows if I can verifiy this in any way?

thanks

Udy said:
Congratulations ritu9!!!
Please, I don't understand the part about your home country.
I thought the no objection letter comes from your country's embassy at DC.
Did you need anything from your home country?
Could you enlighten me please?

When I contacted my own embassy to get the no objection I had to provide them with documentation from other institutions at home. So, I would assume, ritu9!!! had to do the same. In my case, I had to get a letter from the Ministry of Education stating that my studies in USA were not funded by my home country.

In my case, I only had to write to my home country's embassy in D.C. Just contact your embassy and they should be able to tell you what they need in order to write a no objection statement. It is probably different for each country.

Hi Ritu,
Please let us know when you get final waiver from USCIS. This is what shows in my waiver status check page.

Fee Received May 17, 2006
Form DS-3035 Received May 17, 2006
Form DS-2019 Received May 17, 2006
Passport Data Page Received May 17, 2006
Letter of Representation Received May 17, 2006 +++++What is this? I am not represented by an attorney++++++
Statement Of Reason Received May 17, 2006
Other Received May 17, 2006 +++Letter from my advisor++++

Strange enough, No Objection letter from emabssy is not yet listed here. I guess they have not received it yet.

I am curious too. Anyone else had "Letter of Representation" on their DoS website? Mine showed up after "Favorable Recommendation," I assumed that this is one of my recommendation letters from my professors, as the DoS decision was made faster than I managed to get all the letters mailed. I know the letters were not required.

May 19 - still no news from USCIS
Letter of Representation Received May 08, 2006
Recommendation Sent April 27, 2006
Sponsor Views Received April 26, 2006
Other Received April 19, 2006
Request for Sponsor Views Sent April 05, 2006
No Objection Statement Received March 30, 2006
Curriculum Vitae Received March 24, 2006
Fee Received March 23, 2006
Form DS-3035 Received March 23, 2006
Form DS-2019 Received March 23, 2006
Passport Data Page Received March 23, 2006
Statement Of Reason Received March 23, 2006

Hi,

I also do not understand what "Letter of Representation" means.

Fee Received May 05, 2006
Form DS-3035 Received May 05, 2006
Form DS-2019 Received May 05, 2006
Passport Data Page Received May 05, 2006
Letter of Representation Received May 05, 2006
Statement Of Reason Received May 05, 2006

I received a copy of the "No objection statement" letter from my embassy to DOS on May, 05
I thought "letter of representation" is the letter from my embassy

butterfly2006 said:
Hi,

I received a copy of the "No objection statement" letter from my embassy to DOS on May, 05

My waiver is based on No Objection. Please mention your waiver type. The waiver type is important because in other cases they will ask for
I am not sure whether 'Letter of Representation' is the same as No Objection from embassy. My guess is letter of representation is the one you sign if you are represented by an attorney. DOS status check pages says that "IMPORTANT: All "items" must reflect an action of "received" or "sent" before your case is considered ready for deliberation. Only a case file that contains all the necessary documents and inputs, will begin accruing processing time."
My status check page does not show a field for 'No Objection letter'

Indian embassy: More than 5 weeks to send No Objection letter

butterfly2006 said:
Hi,

I received copy of No Objection letter sent by indian embassy to the DOS dated April 10th, 2006. It has been more than 5 weeks and DOS still has not received it according to the online status check. It must be a 'snail' mail service that embassy is relying upon to send documents within Washington DC.

Warning

Hi there!

A warning to everybody: Getting the favorable recommendation doesn't mean you are finished with the No Objection waiver. You still need to get the USCIS approval notice (= final waiver). You might be able to adjust your status with the fav. rec. but as soon as you need to do consular processing (e.g. to obtain an immigration visa) in your home country you need to present the final waiver!

In my case six month (!) have passed and I still haven't gotten the final waiver. I actively followed-up with USCIS CSC by phone, mail, congressperson... no response! Just be aware that there could be a huge delay in getting the final waiver.

--------
Nov 26, 2005 DOS sent fav. rec. to USCIS CSC
Dec 14, 2005 Receipt notice from USCIS CSC
Jun 01, 2006 Still no final waiver issued

Did you check why this much delay in getting final waiver from USCIS? I know others who got final waiver from USCIS within a month after getting favourable reccomendation from DOS.