One More Damn Thing: InfoPass

Rolling Hills

Registered Users (C)
I tried dozens of times on the InfoPass site and always say: "At this time, InfoPass is not available in your area". So I called 1-800 number and a woman (not a lady) told me my local office (in my city) does not have the availability to make an appoinment on line. She gave me a zip code for a nearest local office which is 2 hours away from my city and ask me to set up a schedule in another office (not my local office). Can I just walk in my local office?

Try use a different option (like general question, meeting officer) other than the specific one for stamping. As long as you have an appointment you are fine.

After i entered my local zip codes, the first message I got is: "At this time, InfoPass is not available in your area". So I have not gone further deeper yet. I will visit my local office to ask them in person tomorrow.

Rolling Hills said:
After i entered my local zip codes, the first message I got is: "At this time, InfoPass is not available in your area". So I have not gone further deeper yet. I will visit my local office to ask them in person tomorrow.

Try again at off-peak timings. I tried mine at about 10:00 p.m. and got through in the first shot.

Info Pass

My 485 is approved. I received e-mail. Should I wait for 14 days for notice to arrive ? Or Can I go ahead and take appointment right now ?

Please post Pros and cons from experienced persons from Detroit.

Are you asking if you could take appointment before receiving the notice, or going to the office without an approval letter? The first is not a problem, for sure, the later is possible too, but without a guarantee that they are going to let you in without the letter - unless you can show some urgency. Hope it helps.

Just came back from my local office! I was told I can walk in anytime and they don't schedule appointments at all.

For your information:

"At this time, InfoPass is not available in your area." means the local office in your area does not have the availability to make an appoinment on line. Then, what should you do? Visit your local office!

I believe If you couldn't make an appointment online, you can always go to your local office for advice.

Last edited by a moderator: