On the verge of blowing up my top!!!

pranav007

I came to US on H1B in Mar 1999
Married a US Citizen girl in Feb 2002.
My wife is naturalized through her parents. She was under 18 when both her parents naturalized.
She has a valid US passport, but no naturalization certificate.
I applied for her Naturalization Certificate alongwith my Green Card in 2002.
I got my EAD, Green Card, Unconditional Green Card after 2 years, but no news about her Naturalization Certificate yet. It usually takes 9 months. It's 2007 now!!!
We called the USCIS so many times, even visited the local office. They keep on transferring her file between service centers. The local office as well as the phone rep. told us that no decision has been made yet on her case. "What decision are they going to make?!!". As of now it's still in process.
I could have filed for my citizenship 2yrs9mths after getting my GC on a marriage basis, but did'nt because I don't know her date of naturalization, which I can only get from the naturalization certificate.
It's going to be 5 years now for me and I can apply for naturalization NOT based on marriage, but the N-400 is still the same. It will have the same questions. Is your wife a US Citizen? If YES then mention the date and place of her naturalization. Back to the same situation????
What should I do? Would my application be considered incomplete and returned or put on the shelf by the USCIS? Would they consider if I send them an explanation?
I will if I have to, but as far as possible I want to resolve this without filing a lawsuit against the USCIS. :mad:

I agree with you. Logically it should be the date first of her parents naturalized. But this agency works on a logic that absolutely defies all laws of universe :) I have a lawyers appointment on Monday 3/26/07. I will post his comments here soon as i know.