October 2011 Filers

@DeeZee

when you got the IL, did you get I 130 approved letter too? In my situation I got an email stating that I130 is approved. So, will i be getting IL next? Any idea?

when you got the IL, did you get I 130 approved letter too? In my situation I got an email stating that I130 is approved. So, will i be getting IL next? Any idea?

No. when I get the IL, both I130 and I485 were still in "Initial Review". Looks like we are following different routes.

No. when I get the IL, both I130 and I485 were still in "Initial Review". Looks like we are following different routes.

My I130/I 485 were transferd to CSC, my I 130 got approved as per the e mail i recieved. They said the approval letter is maild, But 485 says initial review. I dont understand what exactly it means. any idea?

@silvermug
Thank you!

bigbull99
I know I should be the last person to tell anyone to relax as I was quite worrisome before my interview but I want to encourage you to relax. I understand your frustration because you're not sure what's going on but the time to worry has not yet come. Your case was transferred to CSC and their procedures might be a little different. Perhaps at that location, your I-130 MUST be approved before they approve the I-485, perhaps at local offices they approve both at the same time. I'm sure you'll receive correspondence from them soon enough. The case is making progress. You may be even lucky to get approved without even having an interview. Give it some more time. Don't worry too much about it...YET. As for the approval letter they are mailing, you did file a form so it's their duty to officially (formally) notify you of their decision. The online case status/emails/texts are courtesy methods of keeping you up to date but they are obligated to give you an official document to inform you of the outcome of that particular case. Your spouse petitioned for you and the petition has been granted/approved. What you are going to receive in the mail will say that. As for the I-485, you will have to wait some more while they work on that.

@DeeZee
What a mess up on their part. I bet that's an inconvenience to you. Did they say how long it'll take to be corrected? Are you traveling soon?

In other news: I received an email from USCIS yesterday. They have ordered my card. The online case status has now moved from "Decision" to "Card Production"

Last edited by a moderator:
@MarineWife

Congratulations!!! I know it is kind late.....but i am totally exhausted because of my new job. i feel too tired to turn on my computer after i get home. That's why i haven't come here for almost 1 month. Anyway, I am really happy for you. Finally, you went through it. :eek:

I had my interview on 1/18. Like wat i mentioned above, I was so tired every day. I didn't prepare anything until the weekend before the interview date. My hubby and I reviewed some interview questions and made sure we have the same answer.

On the interview date, we went to the office around 9:30. Our appointment is on 10:15. We were called by IO around 10:30. The first question she asked us is that told me about your love story. And, my hubby answered the question. Then, she asked why we don’t have health insurance. And, I explained the company pays for my husband’s insurance but it is really expensive to add me in. My current company will also pay my health insurance from April. And, she provided some advice one “health insurance plan.” Then, ask my hubby the detail about “love story,” like our first date, when we met, and how we met. Then, ask about if both of our parent met each other, and what our parent think about our marriage. She also asked me those questions on 485, asked my hubby my Bday and asked me my hubby’s Bday, asked me if I am married, and what is my husband first name.

Total time of our interview is around 40 mins. She didn’t mention anything, just went out her office with all our documents and few mins later, she came back and started typing but didn’t say anything. Then, she printed out 2 paper and told my hubby that the card will be mailed with 60 days and we need to renew the green card on what time because the current one is conditional one. Then, we said thanks and go home. In the whole interview, I didn’t talk a lot. Almost my hubby answered all questions and I just looked at him and smile. lol. I think US citizen will be the one who IO is care about. So, if IO doesn’t ask you, you just let your US spouse answer the questions.

Finally, I passed my interview and now I hope my card can be mailed out soon. I already received the email says that the notice is already mailed out. I believe the is welcome letter. Hope I can get my green card asap, so I can go other country with my hubby.
Good Luck for everyone!!!!

@sweet1031
I was wondering if you abandoned us because I missed you. Glad to hear that you've been keeping busy and even better to hear that you were approved! So far so good for all October filers who've had their interviews.

In other news: I just checked INS' website this morning and my case status went from "Card Production" to "Post Decision Activity". The update said: On January 20, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.

I guess I'll be receiving the welcome letter and then the GC back to back. Hopefully before next week is done.

Who's next on the interview train? Is it @HossDelgado?

@MarineWife

Congratulations!!! I know it is kind late.....but i am totally exhausted because of my new job. i feel too tired to turn on my computer after i get home. That's why i haven't come here for almost 1 month. Anyway, I am really happy for you. Finally, you went through it. :eek:

I had my interview on 1/18. Like wat i mentioned above, I was so tired every day. I didn't prepare anything until the weekend before the interview date. My hubby and I reviewed some interview questions and made sure we have the same answer.

On the interview date, we went to the office around 9:30. Our appointment is on 10:15. We were called by IO around 10:30. The first question she asked us is that told me about your love story. And, my hubby answered the question. Then, she asked why we don’t have health insurance. And, I explained the company pays for my husband’s insurance but it is really expensive to add me in. My current company will also pay my health insurance from April. And, she provided some advice one “health insurance plan.” Then, ask my hubby the detail about “love story,” like our first date, when we met, and how we met. Then, ask about if both of our parent met each other, and what our parent think about our marriage. She also asked me those questions on 485, asked my hubby my Bday and asked me my hubby’s Bday, asked me if I am married, and what is my husband first name.

Total time of our interview is around 40 mins. She didn’t mention anything, just went out her office with all our documents and few mins later, she came back and started typing but didn’t say anything. Then, she printed out 2 paper and told my hubby that the card will be mailed with 60 days and we need to renew the green card on what time because the current one is conditional one. Then, we said thanks and go home. In the whole interview, I didn’t talk a lot. Almost my hubby answered all questions and I just looked at him and smile. lol. I think US citizen will be the one who IO is care about. So, if IO doesn’t ask you, you just let your US spouse answer the questions.

Finally, I passed my interview and now I hope my card can be mailed out soon. I already received the email says that the notice is already mailed out. I believe the is welcome letter. Hope I can get my green card asap, so I can go other country with my hubby.

Congratulations sweet1031. Looks like 4/4 for October Filers. Glad you had an easy interview. Let's hope everyone here interviews go as smoothly as yours did

@DeeZee
What a mess up on their part. I bet that's an inconvenience to you. Did they say how long it'll take to be corrected? Are you traveling soon?

I won't be traveling soon and I won't be up for job interviews for a few months so I can wait for a corrected plastic GC.

I actually got a call from my interviewing officer yesterday! She said I can physically go in and drop off the incorrect card and she'll take care of getting a new one made. That means I won't have to fill out and send a Form I-90. Well, despite the clerical error, my IO is very nice ;-).

Fantastic! Congratulations! Go Octoberfilers!

Wow that is cool. Now THAT is a nice IO!
I won't be traveling soon and I won't be up for job interviews for a few months so I can wait for a corrected plastic GC.

I actually got a call from my interviewing officer yesterday! She said I can physically go in and drop off the incorrect card and she'll take care of getting a new one made. That means I won't have to fill out and send a Form I-90. Well, despite the clerical error, my IO is very nice ;-).

Congrats!

Congrats on the smooth interview! Hope the new job is going well, too. The wife and I will probably be going to the same USCIS office for our interview- just a week and a half later. Hope we also get a nice IO.

130 approved/ 1485?

I got the approval letter for I 130. It say's- the above petition is approved, as per the application the benificiary is in USA, contact the local USCIS office to abtain 485 form and follow the instructions to file it.

I already filed I 485. along with I 130. I got EAD approvedin Dec,2011. I am lost, I dont know what to do. In Dec 17 2011, I got a letter ststing that mu 130 and 485 were transferd to CSC and are beeing processed.. Now I get a apporval letter fron CSC for I 130. Nothing on 485.
What should I do?
I am Planning to call USCIS on Monday to find out what should it do?
Any ideas. I tried searching the web to see if any answers could be found, But i was not successfull.
Any one who reads this please let me know if they came across similar situation.
help is appreciated.

I got the approval letter for I 130. It say's- the above petition is approved, as per the application the benificiary is in USA, contact the local USCIS office to abtain 485 form and follow the instructions to file it.

I already filed I 485. along with I 130. I got EAD approvedin Dec,2011. I am lost, I dont know what to do. In Dec 17 2011, I got a letter ststing that mu 130 and 485 were transferd to CSC and are beeing processed.. Now I get a apporval letter fron CSC for I 130. Nothing on 485.
What should I do?
Any ideas. I tried searching the web to see if any answers could be found, But i was not successfull.
Any one who reads this please let me know if they came across similar situation.
help is appreciated.

@bigbull99: I think the only thing you can do right now is to wait patiently.

We both sent our packets almost the same time and we are both located in MA, but one difference I can see between us if that you had 2 RFEs. Maybe that's why your application is going slower than mine ... I'm only guessing.

Your I-130 is already approved, so that calls for congratulations! I hope you get your IL or I-485 approval soon. Hang in there!

I-130 and I-485 approvals

I am little confused:

When you say I-130 and I-485 approvals, is that you mean NOAs or something else?
Is it that you can get interview only after these get approved?

Please explain.

What should I do?
help is appreciated.

I am little confused:

When you say I-130 and I-485 approvals, is that you mean NOAs or something else?
Is it that you can get interview only after these get approved?

Please explain.

I have no idea, I think it is case by case. I got 130 approved, 485-initial review, got the EAD. I called USCIS this morning, they told me to wait till Feb 13, it will be 4mts by then. They told me call back on Feb 15th. I sent all the forms at the same time. The case was transferd from MSC to CSC, Now the 130/485 are at CSC, The apporval fro 130 letter came fron CSC.
Now all i can do is just wait and watch for the status to change in USCIS web site, and wait till Feb 15 to call them.