October 2011 Filers

congratssssssssssss marinewife
wish u all the best in rest of 2012
I have a question.did the IO go through your submitted forms or the copy ones that u had with urself?
thanks

Thank you!
When we got there, she had a large dark brown folder on her desk with all the documents we had submitted stapled/clipped inside. She didn't need our copies

@bigbull99 Thank you!!

I received an email from USCIS last night at 1130pm, updating me with the status of my case. It said

"Your Case Status: Decision

On January 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision"

Also my case status on their website for I-130 which had said "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status " all along changed last night when I checked (after I checked my email for I-485 update) to "On January 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice"

Thank you!
When we got there, she had a large dark brown folder on her desk with all the documents we had submitted stapled/clipped inside. She didn't need our copies

thanks a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttt...wish u luck in rest of ur life

congrat marine wifeey...

Thank you!

@bigbull99 Thank you!!

I received an email from USCIS last night at 1130pm, updating me with the status of my case. It said

"Your Case Status: Decision

On January 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision"

Also my case status on their website for I-130 which had said "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status " all along changed last night when I checked (after I checked my email for I-485 update) to "On January 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice"

congrat marine wife..
wat a smooth ride..
tc...

@Marinewife - You did iT !

Marinewife > Congratulation!!! You might be at peace now !

Plan some trip to BAHAMAS (or any of your favourite place) and Enjoy before getting back to work again !!!!
You deserve that !

* When she asked about my when previous marriage ended I gave her the date but I went on to explain that the relationship itself for that marriage was short-lived and only because my ex didn't want to pay for the divorce fees, I prolonged it until I could accumulate the funds to do it on my own)
That was too much information. Fortunately it didn't hurt your case, but you should avoid going beyond what they specifically ask you.

...and she also asked why I wasn't on his health insurance (or enrolled in DEERS) (this was when the supervisor was there) I explained that I need to have a SS card to be enrolled and sicne I had no legal presence, I wouldn't get a new card (as I had lost my old card) so therefore I couldn't be enrolled.
You don't need the physical SS card for health insurance. Writing in the number would have been sufficient. Some insurers may require proof of legal status, but your SS card wouldn't help for that anyway because the SS card with the employment restriction wording on it isn't any proof of status.

You don't need the physical SS card for health insurance. Writing in the number would have been sufficient. Some insurers may require proof of legal status, but your SS card wouldn't help for that anyway because the SS card with the employment restriction wording on it isn't any proof of status.

Yea I was stumped about this as well. I didn't have a SS card and was out of status but I am on my husband's health insurance plan. They needed proof of marriage and that was all. They just said when I do get SS to give it to them. I have been on his health insurance plan since we were married and I'm married 2 yrs now.

Maybe it's different for Military

Thanks again helenc
Thank you @BetterWorld and @abdul007

@Jackolantern You are right, it was too much info. I believe my nerves were in control at the time. In retrospect I didn't even need to say all of that.

Regarding the health insurance, he did not need my actual card to have me added to his life insurance(SGLI) but DEERS (the military enrollment system, where I would be granted a military ID and health care among other things) requires me to show my actual SS card) Copied off their website:
(Things needed to enroll New Spouse
· Sponsor (Military or Retired member)
· Marriage Certificate
· Social Security Card
· Birth Certificate
· Sponsor’s divorce decree if applicable
· One valid photo identification off of the I9 form)

Even his NavyFed account (through which he gets his direct deposit military pay) would not have me added to his bank account without a SS card and ID with my new name (they said a marriage certificate with new name along with old ID would not be sufficient) while Wells Fargo allowed me to just tell them the SS number and show them a valid form of ID along with my marriage certificate.

Anyways, all that is about to be over. As soon as my GC comes in the mail. Off to SSA I go to apply for new card. Once I receive that then I'll be enrolled in DEERS and added to his other bank account.

I was looking carefully at my GC (plastic card) and I noticed something peculiar about the dates.

The "Resident Since" date is "10/06/07" which is my wedding date. I expected it to be "01/04/12" which is the date of my AOS interview.
This kinda matters since we are able to apply for citizenship 3 years (minus 90 days) from the date we become permanent residents.

Could this be an error? Or is getting a GC-through-marriage a special case and dates are counted differently? Can I apply for citizenship tomorrow?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking carefully at my GC (plastic card) and I noticed something peculiar about the dates.

The "Resident Since" date is "10/06/07" which is my wedding date. I expected it to be "01/04/12" which is the date of my AOS interview.
This kinda matters since we are able to apply for citizenship 3 years (minus 90 days) from the date we become permanent residents.

Could this be an error? Or is getting a GC-through-marriage a special case and dates are counted differently? Can I apply for citizenship tomorrow?!?!

@DeeZee
Hmmm...that's interesting. I'm nowhere near receiving my GC yet, but I'd like to know the answer to that too, if anybody knows. I got married in 07/2009 and lived with my wife in the UK. Only recently I decided to apply for GC. If the date starts from 2009, that would be cool, actually! Does anybody know?

That sounds weird. I hope it's not a mistake and then have to wait on a new GC to be replaced.

I 130

To day I got an email and update in USCIS website, I 130 -we mailed you letter stating that the I 130 is approved, follow the instructions. My I 485 still says -Review,
They transferd my case to California Service Center. So my I 130 and I 485 are beeing processed at CSC.
Any one had a similar situation?

Is it normal for I 130 getting approved and then getting IL, I did not get any e-mail stating that IL is sent out, I was under an impressin that both I 130 and I 485 will be apporved @ the interview. On I 130- it says Post Decision Activity- Notice of approval has been mailed out on 17th, follow the instructions. Does the I 130 approval letter have the Interview date in it ?
How did rest of every one go through? Did every one get I 130 approved and then got the IL?
Please advise.

That is an USCIS processing error. Your resident since date should be the date that your I-485 was approved. It might be best to get the matter corrected now so you don't have any issues later on. If you want to get a corrected card, you would need to submit I-90 with the card and mark reason D. There will be no-fee (either application or biometrics) because of USCIS error in processing. You would also need to submit proof showing the error, such as a copy of the approval letter.

Is it normal for I 130 getting approved and then getting IL, I did not get any e-mail stating that IL is sent out, I was under an impressin that both I 130 and I 485 will be apporved @ the interview. On I 130- it says Post Decision Activity- Notice of approval has been mailed out on 17th, follow the instructions. Does the I 130 approval letter have the Interview date in it ?
How did rest of every one go through? Did every one get I 130 approved and then got the IL?
Please advise.

There are some cases where people get interview letter, go on interview and get approved, gets GC and then on the website at a later date it says I-130 is approved and they get I-130 approval letter

That is an USCIS processing error. Your resident since date should be the date that your I-485 was approved. It might be best to get the matter corrected now so you don't have any issues later on. If you want to get a corrected card, you would need to submit I-90 with the card and mark reason D. There will be no-fee (either application or biometrics) because of USCIS error in processing. You would also need to submit proof showing the error, such as a copy of the approval letter.

Thank you very much for the info!
I knew it was too good to be true. I called the customer service center number and confirmed that it is an error and need to submit an I-90.