October 2011 Filers

Congrats to all of you who have recd. the IL letter, attended the Interview, got the Card!! After the FP done on 10/31 there is absolutely NO update/news about my dad's case. The Last Update Date in uscis website is 10/07/2011. Any advice on whom to ask, where to check etc ??? :mad::confused::(

I advise you to call them tomorrow or Tuesday. You have nothing to lose. They'll probably give you the run-around but you never know...you just might also get some type of satisfaction. Contact them as soon as possible. I know every case is different but you can still try.

@Lazhy Congrats!!

I advise you to call them tomorrow or Tuesday. You have nothing to lose. They'll probably give you the run-around but you never know...you just might also get some type of satisfaction. Contact them as soon as possible. I know every case is different but you can still try.

@Lazhy Congrats!!

@ MarineWife,

Monday 12/26 is a federal holiday. They will resume work on Tuesday 12/27. So he can call them by tomorrow.

thanks for the replies.. I have not applied for EAD for him, just the Green card. i am also hearing from some people that parents do not have to appear for interview.. Will call tomorrow to the 800 number.

No

thanks for the replies.. I have not applied for EAD for him, just the Green card. i am also hearing from some people that parents do not have to appear for interview.. Will call tomorrow to the 800 number.

Thats not true, it happens some times. 1 in 10 cases, depends on the IO. Since there is noe EAD application, just call the USCIS and check on the updated. You should be getting the intervirw letter in Jan 2012.

SS card received

Happy Holiday to all our forum fellows. We are updating the signature: SS was received today. I don't think we will hear any updates about the case any time soon as NY is known for long waiting lines.

Spoke with USCIS -- No useful info..

I spoke with a USCIS representative and he pretty much repeated whatever was there in the status page. He said he can talk to the office only after 4 months have passed which is Feb 3rd. I think I just have to wait now.. So many things dependent on this.. Lets see how it goes..

Request for Evidence Received

Hi everyone,

Just a little update on my case.

I can check I485 case online now (but still couldn't check the cases for EAD and Travel document). I received a letter from USCIS today requesting 2011 income tax form (1040EZ)...(Both my husband and I were students in 2010 and had no income history) I guess I have to wait for my husband to receive W2 (at the end of Jan) from his employer first, and then we'll prepare our 2011 tax return. So my case will be on hold in the next month...

Congrats to the applicants who passed the interview/are going to have an interview in the near future!

sorry to read about the rfe

Wishing you guys a speedy w2. If you guys are in a hurry, it could be helpful for your husband to discuss the situation with company's HR department to see if they could expedite a w2.

Hi everyone,

Just a little update on my case.

I can check I485 case online now (but still couldn't check the cases for EAD and Travel document). I received a letter from USCIS today requesting 2011 income tax form (1040EZ)...(Both my husband and I were students in 2010 and had no income history) I guess I have to wait for my husband to receive W2 (at the end of Jan) from his employer first, and then we'll prepare our 2011 tax return. So my case will be on hold in the next month...

Congrats to the applicants who passed the interview/are going to have an interview in the near future!

Is joint account required?

Hi! Do I HAVE to have joint account for the GC Interview? The only financial document we have is my name on his life insurance. Also we have some pics and mails to the same address, post card from relatives. Would it be enough?

Hi! Do I HAVE to have joint account for the GC Interview? The only financial document we have is my name on his life insurance. Also we have some pics and mails to the same address, post card from relatives. Would it be enough?

Do you have a lease? Bills with both your names on it? Anything with both your names? They pretty much want to see that the marriage is bonefide. I think joint accounts is very important (I can be wrong). Why don't you want to have a joint account? Don't give them no reason to deny your GC for not having enough evidence

@ HossDelgado

when did you get to know your interview date? did you get an online update or you got it in the mail?
Which is your service center. Mine is CSC. I hope mine comes too. almost every one is getting it.
USCIS sent me a letter on 24Nov, stating that - for speedy process my application was sent to CSC. I wish it satyed at MSC. No idea when i will be getting my interview ?

Do you have a lease? Bills with both your names on it? Anything with both your names? They pretty much want to see that the marriage is bonefide. I think joint accounts is very important (I can be wrong). Why don't you want to have a joint account? Don't give them no reason to deny your GC for not having enough evidence

Nope, no bills, no lease, only christmas card with our names from his brother. Well, thank you for advice )

Anyone from South Carolina?

Guys, is interview going to be at the same place you have had finger prints? Is anyone from Charleston, SC here?