October 2011 Filers

Ead

Just checked case online and it says Card Production....was feeling a bit left out here. At last

@abdul007 & @id0mu
Thank you guys so much. I called USCIS on Monday and spoke to a second level rep who told me quite adamantly that the FBI had not sent back my fingerprints and that's what they were waiting for to approve my card. So I got off the phone and called the FBI immediately and they told me that they received my fingerprints at 1300 on the 25th of October an sent it back to USCIS that same day. So I called back USCIS and spoke to another rep who said she doesn't know why that other rep would tell me that because one can clearly see in their system they had gotten back my prints but that's all she sees and that my card should be approved soon and should arrive early January.
Anyways, Tuesday I checked the case status online and it said that my card was ordered for production on the 5th (Monday), I suppose sometime after I had spoken to both reps. I'm very happy about that and hope to receive it within the next few weeks

@DeeZee
Glad to hear that your card will soon be on the way as well.

@HossDelgado & @sweet1031 Thank you both for reaching out to me privately and being encouraging.

I took everyone's words into consideration and have decided that I will not be deterred from participating. I should have never even thought about it. I remember when I was filing out my forms with my husband. it was this very site that helped me with a great portion of the information I needed. During the process so far, it is this site I can come to read other's experiences and feel motivated and encouraged with my own process. So I will not after a disagreement, leave. If my being here can help even one person now or in times to come, then I would have succeeded.

I will continue to give my feedback and fill you all in on my progress. Me saying I was leaving had nothing to do with getting anyone to persuade me to stay. I'm not a needy 6 year old who seeks other folks validation or coddling to feel "special". I just felt it was better to avoid certain situations. I had plan to participate in other threads but not THIS one but after having a few days to think about it, I now know how to proceed and will continue as if nothing ever happened.

Congrats to sweet1031, sweet15 and bigbull99. We're making progress. Yay!

Good night all.

Hi sweet1031,

I'm just responding to your message here instead of inbox as I am now back on the thread. I had started writing there but decided to post here.

"YAY!!! I'm so happy that you got yours approved! I really hope you get it in the next few days. Is there any way you can ask the job to give you some extra time? (Just incase it doesn't come by the 15th) Can you show them that your EAD has been approved and you're just now waiting for it in the mail? Can that work at all or will you just lose the offer if you don't produce your document by the 15th?"

Hi sweet1031,

I'm just responding to your message here instead of inbox as I am now back on the thread. I had started writing there but decided to post here.

"YAY!!! I'm so happy that you got yours approved! I really hope you get it in the next few days. Is there any way you can ask the job to give you some extra time? (Just incase it doesn't come by the 15th) Can you show them that your EAD has been approved and you're just now waiting for it in the mail? Can that work at all or will you just lose the offer if you don't produce your document by the 15th?"

I contacted my new employer this morning and told them about my current situation. And, they said that because my card is procseeing, they can certainly delay my first day. I just need to let them know when I receive my EAD card. :eek: Happy Happy!!!

Congrats

Glad everything worked out!

I contacted my new employer this morning and told them about my current situation. And, they said that because my card is procseeing, they can certainly delay my first day. I just need to let them know when I receive my EAD card. :eek: Happy Happy!!!

Congrats looks like you are on your way

EAD Approved

I checked my I-765 online status this evening, my EAD has been approved and card has been ordered.

Good to see that everyone is moving on with their applications...... and I hope others yet to get their IL get it soon.

Just checked my status online and the EAD card production was ordered. I was feeling left behind but now I see some progress and I am waiting for an IL.

Just got word of my interview date. Will be January 24th.

Email says "On December 7, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for January 24, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. "

Does anyone know where national benefits center is? Or where the interview location is for Southern Illinois (please not chicago.... please not chicago....). I am guessing that it will have all the deets in the letter when it arrives, but if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate them

Correct. The interview letter will have the details on where and when your interview is. The email I got also had the cryptic "NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER" as the location. But my actual interview letter I got in the mail states the location to be "Boston, MA" which is what I am guessing is the closest field office to my location.

Just got word of my interview date. Will be January 24th.

Email says "On December 7, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for January 24, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. "

Does anyone know where national benefits center is? Or where the interview location is for Southern Illinois (please not chicago.... please not chicago....). I am guessing that it will have all the deets in the letter when it arrives, but if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate them

I live in Chicago suburbs and I've received the same online notice. The interview was at Downtown Chicago. It most likely will be the Downtown, so get ready.

glitch in online update?

This is weird...
I got another email saying my EAD card is in production yesterday, Dec. 9.
However, I got the same email 3 days ago saying my EAD card is in production Dec. 6.
Looks like a glitch. Anyone else get this double notification?

This is weird...
I got another email saying my EAD card is in production yesterday, Dec. 9.
However, I got the same email 3 days ago saying my EAD card is in production Dec. 6.
Looks like a glitch. Anyone else get this double notification?

Try not to worry about that. It happened to me. First I had seen the message were my card was ordered on the 5th. Then it changed to card has been ordered on the 7th. I found this weird but didn't worry. Then yesterday (9th), my online status said "On December 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

That last notice means that they have mailed you your card.

I just got my card in the mail today. Surprisingly there was no feeling of elation. I wasn't even excited. I thought I would have been but I just didn't experience it. Still thankful though. Anyways.....once you get the third email saying they mailed you a notice, that means your card is on the way.

I too got 2 emails but didn't worry as one of them stated they mailed me a notice and I guessed that was the EAD card they mailed out. Should get it in a few days

I too got 2 emails but didn't worry as one of them stated they mailed me a notice and I guessed that was the EAD card they mailed out. Should get it in a few days

Try not to worry about that. It happened to me. First I had seen the message were my card was ordered on the 5th. Then it changed to card has been ordered on the 7th. I found this weird but didn't worry. Then yesterday (9th), my online status said "On December 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

That last notice means that they have mailed you your card.

I just got my card in the mail today. Surprisingly there was no feeling of elation. I wasn't even excited. I thought I would have been but I just didn't experience it. Still thankful though. Anyways.....once you get the third email saying they mailed you a notice, that means your card is on the way.

Thanks for clearing that up guys!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the thread...Where can I add my signature?

ASC: Alexandria, VA

10/18/2011 Mailed I485, 130, 131, 765 to Chicago
10/21/2011 Received by USCIS
10/25/2011 I 797 Notice of Action received (I485, 130, 131, 765)
10/28/2011 ASC Appt Notice (11/18 biometrics appt)
11/8/2011 Biometrics appt walked in successfully

However, after I finished the biometrics, I haven't heard anything from USCIS. It worries me so much because I still cannot check my status online. When I enter the receipt number, it says "your case cannot be found". I called USCIS and the representative told me that there is sth wrong with the system and they are trying to fix it...

I called in today and a woman told me they are dealing with applications from Dec 3 2010 so I have to wait 302 days for the interview notice?!?! Now I'm really confused. I didn't use a lawyer and is that why I have to wait for so long??

Most of the people who filed in October already received their EAD card which is great news. Congrats!

I just wish I could check my case status online...

Thanks.