October 2011 Filers

RFE response finally logged

What a relief- my wife's RFE response seems to have finally been logged into USCIS' systems. It took them 3 days after receipt to update the case status online.

Btw, I called USCIS yesterday about not being able to see case status online. The level 2 representative I eventually spoke with told me that he would put in a request for the 'systems' team to update the online status for my/our 130 and 485. Not sure if that was legitimate, but I'll post back if anything magically updates.

Online Updte

Initial Review
On November 17, 2011, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

This is what it says in my Online ststus. It was RFE review respocne recieved, before but it went back to Initial review to day and it says they moved my case toa different office. Why is that? Is it normal or any thing bad? I am worried again. Any one had similar situation?

Online Update

it says that for both I485 and I 130, That both the case has been transferd toa different office.:(

Initial Review
On November 17, 2011, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

This is what it says in my Online ststus. It was RFE review respocne recieved, before but it went back to Initial review to day and it says they moved my case toa different office. Why is that? Is it normal or any thing bad? I am worried again. Any one had similar situation?

I don't know what it means but look at it as that they touched your case. Mine is still in RFE review. It means they have looked at your case and it seems everything is in order so they sent in to the appropiate office. I maybe wrong but thats how it looks to me. So thats good news. Your case is moving along nicely. If they wanted another RFE they would have requested it. Try not to worry so much

Updating the signature. 3 unlucky times with walk in biometrics. Finally it's done. Online cases still show initial review.

Glad you're finished

Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful walk-in tries, but it's cool that you're done now.

Updating the signature. 3 unlucky times with walk in biometrics. Finally it's done. Online cases still show initial review.

Applied GC for my Dad, confused about the next steps...

I am not too sure if this is the right forum, but I see a lot of activity so hope to get answers for my question here.

I have applied for Green Card for my dad. He is currently here in the U.S. I have applied both I130 and 485 concurrently. He recd. his biometric notice and completed it on Oct 31st. What would be the next steps for him? Will he receive an Interview letter?

We have his tickets booked for the first week of January. What is the likelihood of receiving his Greencard before the travel date? I have not applied for Advanced parole, should I think about extending his stay?

Thanking in anticipation.

I am not too sure if this is the right forum, but I see a lot of activity so hope to get answers for my question here.

I have applied for Green Card for my dad. He is currently here in the U.S. I have applied both I130 and 485 concurrently. He recd. his biometric notice and completed it on Oct 31st. What would be the next steps for him? Will he receive an Interview letter?

We have his tickets booked for the first week of January. What is the likelihood of receiving his Greencard before the travel date? I have not applied for Advanced parole, should I think about extending his stay?

Hey,

I applied for my mom. See the timeline below. The next step is EAD if you applied for one, but if not, then wait for the interview letter.

@ssampy

Where are you filing? What's your D.O?

And since you didn't file for an EAD or AP, then the next correspondence you'd be getting from them would be an interview letter. When you receive said letter, though, is determinant/dependent on what city and state you're filing in and what their processing times are like. It can be anything from 3 months from application date to 1 year, with the average being around 6 months.

Forget about go to India, He will not get his Interview before His leaving date.may be aroung FEB he may have interview appointment

Thank u for the immediate reply!

Thanks for the immediate reply!! So what kind of questions do they ask in Interview? Do I have to be part of the interview too as a sponsor?

Our ASC is Alexandria, VA. DO Norfolk VA

Oh my ASC was in Alexandria as well! But my D.O is the Washington District Office (Fairfax, VA). I'm not entirely sure about Norfolk but I've seen past applicants with that DO get through to the interview stage before the Washington DO applicants. I don't think it'd be in time for your dad to travel in January but it shouldn't be too long after.

Oh my ASC was in Alexandria as well! But my D.O is the Washington District Office (Fairfax, VA). I'm not entirely sure about Norfolk but I've seen past applicants with that DO get through to the interview stage before the Washington DO applicants. I don't think it'd be in time for your dad to travel in January but it shouldn't be too long after.

Oh good! I think the timeline from this point is more dependent on Norfolk processing times, right? Hopefully, I'll have something good to thank for this weekend! Lets see!!

Up Date

I recieved a letter from USCIS lee Summit.MO, it had I 485, I 130 Notice of action: Transfer notice.
It Says: For a speedy process of your case, we have transferd it to California Service Center. The CSC will notify you of any action taken on your case.

Is this normal? has any one got any notice like this?
Please let me know? I am worried :(

I recieved a letter from USCIS lee Summit.MO, it had I 485, I 130 Notice of action: Transfer notice.
It Says: For a speedy process of your case, we have transferd it to California Service Center. The CSC will notify you of any action taken on your case.

Why are you worried? They explained in the letter that it is for a speedy process (hence the word speed). Going smoothly.....stop stressing

CSC seems fast

I don't have hard evidence, but random anecdotes from threads seems to indicate that the California service center is pretty fast. Perhaps it's just load balancing on USCIS' side? My understanding is that immigration flow from Mexico and South and Central America is way down these days, so perhaps the CSC has excess capacity (assuming many of those migrants end up in CSC's bailiwick).