OCI - Washington DC Tracker

What a relief SpicyRice, congratulations for not losing your US Passport and OCI. Did you figure out the Apartment Mail issue?

Congratulations SriniB. It must be a great relief.

My application is still not acknowledged. I did send email at the address hitraj ji gave me.

I just called them too and they took the name & registration number from me, asked me to call them tomorrow, as I think they are submitting query to India now.

Congratulations SriniB. It must be a great relief.

My application is still not acknowledged. I did send email at the address hitraj ji gave me.

I just called them too and they took the name & registration number from me, asked me to call them tomorrow, as I think they are submitting query to India now.

Thanks and yes, it is a relief. I am finally done with immigration issues. It only took me 8 years and I am one of the lucky ones... :rolleyes: No delays or complicated queries, etc.

Regarding your case, OCI section seems to be very efficient. My case was also not acknowledged for a while and when I reached out to them, they promptly found my case and helped it along. I am sure your experience will be the same.

Simply put, it will take you less than 2 months from the date they ACK your application. So stay on them (very politely of course) until they ACK your application. After that, it is a breeze... :)

Good luck to you...

Thanks SriniB for your encouraging words. I just got the reply to my email & they said it will be acknowledged this week. So now I am relieved that there is nothing missing and it will be done. I guess as long as I get the OCI received in DC by Oct 1 so that I can send my passport I should be fine. I have my flight on 14th Oct.

Updates:

Mailed to Washington DC - 06/19/08
Date Of ACK - 07/25/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 08/07/08
Documents Printed:
Documents Despatched From Delhi On:
Documents Received at WASHINGTON:
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC:
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) received home:

You mailed on 19th Jun & it's acknowledged on 25th Jul??? more than a month??? or is it just a typo you meant mailed on 19th Jul.

Updates:

Mailed to Washington DC - 06/19/08
Date Of ACK - 07/25/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 08/07/08
Documents Printed:

It is not a typo. It took more than a month. I called them after 3 weeks, when I did not see the ACK. Two weeks after I talked to them, I saw the ACK. That is why it took total 5 weeks.

Finally Mine got Acknowledged.

Mailed to Washington DC - 07/22/08
Delivered at Washington DC - 07/23/08
Date Of ACK - 08/13/08
Photo/Signature Scanned :
Documents Printed:

Finally Mine got Acknowledged.

Mailed to Washington DC - 07/22/08
Delivered at Washington DC - 07/23/08
Date Of ACK - 08/13/08
Photo/Signature Scanned :
Documents Printed:

Great! So where is that ghee-shakkar you mentioned? :)

bilkul milega par at the time when I get my OCI process finished before my flight, am I right?

Here is mithai for you anyway

gulab-jamun.jpg

Great! So where is that ghee-shakkar you mentioned? :)

OCI Re-issue??

Hello

I'm an Indian by decent and a OCI holder for the last 2 years. In 3 month, I will be a US citizen (Family)
What is the procedure to change the OCI stamp to US passport
Does the current OCI will be valid??

Thanks for the input!

Febapp

You can read FAQ here which has all kind of answers

http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/oci.asp

Here is what I read for it

25. Will a new OCI visa sticker be issued on the new foreign passport after the expiry of the old passport?

Yes. On payment of requisite fee, a new OCI ‘U’ visa sticker will be issued. However, the applicant can continue to carry the old passport wherein OCI ‘U’ visa sticker was pasted alongwith new passport for visiting India without seeking a new visa, as the visa is valid lifelong.

Hello

I'm an Indian by decent and a OCI holder for the last 2 years. In 3 month, I will be a US citizen (Family)
What is the procedure to change the OCI stamp to US passport
Does the current OCI will be valid??

Thanks for the input!

Febapp

Its moving... I got update

Date Of Mailing 17-JUL-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-AUG-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 12-AUG-2008

Mailed to Washington DC on: July 31, 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: Aug 20
Photo/Signature Scanned:
Registration Status Granted: