OCI - Washington DC Tracker

OCI booklet vs OCI Stamp

Kakku, VM, Murthy, Fedup or anyone

Why there is an OCI booklet and a OCI sticker on the passport. Seems redundant. Are there any specific reasons you guys are aware of for this dual forms.

Kakku, VM, Murthy, Fedup or anyone

Why there is an OCI booklet and a OCI sticker on the passport. Seems redundant. Are there any specific reasons you guys are aware of for this dual forms.

OCI sticker gets you into India. OCI booklet can be used to prove your ID to anyone who needs it in India (banks, etc.)

emno,

i replied to your email.

Yes kids can sign if they want. Either you ask them to sign or affix their thumb print. Since their signature will be printed under their picture on the OCI booklet, it might make sense to make them sign it.

FYI for others. I asked both my kids to practice their signatures on a piece of paper several times till they can reproduce it with consistent look. I then asked them to signed directly in the box on the application. NO THUMB PRINTS NEEDED.

The older one signed his name full (firstname lastname). The younger one signed first initial.lastname

Both are ok.

The only thing that probably matters is that they should be able to reproduce them if it is needed for any unknown future purposes.

Thanks user-forum for replying here and to my email.
I am actually asking about t he Surrender of Citizenship form.

DECLARATION OF RENUNCIATION OF CITIZENSHIP OF INDIA ON
ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP OF ANOTHER COUNTRY

1. I __________________________________________________ ___ (here insert name and address of declarant) am of full age and capacity and was born at (with Tehsil, District, State and Country)

What is FULL AGE mean here?
I, ____________________________________________ do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated in this declaration.

I am sorry for multiple posts but I need this info so that I can send SC/OCI applications asap.

thanks

Thanks user-forum for replying here and to my email.
I am actually asking about t he Surrender of Citizenship form.

DECLARATION OF RENUNCIATION OF CITIZENSHIP OF INDIA ON
ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP OF ANOTHER COUNTRY

1. I __________________________________________________ ___ (here insert name and address of declarant) am of full age and capacity and was born at (with Tehsil, District, State and Country)

What is FULL AGE mean here?
I, ____________________________________________ do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated in this declaration.

I am sorry for multiple posts but I need this info so that I can send SC/OCI applications asap.

thanks

Sorry, Not sure about this as I did not have to go thro' this form.

I went home with a lot of anticipation yesterday. I was expecting a "delivery attempt" note from ups/fedex on my door. There wasn't one. Now i am worried.
Is there any other way to findout if they attempted to deliver in the absence of a tracking number?

I went home with a lot of anticipation yesterday. I was expecting a "delivery attempt" note from ups/fedex on my door. There wasn't one. Now i am worried.
Is there any other way to findout if they attempted to deliver in the absence of a tracking number?
it will be delivered today probably. try calling ups to see if there is any package with your name on it.

Same thing with me. I was anticipating it yesterday - left office early but did not find any notes. I was little concerned. I will wait for another couple of days. If I dont get, I may go to Embassy.

Sri

Same thing with me. I was anticipating it yesterday - left office early but did not find any notes. I was little concerned. I will wait for another couple of days. If I dont get, I may go to Embassy.

Sri

what city do you live in? around D.C or somewhere else. I live in richmond and maybe its the distance thats causing the delay????????:confused:

what city do you live in? around D.C or somewhere else. I live in richmond and maybe its the distance thats causing the delay????????:confused:

I live in Fairfax, VA. Anyhow, I will wait till next Tuesday and then plan for a visit to the Embassy. I have plans for my India trip on Dec 28th. If I delay buying the tickets, the cost may go up.

I live in Fairfax, VA. Anyhow, I will wait till next Tuesday and then plan for a visit to the Embassy. I have plans for my India trip on Dec 28th. If I delay buying the tickets, the cost may go up.

I don't think the processing has to do with distance...I live further away from both of you (NC) , so it's maybe just the batch processing...and which "babbu" is working on the pile. hang in there...you will get it soon.

I don't think the processing has to do with distance...I live further away from both of you (NC) , so it's maybe just the batch processing...and which "babbu" is working on the pile. hang in there...you will get it soon.

Lets just hope its not lost and i get it soon.

Murthy....I am flying out on dec 30. i already booked my tickets last week.

Can any one please tell who should sign the kids's SC form?
Please......

I have to apply SC and OCI for my 14 year old and no I read all the forums/emmbassy sites but no clue if kid can sign nor not sign.

thank a lot.

Happy Black Friday Folks!!!
Wife and kids all status updated to Printed as of 11/26...

Wife:
10/21/2010: Ack'ed
11/11/2010: Scanned
11/20/2010: Granted
11/26/2010: Printed

Kids (2):
11/03/2010: Ack'ed
11/15/2010: Scanned

Happy Black Friday Folks!!!
Wife and kids all status updated to Printed as of 11/26...

Wife:
10/21/2010: Ack'ed
11/11/2010: Scanned

Kids (2):
11/03/2010: Ack'ed
11/15/2010: Scanned

congrats gyus.