OCI - request to mail original USA passport

aga1793

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I received the email below indicating that my OCI card has been received by BLS Chicago, and I need to mail my passport to Chicago. Can someone clarify:
1) Do I need to send a prepaid return mail envelope along with this? Is that is what is being referred to when they are indicating don't send a handwritten or manual UPS or fedex air bill
2) I don't live in Illinois, and had originally indicated in my application that i will pickup the passport from BLS chicago. Is there someway for me to ask them to mail it to me instead?

Thank you very much,
Amit

Your OCI Card has been received from Delhi and is now ready to be matched up with your original US or non-Indian passport. You must now send in your original US or non-Indian passport by mail only (no in person submissions) to the BLS Outsourcing office where you submitted your OCI application.
You must send the exact same passport that you entered on your OCI application form.

It is strongly recommended to send in your passport by a trackable method such as FedEx or UPS. Do not provide a handwritten or manual UPS or FedEx air bill. Handwritten and manual airbills cannot be used by our office.
Instructions:
1) Print the attached mailing slip and attach it to the outside of your package to send your original US or non-Indian passport to the BLS Outsourcing office.
2) Print a copy of this email and include it inside your package with your original US or non-Indian passport.
3) Mail you original US or non-Indian passport to the address provided in the attached mailing slip.
Application No : usacxxxxxxxxx
Passport No : xxxxxxxxx

Regards,
The BLS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
See response inline.

Hi All,
I received the email below indicating that my OCI card has been received by BLS Chicago, and I need to mail my passport to Chicago. Can someone clarify:
1) Do I need to send a prepaid return mail envelope along with this? Is that is what is being referred to when they are indicating don't send a handwritten or manual UPS or fedex air bill

---- They are referring to the envelope you are going to send your US passport in. Use some trackable method for your return envelope. USPS priority with tracking # - high value, low price.

2) I don't live in Illinois, and had originally indicated in my application that i will pickup the passport from BLS chicago. Is there someway for me to ask them to mail it to me instead?

---- Send it with your US passport. Write on a separate paper with large font how you want that envelope to be used.

Thank you very much,
Amit

Your OCI Card has been received from Delhi and is now ready to be matched up with your original US or non-Indian passport. You must now send in your original US or non-Indian passport by mail only (no in person submissions) to the BLS Outsourcing office where you submitted your OCI application.
You must send the exact same passport that you entered on your OCI application form.

It is strongly recommended to send in your passport by a trackable method such as FedEx or UPS. Do not provide a handwritten or manual UPS or FedEx air bill. Handwritten and manual airbills cannot be used by our office.
Instructions:
1) Print the attached mailing slip and attach it to the outside of your package to send your original US or non-Indian passport to the BLS Outsourcing office.
2) Print a copy of this email and include it inside your package with your original US or non-Indian passport.
3) Mail you original US or non-Indian passport to the address provided in the attached mailing slip.
Application No : usacxxxxxxxxx
Passport No : xxxxxxxxx

Regards,
The BLS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Did you include a prepaid return mail envelope when you initially applied/submitted your OCI application?