OCI questions for Chicago consulate

mtillu

Registered Users (C)
I have been using this forum during acquisition of US citizenship and also now while applying for the OCI. This is my first time posting a question since I could not find the following questions anywhere in this forum. Hopefully someone can answer these.

I am ready to send the OCI application for my family (2 adults + 3-year old minor).
1. Does self-attestation mean that each adult applicant should sign and date the xerox copy of his/her (US and Indian) passport pages?
2. What about self-attestation of the minor applicant's copies of US passport pages?
3. For the self-addressed stamped (No. 10) envelope, how much should the postage be? Is it first-class postage rate?
4. We plan to produce the passport(s) and PIO card in person for affixing the OCI Visa sticker and registration certificate for our family, do we still need to send in the mailing fees (which will be $17 for our family)?
5. To pick up the OCI Visa stickers and registration certificates for our family, does each applicant have to be present at the consulate to produce the passport(s) OR can one adult bring in the passports of all the applicants in the family?
6. Can we cancel the Indian passports at the time when we are the consulate to pick up the OCI visa stickers and registration certificates for our family?

Thanks.
Mamata

First check the Chi consulate website to see if they allow personal pick up of the OCI visa. Some consulates don't allow it.
The stamped envelope is to be sent for them sending back the OCI stamped passports, so if you are going in person it is not needed.
You can cancel the Ind passports when getting the OCI visa stamped in your US passport.