OCI - New York Tracker

Has anybody applied for OCI in person in Travisa NY recently ? If yes, please post your timelines.
Thanks.
Rajiv.

I want to apply the OCI for my son. Since it is taking more than 3 months (based on the experiences of members in the forum), I think it would be a good idea to apply for the PIO instead of the OCI.

Can anyone who applied to CGI NewYork for an OCI card in the last one month post their experience.

Thanks
Vivek

cafeconleche,

Has your app moved to the next stage ie. documents prepared or submitted to consulate. I got into the same status as you on 3rd may and have not seen any progress.

My app has been at the consulate since the 5th. Seriously annoying. And, now I've decided to get a visa too, so I have to get something quick! How damn slow can this be EVEN AFTER OUTSOURCING!!!

thanks for the quick response.

how much delay did you experience between the time they said payment processed and the date it was submitted to the consulate..

Thanks.

Date/Time Action
04/01/2011 10:09pm EST Service order form completed online
04/05/2011 3:30pm EST Renunciation application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/29/2011 12:18pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/29/2011 5:21pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/02/2011 8:47am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/02/2011 12:24pm EST Documents received by Consulate
05/02/2011 3:18pm EST Application is pending.

Date/Time Action
04/01/2011 10:09pm EST Service order form completed online
04/05/2011 3:30pm EST Renunciation application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/29/2011 12:18pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/29/2011 5:21pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/02/2011 8:47am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/02/2011 12:24pm EST Documents received by Consulate
05/02/2011 3:18pm EST Application is pending.

This is ridiculous!

My Renunciation application and my wife Renunciation application were received by Travisa on 4/18 . Till this morning I have no udpate. I hoping that my application will be opened this week.
I have given up all hopes at this. I will just apply for the VISA in person and travel on VISA.

YES IT IS RIDICULOUS. Did you see the complaint I sent them? Can we all write one like that? And to the consulate?

I wanted to apply for OCI, but it will have to be a visa as well... almost $250 down the drain as I will apply for OCI eventually.

I have been reading this OCI thread for the last few weeks and found it very helpful in giving an idea about how long it is taking for the process.

After a few anxious weeks, I have finally received our OCIs in hand and here is my timeline. This was with the New York CGI.

It took three weeks for Travisa to send the documents to the Consulate. It had me worried because this timeline was not mentioned on Travisa's website and I have planned to travel in first week of June. I contacted them twice (once every week) and they replied promptly. In the first reply they said that the volume of applications was large and they were backlogged. In the second one they again said that they were backlogged and even told me which week's envelopes they were currently processing. That was helpful.

Documents received at Travisa : 21-MAR-2011
Acknowledgement by Travisa (Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed) : 05-APR-2011
Documents prepared to go to Consulate : 11-APR-2011
Documents received by Consulate : 12-APR-2011
**************************************************************************************

Acknowledgement by Consulate : 12-APR-2011
Scanned : 13-APR-2011
Granted : 14-APR-2011
Printed : 23-APR-2011
Dispatched : 28-APR-2011
Received at Consulate : 03-MAY-2011

**************************************************************************************

Received and verified by Travisa : 09-MAY-2011
Passport+OCI mailed out by Travisa : 09-MAY-2011
Passport+OCI received in hand : 10-MAY-2011

Thanks. I still think that's besides the point. Taking this long for something, AND not updating their times online, makes me think Travisa is dropping the ball. Maybe I'm just having a bad year...

.... makes me think Travisa is dropping the ball. Maybe I'm just having a bad year...

Aw come on, don't beat yourself up over this. Every single poster on the board, except for a handful few have been screwed over by Travisa/CGI.

Last edited by a moderator:
cafeconleche,
Do you have any update on ur application for renounciation ? I have not gotten any update on my application since Travisa received on 4/18. I called Travisa yesterday and they have no answer for this delay or when I can have my application processed.

Acknowledgement by Consulate : 12-APR-2011
Scanned : 13-APR-2011
Granted : 14-APR-2011
Printed : 23-APR-2011
Dispatched : 28-APR-2011
Received at Consulate : 03-MAY-2011

Received and verified by Travisa : 09-MAY-2011
Passport+OCI mailed out by Travisa : 09-MAY-2011
Passport+OCI received in hand : 10-MAY-2011

Thanks ndk100. This information is very helpful. Our OCI turned to granted status today. If it takes exactly the same number of days for us to get the OCI, it will arrive just the day before our planned trip. We earlier planned to cancel our tickets and rebook it, but now it seems it's better to wait until the last day (the cancellation amount that we would lose would be same irrespective of when we cancel it).

Any one's docs submitted to consulate after 3rd may ?

Folks,

I had my oci app turn to payment processed status on 3rd ( delivered on 4/12 ,payment processed on 5/3) and there has not been any change after that. Got a note that day that app will be submitted to consulate shortly but that has not happened. If anyone has had documents submitted to consulate after this date from travisa pls. share your timelines. It will help me determine if there is a problem with my case.

Thanks.