OCI - New York Tracker

PIO card

Kindly let me know what does a PIO card look like and what kind of info is on the card.
Thanks

Q About Mailing charges ....

Hi,

Me and my Wife's OCI's are granted and are at CGNY. I did not pay mailing charges while applying for OCI. I need to send that with my Passports etc. My Q is since both of us have OCI approved, can I send mailing charges for one since they are going to send both the OCIs and passports in one mail.

Or it has to be in separate mail?

Thanks

Pjosh

response mailing charges

We had 4 family members approved, had only paid $15 and all passports came back in one envelop

At NYCGI, looks like, so far so good :)

Date Of Acknowledgment 08-AUG-2006
Registration Status Granted On 13-AUG-2006
Photo/Signature Scanned On 13-AUG-2006
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

Ack in how many days..?

IBUSC

When did you send your application to NY Consulate after how many days can u see the ack. How many photographs they need ,two on application and one extra or more.

NYCGI received my application on 3rd August 2006. Acknowledged on 8th August 2006. I believe you need 5 photos in total per person. two photos on two applications (per person) and three extra.

IBUSC said:
NYCGI received my application on 3rd August 2006. Acknowledged on 8th August 2006. I believe you need 5 photos in total per person. two photos on two applications (per person) and three extra.

very strange i called before sending my application and was told three are sufficent two on forms and one to accompany,dont know what will they do now ,they call u to ask for more or return back application..? :mad:

Check this link:

http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/Dual Citizenship.htm#Amount_of_Fee_&_Mode_of_payment:

A total of five photographs, 3.5 cms X 3.5 cms, are required for each application. One each to be pasted (not stappled) on application forms (original and duplicate) and remaining three to be attached as additional photographs. Please ensure to attach these additional photographs with the first copy of respective application(s) and not in a bunch with the application of first applicant when applying as a group of family. The specimen and specifications are given below:

Things moving so fast!!!

Date of Receipt: 03-AUG-2006
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 14-AUG-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

Don't have the US passport but want to file for OCI

Folks, I got the US citizenship on August 8th and have sent in application for US passport. I arranged for all the paperwork/photos etc for the OCI application and this is what I found.

While filing in Part A of the OCI application they are asking for "Passport number", "Issue date" and "Issue place" ?. Is this US passport informtion ?.

Should I wait for my US passport to arrive or can I put in the dates of my "naturlization certificate" ?.

Can I just leave the three fields blank and fill them at a later date ?.

Thanks

Roy

roy_dude said:
Folks, I got the US citizenship on August 8th and have sent in application for US passport. I arranged for all the paperwork/photos etc for the OCI application and this is what I found.

While filing in Part A of the OCI application they are asking for "Passport number", "Issue date" and "Issue place" ?. Is this US passport informtion ?.

Should I wait for my US passport to arrive or can I put in the dates of my "naturlization certificate" ?.

Can I just leave the three fields blank and fill them at a later date ?.

Thanks

Roy

You need to wait for the US Passport to arrive. The Naturalization
certificate dates are not the ones which they are asking there.

No, you can't leave the three fields blank.

Having a valid US passport is ***A MUST *** before you apply/register
for OCI.

Thanks a lot.

I got the US passport in mail today. It doesn't say "Place of Issue". Also the page24 ("Amendments and Endorsements") is blank.

Q1: When sending notarized copies of the US passport I send the first two pages of US passport (picture page and signature page) and page 24. IS this correct ?.

Q2. What should I fill in for "Place of Issue" ?.

Q3 I am sending total of 5 photographs (2 photos for two forms and three photos separate). Is this correct.

Please let me know

Thanks

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my OCI

Showed up at the NY Indian consulate ( chaos as usual). Went to Information and asked to go to counter #7, dropped off my US passport and a printed copy of my OCI approval.

Was asked to return at 12:30 noon, got to the counter at 12:35 and the lady just showed up and started to call out name and distribute the OCI card and US passport with stamp.

Totally it has taken me 1.5 months to get it from start to finish...

Note I never got back my cancelled Indian passport...

Xkuger said:
Showed up at the NY Indian consulate ( chaos as usual). Went to Information and asked to go to counter #7, dropped off my US passport and a printed copy of my OCI approval.

Was asked to return at 12:30 noon, got to the counter at 12:35 and the lady just showed up and started to call out name and distribute the OCI card and US passport with stamp.

Totally it has taken me 1.5 months to get it from start to finish...

Note I never got back my cancelled Indian passport...

Not sure as to why the consulate won't return your cancelled
passport. I send the same to the SFO consulate 3 months ago
and they send it back in 3 days.

May be you should contact them in case they forgot it :)

Never know when you require it for any misc purpose
in the worst case scenario..

Despite of several holidays in India these days...

Date of Application delivery by USPS: 03-AUG-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 17-AUG-2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

IBUSC said:
Date of Application delivery by USPS: 03-AUG-2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

That must be some kind of record! You are not a relative of MMS or Kalam, are you? :)

It is Fast .....!!!!!!!!!

I had send three photographs total one each on application and one extra, Passport photo taken on blue background from a local photo studio.My time line is :

Date of Application delivery by USPS: 09-AUG-2006
Date Of Acknowledgment 14-AUG-2006
Registration Status Granted On 19-AUG-2006
Photo/Signature Scanned On 18-AUG-2006
Documents Printed On -19AUG-2006
Documents Dispatched From Delhi On 21- Aug- 2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI 25 Aug 2006.

Ready to send US passports

Application Received 03-AUG-2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 22-AUG-2006
OCI stamped passports received on 02-SEP-2006