OCI - New York Tracker

Hi y2k2010,
Sorry to hear that you need to cancel your tickets. 10 days back, I was thinking of cancelling my tickets too for my family scheduled on 7th June. Luckily, I don't have to do that now. However, not knowing about the status, I did not book my ticket. Now, for travel on July 1, the tickets are priced close to $2,000 (from JFK to Bangalore). Everyone ends up loosing some money some way or the other.

Hi,

How do we track the status at the consulate. When I called the travisa today they said documents were sent to consulate but travisa website had never updated that it was sent to consulate.

Thank you..

Hi,

How do we track the status at the consulate. When I called the travisa today they said documents were sent to consulate but travisa website had never updated that it was sent to consulate.

Thank you..

Check your status at https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp?
If you don't know the file number or the other number, simply click on forgotten registration number and it will give you the number.
Good Luck!

They are blatant liars! They want to get off the phone and so tell you what you want to hear! Told me the same thing, but status check on the link above yields a "mission has not acknowledged" result. O Travisa, misery thy name! :)

Hi,

Thank you..

It looks like they are printing together OCIs from one consulate's at a time. Houston seems to be moving now whereas NY seems to be stagnant.

My status turned to printed! Yahooooooooo!

---------------------------------
My Timelines:
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 12-MAY-2011
Documents Printed On 09-JUN-2011

my application for OCI was received by NYC Travisa on May 12th! They were quick to encash the payment (in 1 week). But no other updates since then. When I call the NY office, after holding for 1.5 hours I get transfered to the Chicago office and they say they don't know what to say but to hold on! I ask to be transfered to NYC office and am put back on hold for over 3 hours, then I get disconnected! At one point, they had told me that my papers were already sent to the consulate, but now they change the story. How is one to talk to Travisa in NYC? This is turning out to be the worst experience in dealing with consulates!

my application for OCI was received by NYC Travisa on May 12th! They were quick to encash the payment (in 1 week). But no other updates since then. When I call the NY office, after holding for 1.5 hours I get transfered to the Chicago office and they say they don't know what to say but to hold on! I ask to be transfered to NYC office and am put back on hold for over 3 hours, then I get disconnected! At one point, they had told me that my papers were already sent to the consulate, but now they change the story. How is one to talk to Travisa in NYC? This is turning out to be the worst experience in dealing with consulates!
I too had the same difficulties reaching out to Travisa. Finally I called them early morning like 9 AM EST (or 8 AM EST - don't remember). That time I was the 7th or 8th in the queue and was able to talk to a rep. That guy was super nice and patiently answered all my questions.

No status online!!!!!!!

Hello,

We mailed in my wife's OCI application with all the required documents last week and has been recieved by Travisa office on Monday afternoon 2:00 PM (condirmed by Certified mail and return reciept). As of today monring when I try checking the status online, it does not show me anything. Is this normal?

Hello,

We mailed in my wife's OCI application with all the required documents last week and has been recieved by Travisa office on Monday afternoon 2:00 PM (condirmed by Certified mail and return reciept). As of today monring when I try checking the status online, it does not show me anything. Is this normal?
Yes that is normal. I think it takes around two weeks for the status to change.

Finally ready:

05/31/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India
06/06/2011 3:37pm EST Outsourcing office has verified the Renunciation is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

I am abroad right now so I will pick it up on the 13th. I hope that's ok.

here is my time line:

Date/Time Action
06/06/2011 Shipped Via USPS Priotity Mail
06/04/2011 Service order form completed online
06/09/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
06/13/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/13/2011 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
06/14/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/15/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/15/2011 Documents received by Consulate

here is my time line:

Date/Time Action
06/06/2011 Shipped Via USPS Priotity Mail
06/04/2011 Service order form completed online
06/09/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
06/13/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/13/2011 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
06/14/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/15/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/15/2011 Documents received by Consulate

Yes that is normal. I think it takes around two weeks for the status to change.

Thanks y2k2010.

To be precise the online status shows in bold red letters that the file has not yet been acknowledged by the mission office. What does this mean? The only reason for my worry is the accompanying US passport with the OCI application

Sanket - no need to panic (yet! :) ). There are two different areas for checking status. One is travisa and the other is the GOI OCI page. The travisa one will only give you updates until they send your passport to the consulate. Thereafter, the updates need to be checked on the GOI OCI page. Until your status on the Travisa site does not turn to "Documents received by Consulate", you will not see any update on the GOI OCI status page. If you try to look it up, you will get the red message about the acknowledgement. In my experience, that message goes away 0.5 / 1 day after the Travisa status changes to "Documents received by Consulate".

From my timeline, I can tell you this - 4 weeks from the time Travisa received your package to the status changing to "Documents received by consulate". 1 - 3 days after that for GOI OCI page to start showing you updates until Granted. I'm still waiting for the printed status, I believe that takes about 3 weeks as well.

Hope this helps