OCI - Houston Tracker

Thanx for that good update, that is what I am akso thinking actually, resubmitting. So, It took again 2 to 3 months to get it from here?
My actual appl sent date was 01/30/09, any idea? thanx..

I think in most cases the process will start over but have never seen anyone resubmitting so not sure.

OCI application sent to Houston-knowing the status?

Hi,
I sent my OCI application on 12/20/2008. Today is 04/08/2009. I have not received any communication from CGI Houston as yet regarding my OCI application status. The major blunder I did was not to note down the file # before I mailed the application.
Questions:
1. Is there any better way to get the file # to check the status online myself. I tried calling Houston office several times but no luck.
2. Is it worth making a trip to Houston to get the status in person and to give my US and Indian passports in person if my application status has become "documents received".
3. What is the likelihood of my application status showing "documents received" given that it has been more than 3 months now?
4. If I send my husband to Houston to get my application status, will CGI provide to him?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sathiya

If you browser saves history when you check status it might show the reg #, Once its granted by Delhi office you get a email letting you know its granted.
Reg going to consulate in US yes if you give autorization letter with your husbands ID # (may me driver lic) they will provide details for you.

My application was recieved at the consulate on March 3/3 but no response yet it is almost 8 weeks now. I was able to verify if my papers were in order from the consulate they confirmed it but no acknowlegement online yet.

My OCI processing is complete, here is my time line...total time 79 days

OCI Application Mailed: 2/2/2009
Date of Acknowledgment: 26-FEB-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned: 13-MAR-2009
Registration Status Granted: 27-MAR-2009
Documents Printed: 30-MAR-2009
Documents Dispatched: 01-APR-2009
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 06-APR-2009
US & Indian Passport mailed: 08-APR-2009
US & Indian Passport & OCI Card received: 22-APR-2009

harvydonald - You are lucky.

I mailed mine in Oct 2008 and was acknowledged and the photos and signature scanned on Nov 28, 2008. No word yet. I emailed them few times (received a reply once that they will look into it), called them once and gave the info. No information.

We spent so much time with GC and then with Citizenship and now we have to put up with this.

It seems that some OCI applicants are waiting for their OCI for long time! Not sure what is going on! And it is hard to catch anybody who can answer our questions related to OCI application.

After almost 7 months my OCI was granted and the documents are being shipped from Delhi on May 6th.

This is what happened:
- I emailed in Feb 09 and got a reply that they will look into it and no response after that.
- Called Houston in March 09 and the receptionist took my info and informed someone will call me. No one did.
- Called again everyday since Apr 27 onwards and talked to receptionist. Left my info every time.
- Got fed up, and sent a letter to the Consul General at Houston as well as Ambassador in Washington DC escalating the issue on Apr 29.
- Finally, OCI officer called me on Apr 30. He told me that they sent an email to my yahoo id in March 09 (which I never got. Might have gone to my junk folder who knows). He said that they are waiting for a copy of my US passport to grant the OCI. He also said that once he got the copy he will expedite the grant and visa as much as he can.
- Sent the copy by fax on May 1. Surprisingly, the OCI officer called me again on May 1 to check whether I sent the fax.
- OCI granted on May 4, printed on May 5 and dispatched on May 6.

Our Consulates work a little unorganized and you need to put up with it. I sent an email from my office account and they could have replied to it with the request to send a copy of my US passport.
Or, better all they need is a field in the OCI status page to display what is required/missing so that we can immediately take action instead of just saying "Under process" but basically they are waiting for something from us.

The only thing I would suggest is:

If you are more than 3 months from date of Acknowledgement, then call the consulate every day between 2 PM and 4 PM central time. Don't relent. You will be rewarded in a week or so.

sending the OCI cards to the applicant

Hi

Does anybody know what mailing service they use to send the OCI cards and the passports to the applicant? Is it fedex overnight or USPS Express priority? We sent a $20 return shipping envelope. Does anybody have any info on this?

Thanks

rum23

OCI Granting Turnaround Time

Dear All:

In general, how is the process for granting the OCI? How much time does it take to acknowledge the application and total turnaround time for the whole process? This is just in general. For each individual case, it may be different and also all consulates in the U.S. may also differ in processing. How is Houston doing?

Thanks,

Kumar

Dear All:

USPS confirmation says that the application was delivered. Can anyone advise when it appears that it was received on Online Status?

Thanks,

Kumar

OCI process

Dear All:

Just curious about the process. Once CGI receives the documents how does it go forward from there? Where does the photo/signature scan takes place? Is it all done in India?

Thanks,

K

OCI process is not very well documented but I believe Indian consulate after receiving the application verifies the application for correctness and then forwards one set to New Delhi (takes about 1-2 weeks). Scanning of photos and printing of documents (OCI card and visa) takes place in New Delhi. Printed documents gets sent over to Indian Consulate (another 1-2 weeks).

OCI process

Checked online status. It seems that documents have reached New Delhi. Photos/Signature have been scanned. Does this mean, application and documents were in order?

Thanks,

Kumar

I also have scanned date as 04/25/09 on website, close to one month for now, daily checking the status, hopefully I gonna see Dispatched status shortly..

Any comments..? thanx..