OCI - Houston Tracker

Hi... I see my OCI is approved & documents received at Houston.
Now what documents should I send to consulate?
When I got the visa, my indian passport is cancelled, do i need to send that?
Where to send these documents? should i write something on envelop to let them know, it is not application, just a oci visa stamping?
Your input is appriciated.
Thanks

http://www.cgihouston.org/OCIStatus.html (1st para) has all the details you need. Let us know if something is not clear.

Oci waiting for passport

Date Of Acknowledgment 06-SEP-2008
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 04-DEC-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 30-SEP-2008
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 04-DEC-2008
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 05-DEC-2008
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 08-DEC-2008

I mailed my passport on 12/10/2008 to houston and still haven't received anything back from them... also when i call no one ever picks up their phone... I dont know what to do, I leve in florida and I have tickets to go to India in Jan... please advice

Good News, Waiting for 'V' Sticker. It looks like now moving fast.

Atloci2008,
-------------------------------------------------
OCI Application
-------------------------------------------------
Consulate:==============Houston,TX
Online Regisration, Form A:===07/27/2008
App Mailed To Houston:=====08/02/2008
App Delivered To Houston:===08/04/2008
Acknowledged:============09/18/2008
Scanned:================10/07/2008
Printed:=================12/17/2008
Dispatched:==============12/18/2008
Recd at Houston:==========12/24/2008
Passports mailed:==========12/30/2008
OCI received;=============?

Mailed passports to Houston...

OCI Application Mailed: 09/11/2008
Date of Acknowledgment: 11/07/2008
Registration Status: Granted on 01/01/2009
Photos/Signature scanned: 11/11/2008
Documents printing status: Printed
Documents Printed On: 01/02/2009
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 01/05/2009
Documents Received at HOUSTON: 01/08/2009
Mailed Passports: 01/09/2009

Waiting to be acknowledged

We mailed our OCI applications sometime during mid August 2008. And still do not see it acknowledged. Is anyone in the same situation? Please let us know.

Here is part of my online registration number -USAHKxxxxx08

thanks.

We mailed our OCI applications sometime during mid August 2008. And still do not see it acknowledged. Is anyone in the same situation? Please let us know.

Here is part of my online registration number -USAHKxxxxx08

thanks.
I think you will have lot of patience.
First the counslate lost all your passports and now they wont acknowledge or lost your oci app.
Either get a good lawyer and sue them for harrasment or drive down to houston and give them a bashing.
Think something has been messed up here. Hope you have you money order receipt and oci delivery confirmation.

Applicatio question

Do you guys think its wise to just apply for Indian Visa now, since I want to travel to India in May -June 2009? Or do you think its plenty time for OCI apllication to be approved?

Do you guys think its wise to just apply for Indian Visa now, since I want to travel to India in May -June 2009? Or do you think its plenty time for OCI apllication to be approved?

My suggestion would be to apply for OCI right away. It's definitely possible to get it in 3-4 months time you have. Just in case that doesn't happen, you can always apply for visa later on even while your OCI application is in progress.

OCI processing at Houston

I am impressed by Mr A K Garg's optimism. Just for your information the applications for my wife and son were received at the Consulate on October 10, 2008. They have yet to be avknowledged and they have had to apply for a six month visa to visit India for a family wedding.
I do believe that the Home Ministry's responsiveness is pathetic--you havea modernistic online application and a snail mail bureaucratic response. Of course you can be cynical and say there has been no response yet after three full months!

Hi guys.... long story on my OCI .... Consulate lost my passport and they mailed my passport to wrong person...after stamping.... that person was already in India...they took no initiative to find my passport...My advice to you all is mail pre paid envelop with you address on it... please do not send money order for consulate to mail passport... what a nightmare...I dont want to ever deal with consulate again in my life....

STATUS UPDATE

My timeline at Houston:

11/12/2008 - OCI app-India/Houston (Delivery Date)
12/16/2008 - Acknowledged
12/24/2008 - Scanned
01/21/2009 - Granted
01/21/2009 - Printed
01/22/2009 - Dispatched
??? - Recd at Houston
??? - Passports mailed
??? - OCI received

Last edited by a moderator:
Status Update

I got my OCI last thursday. It took me almost 5 months. Here is my timeline

OCI docs sent:08/27/08
Acknowledged:11/07/08
Scanned:10/14/08
Docs recveived in houston:12/24/08
Passports sent:01/05/09
Passports received:01/22/09.

Thanks everyone and good luck to all of you.

OCI question

I submitted the OCI application for the family. I see the status is GRANTED for all of us (on the same date i.e. 30-DEC-2008) and even the documents printed (31-DEC-08) dispatched (01-JAN-09) and received at Houston (06-JAN-09) for kids and self.

However for my wife it still show the following

Registration Status Granted On 30-DEC-2008
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

and had been in this status for almost 4 weeks now. What can I do to find out why her documents are not printed and dispatched?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards
VT

OCI houston tracking

We sent our passports on 01/6/2009, no responses to any e-mails from consulate office.

Neither office picksup the phone :mad:, Just wondering where my passport is

Is anybody on the same boat I am in.

Honestly they can close Houston consulate, rather than going on super slow processing on all the things. Last time when I applied passport they did the same thing. it took more five/six weeks to come.

Compared other consulate offices, Houston sucks, do I have option to pick the office probably not.

Any body know that is reason of this being that slow though.

Applied on sept 15th 08
Ack on Nov 5th
Photo scanned on Nov 11th
Granted on Dec 7th
Printed and displated on Dec 29th
Received on houston on Jan 6th 09
Send passport on Jan 6th 2009.

STATUS UPDATE

My timeline at Houston:

11/12/2008 - OCI app-India/Houston (Delivery Date)
12/16/2008 - Acknowledged
12/24/2008 - Scanned
01/21/2009 - Granted
01/21/2009 - Printed
01/22/2009 - Dispatched
01/28/2009 - Recd at Houston
??? - Passports mailed
??? - OCI received

Waiting for Passports...

We sent our passports on 01/6/2009, no responses to any e-mails from consulate office.

Neither office picksup the phone :mad:, Just wondering where my passport is

Is anybody on the same boat I am in.

Honestly they can close Houston consulate, rather than going on super slow processing on all the things. Last time when I applied passport they did the same thing. it took more five/six weeks to come.

Compared other consulate offices, Houston sucks, do I have option to pick the office probably not.

Any body know that is reason of this being that slow though.

Applied on sept 15th 08
Ack on Nov 5th
Photo scanned on Nov 11th
Granted on Dec 7th
Printed and displated on Dec 29th
Received on houston on Jan 6th 09
Send passport on Jan 6th 2009.

I am in the same boat, I sent my passports on January 9th and I didn't hear back from Houston.

That is why I am thinking of going there in person. I live 3 hours from the consulate, so thinking of taking tomorrow off and heading there.

That is why I am thinking of going there in person. I live 3 hours from the consulate, so thinking of taking tomorrow off and heading there.

I presume you have already checked with them to see if they allow passport/OCI pickup in person? 3 hours one-way is a long distance...