OCI fees for family

vivek.gupta765

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am submitting application for me, my wife and 2 kids (6yrs and 9mo). What is the TOTAL fee I have to send:
$275 TOTAL
or
$275 X4 = $1100 TOTAL

Please confirm.

Also, do I have to fill and attach part B separately for each applicant? Or just attaching part B to my part A is enough for the entire family?

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!

Vivek,

When did you get your US Citizenship done? Was it before June-01-2010 or after?

Have your cancelled your old Indian PP already? SC (Renunciation) paperwork?

Do any of your kids have PIO?

Answers to above will help in determining the fees.

In short,
- The $175 or $20 (Cancellation of Indian PP) is separate for each applicant
- The $275 (OCI Application fee) is separate for each applicant. This fee may vary if you are upgrading PIO for kids.

Depending on the consulate the mailing process (and fees) will vary.

Part-B is only one per application instance. You are required to submit two copies of the entire OCI application packet.
1st Set:
PART-A will be for each application - 4 pages of Part-A
PART-B is only one copy for all the PART-A entries

2nd Set:
PART-A will be for each application - 4 pages of Part-A
PART-B is only one copy for all the PART-A entries

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Hi gc4us,
thanks for replying!

I got my citizenship before June'2010. Yes, I have recd the Surrender cert. Nobody in my family has PIO. Fees is $1100 or $275 total?

We are total of 4 family members. You mentioned I have to make 2 sets, but SF consulate website mentions: 'Please make separate Complete Set as per the checklist for each applicant' at: http://www.cgisf.org/oc/OCI checklist.pdf
So, I have to make 4 sets or 2 sets?

thanks again!

If it is fresh OCI application it will be $275 X 4 => $1100 plus mailing fees.

As for the application you will end up submitting 2 sets of the entire application. Each set will have Part-As for each member of the family and one common Part-B.

To borrow from the DC site http://www.indianembassy.org/oci.php under subsection (b) “Family” Application option beneath "HOW TO ARRANGE THE APPLICATION(S)"

1. Part A (First Applicant) + Part A (Spouse)+ Part A (Minor Child 1) + Part A (Minor Child 2)
2. Part B – only one (as only one part B comes with four part A from the system), irrespective of number of applicants under Family Group (pl do not include the pages containing instructions after Part B)

Doing the above 2 steps will satisfy the first set.
Repeat the above 2 steps one more time for the second set.

The following link is helpful as well.
http://immihelp.com/nri/overseascitizenshipindia/oci-documents.html

Hope this helps...

If you have further questions, please feel free to post them here...

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GC4US,
this helps a lot!!!!

1 more logistics Q: I'll create 2 sets for the application (part A/B), but how about the supporting docs (photocopies of passport, etc)? They're a little different for each applicant bec my kids were born in the US, not me/wife. So, should I:
1) create 4 bundles of supporting docs one for each applicant (with each having its own filled checklist), OR
2) lump them together under the 2 sets u described?

Thanks!!

Vivek,
I would check the SFO thread to ensure the sequence/order of documents are not arranged in any manner that would irk the folks at the consulate.

When I did mine, I placed all the supporting documents behind each applicant's Part-A so that when they pick one applicant's Part-A, all the relevant docs are immediately accessible and they don't have to go fishing for applicable docs from a big pile. But, the DC site had the instructions that i referred earlier.... It was updated a few days after I submitted my docs, however:):).

But, one thing is for sure. Do not assume that they will use one common copy of a supporting document for all kids or for all in the family. Like various sites have mentioned, treat each applicant's docs as a separate application when preparing supporting docs. If I am not mistaken, I think a couple of them got back unused photocopies of the documents that they had submitted.... especially in SFO:):)

Whichever way you put them together, use paper clips, binder clips generously and importantly Post-it notes for each Part-A, Part-B and supporting document(s). I wrote the application number in each post-it note just to make sure they don't mix up documents.

Good luck