OCI Application Questions

I just collected my us passport with tourist visa stamp from BLS SFO Office.

My OCI status on GOI website still shows "UNDER PROCESS".

How long does the passport matchup at the consulate typically take? BLS tracker says that they sent to consulate on 12/6, no updates after that. When can I expect the consulate to send out the passport? Actually, does the consulate send out the passport or do they send it back to BLS and BLS then mails it out?

My spouse' PP too is sitting in the consulate for the OCI sticker since a couple of days. For my OCI sticker it took a week for BLS to update me about picking it up.

I would say anytime now unless they are celebrating the holidays early and consequently are low staffed...!

You can always track by your return envelope tracking #, if you have one.

Thanks. Still don't have an update, its now 10 days (sent to consulate for matchup on 12/6). I have some international travel coming up last week of Dec where I need my US passport, therefore my apprehension! How the f%^& do I contact the consulate? it is impossible to get through on the phone, and an email has not resulted in a response.
I do have a return label, but the package has not been dropped off yet.

My spouse' PP too is sitting in the consulate for the OCI sticker since a couple of days. For my OCI sticker it took a week for BLS to update me about picking it up.

I would say anytime now unless they are celebrating the holidays early and consequently are low staffed...!

You can always track by your return envelope tracking #, if you have one.

NY CGI OCI application question

I am applying for OCI and Renunciation together. On the information page for OCI application, it does talk about the requirements for the Renunciation Form, but it does not mention a photo or copy of US passport. However, on the instructions for Renunciation, it says passport and one photo. Which one should be followed, the OCI instructions that include Renunciation instructions, or the stand-alone Renunciation Instructions? Was a photo required for Renunciation?

Hi,

I am planning to send my renunciation and OCI application together. I have the application and supporting documents ready but would like to clarify few things before I send it out.

1. Do I need to put in 2 prepaid envelopes or just one?
2. What about notorization as I went through the instructions and could not find anything in it. Do we need that?

I tried both the phone numbers on their contact us page but both NY numbers are not working.

See inline answers

Hi,

I am planning to send my renunciation and OCI application together. I have the application and supporting documents ready but would like to clarify few things before I send it out.

1. Do I need to put in 2 prepaid envelopes or just one?
---- One is good

2. What about notorization as I went through the instructions and could not find anything in it. Do we need that?
---- Not needed

I tried both the phone numbers on their contact us page but both NY numbers are not working.

kool_maverik,

Received email from BLS that they have shipped the PP after getting it back from the consulate with the OCI sticker. Don't see the tracking info from USPS yet.

For reference:

SF Consulate
Mailed to BLS: Oct 29
Acknowledgement Date at MOIA website: Nov 5
OCI issued: Nov 26
Shipped from Delhi on MOIA website: Dec 03
BLS email regarding sending PP for OCI sticker: Dec 05
PP mailed to BLS: Dec 05
Received at consulate as per BLS: Dec 10
PP shipped back as per BLS: Dec 19

OK... received OCI booklet and USPP with OCI sticker. Hopefully that ends dealing with BLS and the Indian Consular section for a long time!

For reference:

SF Consulate
Mailed to BLS: Oct 29
Acknowledgement Date at MOIA website: Nov 5
OCI issued: Nov 26
Shipped from Delhi on MOIA website: Dec 03
BLS email regarding sending PP for OCI sticker: Dec 05
PP mailed to BLS: Dec 05
Received at consulate as per BLS: Dec 10
PP shipped back as per BLS: Dec 19
Received OCI booklet and USPP with OCI sticker: Dec 20

Awesome, I got mine too. Took about 2 weeks from the time I sent my passport for matchup.

My timeline below:

SF Consulate
Mailed to BLS: Oct 18
Acknowledgement Date at MOIA website: Oct 25
OCI issued: Nov 18
Shipped from Delhi on MOIA website: Nov 26
BLS email regarding sending PP for OCI sticker: Dec 02
PP mailed to BLS: Dec 03
Received at consulate as per BLS: Dec 6
PP shipped back as per BLS: Dec 16
Received OCI booklet and USPP with OCI sticker: Dec 18[/QUOTE]