OCI Application Question

mogalgiddi

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys:

Need help in filling this question in the OCI application. I was an Indian citizen and recently got changed to US citizen and now applying for OCI. I do not have a Indian driver's license, so what should I put in this questions:

24(a)
Whether the applicant or his/her parents or grandparents or great grandparents was born and was permanently resident in India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935 * at any time {please see instruction (1) }. If so, following details may be indicated:

(b) Date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY): 07/07/1981
(c) Place of birth: Hyderabad

Proof of residence etc. (Enclose photocopy of relevant documents; Note: If applicant is the spouse of a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin, his/her particulars should be indicated).

Is my Original(very first Indian passport) expired passport copy is fine. This old passport has my permanent house address. Once I renewed my passports here in US, they all got US addresses in it.

Please help.

Thanks

I don't recall providing Indian proof of residence. They are asking for your current proof of residence (in the US). Your last Indian passport is your proof, and needs to be submitted with your renunciation application

Thanks Dedo, appreciate. But if you look at Question 25, isn't it somewhat related to question 24 where we specify the applicant's detail. In question 25, it asks for proof of residence. Is the proof of US residence or India?

I do not have the same questions on my form (for some reason), but the only proof of residence that I had to provide was for my US address which was a utility bill