OCI application - question about documents

mb12345

Registered Users (C)
I have read through the indiacgny website and several of the posts on this forum, but I have one question that I need help with. I'll be submitting the OCI application for myself, wife and 2 kids at the NY Consulate. I have printed out the Part A + Part B forms and I have all the supporting documents ready to go.

My question is, do I need to make 2 sets of applications along with supporting documents for each application i.e. PartA+B for myself + my documents, a similar second set, then Part A for wife + documents and a similar second set and so on. So I would have total of 8 sets: 4 for each of us with a second set.

Or, I need to combine the application forms for all of us together so that I would have Part A for myself + Part A for wife + Part A for kids + Part B + supporting documents required for everyone. So I would have 2 sets of similar stacked documents.

The reason I am confused is that the OCI information page on indiacgny website states "(a) Printed checklist (one checklist for each applicant to be placed on the top of respective OCI application).". This to me means that the applications need to be seperated which would require each application to have its own supporting sets of documents and there would be a lot of duplication.

The latter would make more sense if I had to send only 2 sets of documents with all our applications forms put together. Can someone please clarify or advise?

Thanks much in advance.

i was confused about this too.....I havent seen NY requirements. For SF, they mention the similar stuff.

What I sent was:
1) Part A/B together
2) Repeat of 1
3) All the docs needed for each family member, as 1 stack with checklist on top. This stack had 2 copies of each doc needed. So, if there're are 4 family members, I sent 4 total stacks (along w/ the apps from 1 and 2).
I did this way bec of inputs from the forum..See these:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?317336-OCI-fees-for-family
http://immihelp.com/nri/overseascitizenshipindia/oci-documents.html

good luck!

i was confused about this too.....I havent seen NY requirements. For SF, they mention the similar stuff.

What I sent was:
1) Part A/B together
2) Repeat of 1
3) All the docs needed for each family member, as 1 stack with checklist on top. This stack had 2 copies of each doc needed. So, if there're are 4 family members, I sent 4 total stacks (along w/ the apps from 1 and 2).
I did this way bec of inputs from the forum..See these:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?317336-OCI-fees-for-family
http://immihelp.com/nri/overseascitizenshipindia/oci-documents.html

good luck!

Thanks.. so you split the Part A of each application and put it along with the respective documents? What about Part B? Did you just include it with the primary applicant or make a copy for each? Or did you just include Part A/B + another Part A/B for all applicants together and not include them along with the documents stacked for each family member? Thanks again.

I put part A of all applicants together with 1 common part B as 1 bundle. Then I repeated this. The rest of the docs were separate bundles (separate for each applicant).

Note that I did not make any copies of part A or B. I actually filled them twice.

This is what i sent, but my appln only acknowledged Oct 20, so not sure if this is right..(NY consulate)
Checklist
Set1=>
All 3A forms and B form(together)
Extra photos for all 3 (2 nos per person)
Combined money order
Docs for me
Docs for wife
Docs for son

Set2=>
Copy of All 3A forms and B form (together) (with original pic and photo)
Docs for me
Docs for wife
Docs for son

this is what my hubby send
0) covering letter with document check list
1) Part A of everyone (husband and kids)
2) One Part B
3) photos
4) fees
5) Birth certificate
But I send few days ago

This is what i sent, but my appln only acknowledged Oct 20, so not sure if this is right..(NY consulate)
Checklist
Set1=>
All 3A forms and B form(together)
Extra photos for all 3 (2 nos per person)
Combined money order
Docs for me
Docs for wife
Docs for son

Set2=>
Copy of All 3A forms and B form (together) (with original pic and photo)
Docs for me
Docs for wife
Docs for son

This is how I ended up sending as well. The documents for me, my wife and kids all had the required copies of their own. So my documents had a copy of my US and Indian passport so did each of my kids' documents. When I counted, the package had 6 copies of my and my wife's passports, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. At the end, the whole package was so thick I couldn't seal the flat rate express envelope and had to put it in a larger flexible envelope. Thanks everyone for your help.