Obamacare for asylum applicant

freeland

Registered Users (C)
How will affect Obamacare for asylum applicants? Can we use any healthcare as asylum applicants?

Hi Freeland.. I did write an article about this a while back... Here is what you need to know...

Under the Affordable Care Act, immigrants who are considered “lawfully present” can apply for health insurance. This is a broad category, including permanent residents (green-card holders), refugees, those here on asylum and a number of others. One unusual requirement for some immigrants, including those who have applied for asylum or, in some cases, those who are fighting deportation, is that they must get work permitsbefore they can enroll in Obamacare.

Remember: Under the Affordable Care Act nearly every American must have health insurance by January 1, 2014 or pay a fine. The fine starts out around $95 (or 1 percent of income, whichever is larger), then it climbs in 2016 to $695 a year or 2.5 percent of income.

Click on link to see the list of Individuals with “Lawfully Present” Status in the US.

https://www.coveredca.com/PDFs/Engli...ndividuals.pdf

Remember, if your asylum case is pending you need to get work permit first before you qualify for Obama care.

Waz!

Anyone knows how much will it be to keep it minimum?
When I got a quote, it was like $250 a month.
Right now, the site is facing a lot of traffic and not loading properly.
Also, in some site, it says March 31st is the last day to enroll then what is this deadline ending today?

Anyone knows how much will it be to keep it minimum?
When I got a quote, it was like $250 a month.
Right now, the site is facing a lot of traffic and not loading properly.
Also, in some site, it says March 31st is the last day to enroll then what is this deadline ending today?

Today is the last day o enroll to have coverage start on 1st January.

I know that its last day to start coverage at 1st Jan.
So does that mean after today, I can't enroll at all in obamacare to start the coverage somewhere in Mid Jan or Feb?

I know that its last day to start coverage at 1st Jan.
So does that mean after today, I can't enroll at all in obamacare to start the coverage somewhere in Mid Jan or Feb?

You have to be insured by 3/31/2014 to avoid penalties. To be insured by 3/31, you have to enroll by mid March at the latest.

Hi everyone, I have a question on how an asylum applicant can get health care while the asylum application is under review and didn't receive work permit yet?
Thank you in advance for any information you may have.