Oath suspense & name check ...

emote

Registered Users (C)
PD/RD: feb 03
FP mar 03
Interview & approval mar 04

finally after 6 mo's of no answer thru either atty or senator's office i went to bcis cherry hill in person & info officer [not adjudicating] said that my name chk had passed but prints had expired [over 15mo waiting since FP]. wonder why they refused this info to atty or senator's office in repeated queries since april?

so i went to philly & got the FP done again.

Ques: a] should i trust the receptionist at bcis cherry hill that name check is done or should i fax as per Rahul's procedure ?
b] while philly was nice enough to let me do FP again without appointment NOA ... how will bcis pickup that FP has been redone .. will fbi notify them directly
c] at what point do i need to do foipa check. is it necessary if name check & FP are done? at that point should i just try to remind cherry hill again to close my case & issue oath letter?

emote said:
Ques: a] should i trust the receptionist at bcis cherry hill that name check is done
Absolutely Not
emote said:
b] while philly was nice enough to let me do FP again without appointment NOA ... how will bcis pickup that FP has been redone .. will fbi notify them directly
Your next step is Oath. This is handled by the Philly DO. If they did the FP again, then once it clears (usually the same day) then they should be able to schedule oath too..
emote said:
c] at what point do i need to do foipa check. is it necessary if name check & FP are done? at that point should i just try to remind cherry hill again to close my case & issue oath letter?

My congressman and I were told by atleast FOUR different CIS officers that my namecheck was clear (when it was not). I would not trust the CIS statement unless I see the 'food on the table'. File FOIA, what do you have to lose ? Fax a status inquiry to FBI and also get in touch with the Philly DO again to schedule you for oath

Best of luck

FP resubmit [risk of abandonment?]

On 9/24/04 I was told that my name check had cleared but >15 months later my fingerprints had expired. Hence, I had my fingerprints re-submitted at Philadelphia ASC on 9/24/04 and have confirmed with FBI that they were deemed legible and forwarded to Vermont service center. I was also advised by Philadelphia ASC to consequently ignore the referral issued.

Ques 1] Does Vermont system automatically/ immediately update CH or is there a time lag/ possible slip if Cherry Hill doesn't realize that FP was re-submitted?
2] Meantime, Cherry Hill has issued FP referral for 10/6/04 wed appointment -can i safely skip this [as advised at ASC] although it says no show implies" petition will be deemed abandonned"? what's the risk gurus?

Thanks,