Oath on Saturday???

Onleewords

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know if an Oath ceremony can be on a Satuday? My interview is on a saturday ....not sure if the oath will be on the same day or not.

Any thoughts??

--------------------------
VSC - Norfolk
Application mailed - 4/4/08
Application received- 4/8/08
Check cashed - 4/11/08
PD - 4/9/08
NOA RECD. - 4/21/08
FP notice received - 4/26/08
FP Done - 5/6/08
IL - 07/26/08

The Sat interviews are a new phenomena so I don't think it has been discussed much on the boards, the process, oath etc. Perhaps you could post your experience when you complete the IV.

The USCIS website only mentions interviews on the weekend and after regular business so I would assume it doesn't apply to oaths since they require a judge or IO officer with judicial responsibilities..something I doubt USCIS has the resources for on weekends.

koolvik7 in Washington DC had Interview and oath on a Saturday. But who knows really what is going on at diff DO's. And what they are doing now at your DO, might not be the same by the time you have your interview so anything can happen between now and then.. keep your fingers crossed and Good Luck!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks synn_r.

Onleewords, I was pleasantly surprised to get a Saturday Oath at Washington DO after my Saturday interview. In fact they had planned to organize two Oath ceremonies on Satruday (11:30 and 1:30) but ended up merging the two at 1:30.

For Saturday Oath, it depends on your DO (not sure if Balitmore does the Saturday Oaths) and the time of your interview (people who were interviewed after 11:30 were given Monday Oath notices).

Good luck

Thanks for your input!!

I will prepare for both scenarios.
Check cashed - 4/11/08
PD - 4/9/08
NOA RECD. - 4/21/08
FP notice received - 4/26/08
FP Done - 5/6/08
Iinterview on - 07/26/08

namn...- Oath happened in Norfolk DO it self ..right in the lobby where the seating area is. I know it sounds weird. Hope this helps..