Oath Ceremony

boldlygo

Registered Users (C)
Ok, my friends want to come to my oath ceremony. The ceremony starts at 8:00 am. What time do you think I ask them to come at?

boldlygo said:
Ok, my friends want to come to my oath ceremony. The ceremony starts at 8:00 am. What time do you think I ask them to come at?

If u want ur friend to just take ur pic than tell him/her to be there axactly 10:13 am when u will be swearing.

well offcourse tell him/her to be there when u are there . This way u will have company and wont get bored.

Well, I think I didn't say much about the circumstances. I heard that sometimes, it takes about four hours to get sworn in. My friends are working on the date when I am sworn, so, I just don't want my friend to spend too much time for this. But, i guess, they are willing to spend about 2 hours. They really want to watch me taking an oath. So, timing is very important. (yeah, i know, it's kinda silly. :))

Do you think it's ok to bring a cell phone and call my friend?

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
boldlygo said:
Do you think it's ok to bring a cell phone and call my friend?

Once inside the ceremony, the judge usually asks people to turn off the cell phones. So shaky's idea of going together with friends is better. Also due to hightened security in govt offices (Courts) they MAY ask you to switch off cell before you go in. If you are a person who does things casually in the eleventh hour regularly, go ahead and do what you like. Otherwise going together is the best option. HTH

In my oath ceremony, we weren't even allowed to bring cell phones into the courtroom...

They asked us to leave it outside with a security guard and he gave us a tag that we could use to get our cellphone back when we left the building...

When my family came to my Oath, because of the all the restrictions, they decided it was easier to just come with me at 8:00 A.M. and wait a couple of hours until the swering in ceremony...

Congrats! :)

Ratrat