Oath ceremony letter not received and GC expiring soon

Srihari Balla

I am waiting for my Oath Ceremony Letter (Interview date Apr 19 2017) and My GC and My Kids GC's expire on June 27th 2017. I wanted to apply for US passports for my kids who are below 18 years of age (14 and 17) as soon as I get my Citizenship certificate. What happens if I do not receive the oath ceremony letter before my GC expiration date?

Thanks for your advise in advance.
Sri.

Nothing happens. It's not a problem. If you need proof of permanent residency in the meantime for work or travel or something, you can get an I-551 stamp.

Nothing happens. It's not a problem. If you need proof of permanent residency in the meantime for work or travel or something, you can get an I-551 stamp.
Thank you. Do I need to get Green Card extension to my Kids whose Green Cards expiring soon?
Also, I have no intention of renewing kids GC's as I am waiting for my citizenship certificate. Is it allowed to get US passports with expired GC's if I become US citizen?

Thanks,
Sri.

Hmm, I don't know about the kids. I guess you can take them with you and try to get the I-551 stamps for them too. The officer ought to understand the Child Citizenship Act, or you could try explaining the logic behind avoiding their GC extension applications. Maybe take a printout of the law.

You can apply for passports for them with expired GCs as their status does not expire; only the cards.