Oath ceremony experience

beanzz

Registered Users (C)
Oath ceremony experience in Charlotte, NC

Today I had my Oath ceremony in Charlotte, NC. It was a great experience.

We arrived at the office before the office had opened. As usual there was a line outside the office. After the office opened a security guard came outside and asked for ppl with EAD, work permit appointments to step fwd. They were than asked to form a separate line. Also she announced ppl who had Green card or citizenship appointments to make a separate line. After going through security were asked to wait in a dedicated Oath Ceremony room.

As time went on, the room filed up with ppl who had Oath ceremony appointments. The ceremony started on time. The Oath ceremony officer first introduced himself and other officers in the room. Than he announced our names and asked us to be seated in front of the podium.

After that he explained the questions that need to be answered on the back of our oath ceremony invitation letter. He than started calling our names according to our seating arrangements and asked us to bring our Green Cards and letter up to the podium.

During this time, a welcome package and a United States flag was given to us. We were also showed a video taped welcome message from President Bush. Following that the Oath of the Allegiance was given to us by the officer.

The last thing was to pick up our certificates. I think there were only about 30-50 folks that were naturalized.

Over all the ceremony was VERY WELL organized and one of the officers was answering questions to the newly naturalized citizens.

Thanks to all of folks on this forum for posting their timeline and experience.

I hope the delays associated with the immigration process can be reduced and streamlined.

Thanks again to all the forum members.

Beanzz

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeframes at Charlotte !!

Could you please post the timeframe of your N-400 process at Charlotte ?

Thanks.