NYC Timeline ?

Gabby & Ratrat, thanks for your advise. Ratrat, in your case atleast online case status disappeared on 1/04. Which indicated that your case was on move, but in my case, things moved until FP, and after that it is stalled. As I am following closely cases from NYC, so far P8085, you, and other people are done with their interview, and I should have my interview letter by now. That's what making me nervous each day.

General question...

If anyone is in a situation similar to choyty, what is the earliest period of time (after no response from USCIS) that a person should consider a legal inquiry?

Can cases with no response be treated as a civil matter for the courts?

Thanks!

Ratrat

NYC Timeline

Hey people. Just posting my timeline for NYC and possibly getting an answer to my question.
PD: October 2003
FD: January 2004
Interview Date: August 5, 2004
Oath Date Scheduled on August 23 at 26 Federal Plaza.

Wondering if anyone had their oath ceremony at 26 Federal Plaza. Are you allowed to bring someone with you at the oath ceremony? A quick response would be much appreciated.

Cherab,
Congratulation. I thought N-400 got stuck for NYC, but good to hear that people are done with their interview & oath. As I read post from http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245844 I found someone with PD 04/2003 is still waiting for interview, where as another person with PD 8/03 got his interview date for Mid October. So it seems to me that the people who are waiting with PD April 03 and on got stuck in the USCIS’s pipe line, and are screwed up. I am really worried now. Did what I was supposed to do ( read my other post http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=131246 ), but now I don't know what to do. Getting hope less day by day.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can bring people with you to 26 Federal Plaza for your oath ceremony. I had my oath ceremony there not long ago.

My oath ceremony was in the same room where people are usually waiting for their interview. There were no interviews on that day. About half a hour before the oath, we were asked to line up outside of the room. Then one by one we had to go to the window (same window where I had to go to handover my interview letter). They asked for the oath letter and checked that the letter was sign on todays day and if I traveled outside the US since the interview. As well, we had to give the officer our green cards. Thereafter, I was seated and told not use any other seat because we will be called in the order we were seated. It took about one hour until everybody was seated. Then came the judge and said, without any delays I will take the oath of you, please stand up. Thereafter, we sang the national anthem. One by one we were called in the order we were seated to pickup up the naturalization document. Some people had bad photos. They were sworn in but they didn't get the naturalization document immediatly. They had to get new photos across the street. It was very nice. The USCIS people were very friendly and helpfull. They stayed after the ceremony to answer questions.

I wish the best of good luck to everybody