Nyc Driving Licence

ArvDesign

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Tell me please if I will present following documents, will I be able to get driving licence in NYC? I have a total of 10 points.
A US Social Security card that shows your signature. 2
A US marriage document. 2
A US college photo ID card and an academic transcript. 2
employee ID card issued in the US that shows your name. 1
A utility bill issued in the US. 1
A W-2 Form that shows your Social Security Number. 1
a valid major US credit card 1

ArvDesign said:
Hi all,
Tell me please if I will present following documents, will I be able to get driving licence in NYC? I have a total of 10 points.
A US Social Security card that shows your signature. 2
A US marriage document. 2
A US college photo ID card and an academic transcript. 2
employee ID card issued in the US that shows your name. 1
A utility bill issued in the US. 1
A W-2 Form that shows your Social Security Number. 1
a valid major US credit card 1

OK, but which document show proof of date of birthday? You must present proof of date of birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
thrix said:
OK, but which document show proof of date of birthday? You must present proof of date of birthday.
hello. upon all that, do u have a document from uscis showing u here legal?? like EAD. GREEN CARD, ?? if not then i,m not sure you,ll get it

and what about birth certificate translated by notary?
Also I can show them my passport, but my visa expires at the end of march( I'm waiting for a green card from marriage). Won't it matter?

yahayajp said:
hello. upon all that, do u have a document from uscis showing u here legal?? like EAD. GREEN CARD, ?? if not then i,m not sure you,ll get it

NYS law doesn't require to shaw proof of immigration status to get driving license.

ArvDesign said:
and what about birth certificate translated by notary?
Also I can show them my passport, but my visa expires at the end of march( I'm waiting for a green card from marriage). Won't it matter?

foreign birth certificate is not accepted document by NYS DMV, so it will not be your proof of date of birthday.

your passport is proof of birthday, however passport is only accepted with I-94 valid for more than 6 months.

Of course you can try to show all the documents + passport, but I think it your application will be rejected, because they will see your I-94 valid less than 6 months.

Having all this documents, why don't you get driving license in other state and then just exchange out-of-state driving license to NYC (my friend gave them out-of-state driving license, show his ssn, visa credit card and W-2), NY DMV kept out-of-state DL and send him NYS DL.

i am F 2 status. my i 94 expires on 14 aug 2006.my visa expires in 2009 and I 20 expires in dec 2006.
i will go on H 1 from 15 june.

i have an alabama driving license. and i will need a NY driving license in july .

my I 94 does not have 6 months remaining when i will apply. so i cannot use passport as proof of birth.

so what are my options?

thank you

coolbabe76 said:
i am F 2 status. my i 94 expires on 14 aug 2006.my visa expires in 2009 and I 20 expires in dec 2006.
i will go on H 1 from 15 june.

i have an alabama driving license. and i will need a NY driving license in july .

my I 94 does not have 6 months remaining when i will apply. so i cannot use passport as proof of birth.

so what are my options?

thank you

Your H1 visa will extend your I-94 so they will accept your passport as proof of day of birthday.