NVC->St Louis->NVC->Consulate Part 2

Hopefully you will get June Interview!

There are three people with the same dates (me, nsg & green_my_green). All are going to Chennai Consulate. Hopefully we all get June interview! Does anybody know how long (or should I say how early) does chennai take to provide a possible interview date?

Good luck everyone!

-XML

review done today. packet is complete.

will be forwarded to BMB in 2-4 weeks.
These NVC guys are pretty good.

Congrats Dolphins...Great news..now I can estimate my time tooo...

So, my hopes of review by this month end is still alive..
You will surely get June interview..
When are u planning to email Mumbai Consulate..

Shanks

Shanks..I\'ll call NVC first after 8 days

to know when they mailed the package to Mumbai.
We\'ll see after that.

I have same dates too!

Hi XML,

I have the same dates as you (and nsg & green_my_green). My pkt3 was sent to chennai on April 3rd. I joined this forum just now and am glad to find company. Is there any way we can get in touch over phone? My number is 203-982-3451. I\'d Love to have your number and talk with you.
Thanks

Possible June interview in Chennai

Update: my review was completed on 4/8/02.

I checked with Chennai today (4/18/02) and they confirmed that they already received my case and that my interview might be in June!

Pleasantly surprised that the NVC mailed the case immediately after review and Chennai received it in ten days time.

Chennai informed that it will take 8 weeks to schedule the interview. They didn\'t clarify whether it is 8 weeks from the date of their receipt or from entering into the system. But based on my case, I think it is 8 weeks for receipt.

Hope everything goes smoothly for everyone.

Next worry - plane tickets. Good luck to all..

Rajan

Update on possibility of June interview

Green_my_green-

FYI - NVC completed my review on 4/8/02. Looks like they mailed it immediately because Chennai consulated confirmed that they have received my case. (I checked on 4/17/02). Chennai also informed that the interview might likely be in June.

Rajan

Congrats rajan,

My case was dispatched to chennai, by NVC on 04/03, I had sent an e-mail to them to confirm the receipt, I haven\'t yet recieved a reply,
but based on yours and XML conversation with chennai consulate, I am pretty much confident our appointments would be scheduled in june.

Cheers!!!!!!

My case forwarded to New Delhi on 16th April by DHL

P3 sent to St Louis: 11th March
Check encashed : 18th March
P3 Received by NVC : 25th March
Review Done : 11th April
Fwd. to New Delhi : 16th April

Will check with New Delhi on 24th April... still expecting June..

I am in the same boat

my case review on 12 april and send to new delhi on 16 april as per opretor told me at NVC its E3

Do we have to mail form DS-2001 before an appointment is given?

Hi XML,

Form DS-2001 (may be part of Packet 3) is the one that indicates that we have all the documents needed for the interview and hence are ready for the interview. Is this form required before the interview is fixed? There is something like this (form OF-169 is the old version of DS-2001) mentioned on the Chennai US consulate web site also (may be that information applies to the old process).

For more info visit: http://www.immihelp.com/index.html

also vist: http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhfaq.php3?cat=4 and look for the FAQ "When am I going to get an appointment"

Please let me know what you think? Does the new process require the DS-2001?

Do we need form DS-2001 to get an interview appointment?

Form DS-2001 (may be part of Packet 3) is the one that indicates that we have all the documents needed for the interview and hence are ready for the interview. Is this form required before the interview is fixed? There is something like this (form OF-169 is the old version of DS-2001) mentioned on the Chennai US consulate web site also (may be that information applies to the old process).

For more info visit: http://www.immihelp.com/index.html and look for DS-2001

also vist: http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhfaq.php3?cat=4 and look for the FAQ "When am I going to get an appointment"

Please let me know what you think? The question I have is "does the consulate require the DS-2001 before it fixes the interview"?

No Title

The consulate does require DS230 Part1 to schedule the appointment, bcos that is where you specify imp info like the number of secondary
applicants and all the biographic details. DS230 Part 2 is part of PKT 4, which we submit at the time of appointment.

In our case, we already have filled in (Pkt3 ) and sent it out to NVC, and I am assuming that NVC would forward the same (PKT 3 ) back to consulate and the consulate schedules the interview.

what\'s the concern here?

Local address - what exactly is the advantage?

Hi Folks,

Can someone clearify what exactly is the advantage of providing a local address to the consulate when waiting for an interview?

Also, it will be helpful if you indicate how to provide the address to Chennai consulate now that my application has already been mailed to them (on April 3rd).

Thanks in advance.

netuser !

advantage is you get the Packet 4 at your local address within a week they send it you and I also read in this group that consulate will ask you to write the local address at item # 13.
It does not mean that if you give US address you will not get P4 , you will get it very late or you will get it after your interview over and some times you will not get it !!
So if you want to change it you can send an e-mail to chennaiiv@state.gov with your case # and local address.

The VM of NVC says

"your petetion is current, information sheet regarding adjustment of status has been sent to you"

-- What does that mean did they create packet3