Nunc Pro Tunc Derivative Asylee

Don't worry about it. It is just formality. Since at the time you were granted asylum you were dependent on your parents, what they are doing now is to get your own file for you; I don't think you will need a lawyer. I went through the process, and didn't hire a lawyer. So make your decision. if you believe there are some difficulties in your case, then you need a lawyer; otherwise, I think you should go to the interview by yourself. Also, if you want the process to be easy, do not claim any dependents; if you claim dependents, then be ready for a tough interview; good luck

thanks for the info... made me feel a lot better ....
also how long will this whole thing take???

Good News

Hey all,

Finally, after more than a year of ridiculous process and transfer, I got a mail from Nebraska yesterday with the 'plastic' inserted in it. Glad that I ever join to this forum and get help from the very knowledgeable fellas here - especially Faysal, Morning and so many other names.

Thank you.

hey...

MR WONG..

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR U .AFTER YOUR NPT CASE APPROVAL .THEN FILE TRANSFER BACK TO NSC .DID YOU RECEIVE ANY NOTICE LIKES FIGERPRINT OR TRANSFER NOTICE...CAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT ,.MY CASE ARE SAME AS YOURS...BUT THEY TRANSFER MY FILE TO ASYLUM OFFICE FOR FURTHER PROCESSING AGAIN..DONT KNOW WHAT IS NEXT SUPRISE YET~..JUST WANT TO KNOW MORE DETAIL ABOUT YOUR CASE..THANKS

hi guys im wondering if any of you went tru some processes of the nunc pro tunc ....
im still waiting
havent gotten any answer since my case was transferred to the asylum office in Arlington VA...
also dont know how to check the status of it....?
recently i apllyed for ea card renewal and got an fingerprint appointment fro the EA card .. but other than that nothing........

I went through the Nunc Pro Tunc process and got a Asylum Approval letter. My question is how long will it take for me to get my Green Card now ?

Thanks.

new theory

The opening post must contain an abstract stating the results obtained and how the new theory
Mattson 4. Quantitative predictions must be derived, wherever appropriate, and mathematical expressions

non pro tunc to GC timing

The same question How long it take to get GC after Non pro tunc was prooved?
Got it on July08.

For all who asked how long the green card will be approved after the interview, my answer is: it will be different on each case. However, keep calling USCIS support center every time there is no new update passed the promised time frame. Eventually, they will escalate your case.
In my case, it took me about 4-5 months after the 'informal' interview.
Hopefully it helps.

Hello all,
Moved here from one of the most corrupt and ruthless places on God's green earth and got in line as so many before me have done. Let me get to the point...I'm starting to lose my patience with this entire process. I just finished going through the nunc pro tunc/i-589 process and my Asylum was re-approved with a back date of March 30, 1999 as of June 2008. On February 17 2009 I received a letter the Asylum Office Director asking me to appear at the nearest local USCIS office to get fingerprinted based on a I-589 application that's already been approved??? So I showed up there without a fuss, got my fingerprints done - no pic taken this time. Should I just get a lawyer and sue the USCIS altogether? or wait a bit longer? As of January 5th 2009 it's been approximately 3570 Days or 9 years, 9 months, and 7 days to get a greencard.

Has anyone else experienced such a delay?
:mad:

Hello all,
Moved here from one of the most corrupt and ruthless places on God's green earth and got in line as so many before me have done. Let me get to the point...I'm starting to lose my patience with this entire process. I just finished going through the nunc pro tunc/i-589 process and my Asylum was re-approved with a back date of March 30, 1999 as of June 2008. On February 17 2009 I received a letter the Asylum Office Director asking me to appear at the nearest local USCIS office to get fingerprinted based on a I-589 application that's already been approved??? So I showed up there without a fuss, got my fingerprints done - no pic taken this time. Should I just get a lawyer and sue the USCIS altogether? or wait a bit longer? As of January 5th 2009 it's been approximately 3570 Days or 9 years, 9 months, and 7 days to get a greencard.

Has anyone else experienced such a delay?
:mad:

please post in the asylum forum. you will get more responses this way.

question

I was granted green card through nunc pro tunc. If i go back and visit my country, would that affect my status to apply for citizenship? will there be any problem?
Thank u.

Hi,
As many of u, I'm a derivate asylee(2008:case approved abroad and 10/2008 moved to NJ) who's now 23.
My question is if I will need to go the nearest asylum office to try to fill an I-589 NPC or instead fill a I-485 first.
thank u

Hi,
As many of u, I'm a derivate asylee(2008:case approved abroad and 10/2008 moved to NJ) who's now 23.
My question is if I will need to go the nearest asylum office to try to fill an I-589 NPC or instead fill a I-485 first.
thank u

you should post in the asylum forum. Thanks.

Hi Demos! My son have received his derivative asylum status in 1998. Occasionally we missed the period to apply for GC on time when he was under CSPA protection. He submit his I-485 Application later and was denied on that ground ( lost CSPA protection). He was advised to fill Nunc pro Tunc. He did it few times and each time Asylum office returns his Application. They ask him to answer all the questions about persecutions! Kind of strange, as persecuted was his father, not him!
Could you please to answer, do you have the problems with your i-589 application?