Nunc pro tunc approved yet still waiting for GC like no end!

Eli,

Do you have the original letter sent to you that you needed to do a NPT if so you need to send a copy of it with t your Approved NPT letter to your service center , i am presuming it is either NSC or TSC

shefe,
Thank you for your response. I made an appointment to go to my local inmigration office, which is in Miami. I got an InfoPass, let's hope they give me a status. If I dont get an answer I will send a letter to them on Thursday enclosing the Request for Evidence, my approvals, and all the other docs. Again, thank you for your time.

oae0399:
i just got new update likes they are making some mistake~...now back to nsc
after one month without any interview~
what about yours??

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register

oae0399:

hi, i just received notice letter today it calls 'request for applicant to appear initial interview' for i 485

is there any body on this forum got same letter like this,what will happen in there..?

and there is a note let me bring an original official sttement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed..where should i got this.like going to police office?or court.which court should i go?

oae0399:

hi, i just received notice letter today it calls 'request for applicant to appear initial interview' for i 485

is there any body on this forum got same letter like this,what will happen in there..?

and there is a note let me bring an original official sttement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed..where should i got this.like going to police office?or court.which court should i go?

I just helped translate for someone who got a notice to appear for an interview to get their GC based on asulym.

The questions the officer asked were:

-he confirmed where the applicant lived for the past several years.
-verified the answers to questions that appeared on the application.
-asked her how she obtained the visa to come to the US.
-because they could not get clear fingerprints, he asked her to get police clearance certificates from each township in which she resided since arriving to the US.

oae0399:

When there is criminal issue involved it is best to obtain legal advice.

Hi friends just like you im in the same boat NTP.....
I got an Asylum Granted in april of 1998 which is the date i arrived in the USA . was 16 turning 17 at the time, as law states i had an year to apply for GC which i didnt.
reason why honestly i had no idea i had to i was 17 didnt speak english etc.. totally my fault , no excuses !
the good thing is my lawer said i had asylum granted in 1998
the bad - had to apply for i 485 . which i did in mid 2007 ...@ the nebraska office
later on i got letter for more evidence requested which stated
THAT I NEED TO APPLY For I 589 AND CLEARLY STATE IN THE APPLICATION THAT IS NUNC PRO TUNC.
well i did just that, and sent it back to nebraska.....,,, than few months went by and i got a letter stating

this is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transffered the above case to following office

1525 willson blvd third floor arlington VA 22209 bla bla bla bla

since than NOTHING ......

time came to renew the employment card.... and now i got another biometrics appointment ... i wonder why cause i already did that along with medical and everything else ....

now i need your opinion should i worry get a lawer or just wait think possitive....

by the way im clean never commited a crime or anything
all i got 2 seatbelt tickets and one for speeding 15 over lol....

thanks in advance

Hi, everybody! I have opened the Thread "Derivative Asylee I-485 denied" (please, read it), and I see you guys discuss the related problems. Probably we (in my son's case) did a mistake sending filled, not approved I-589 nunc pro tunc to Nebraska office in the same envelope with I-485 . I somewhere (probably here? on this forum?) got an idea the people from NSC somehow connected with guys from Asylum office. And they will receive this approve automatically or my son will be scheduled for the asylum interview. Nah. This does not work this way. Any advises will be really appreciated. How you did it?

So, I assumed, the next step is to fill in I-589 again and send it to the nearest asylum office. Mark it "nunk pro tunc". And wait for the interview. Just wondering, how detailed should be application. Applicant left the country because of the parents, so what are the answers on these complicated questions? "I don't remember"?

Application I-485 was filed on 7/7/2006. Denial letter received on 02/19/2008. Did not expect denial!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm approved!

Current Status: Approval notice sent. On February 28, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Good luck to everyone! They are working on such cases!

Congrats! Could you please to inform, when you turn 21 y.o? When you first time apply for GC, is that Jan, 2007?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Status: Approval notice sent. On February 28, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Good luck to everyone! They are working on such cases!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Got Approval ~~~

:p FINALLY....ALMOST 6 YEARS WAITING, NOW ,,THE NIGHTMARE FINALLY END...GOOOOOD LUCK TO ALL OF NPT ASYLUM APPLICANTS!!

Receipt Number: LIN030*******

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.