Nsc Update

I have reproduced a piece of the article below:

"Nebraska updates - 10/01/03

Processing details regarding backlogs and the number of cases received by the center.
a. The number of case receipts is on an average of about 115,000 per month. On the whole the center has finished 70,000 cases in June, 104,000 in July and the center foresees 120,000 completions in August.

b. The center will be getting 14 new officers and will complete adjudications of the present 10,000 asylee adjustments. In providing additional staff there will be a decline in processing times."

"....foresees 120,000 completions in August." implies that this response was issued sometime during August. Nearly seven to eight weeks have passed since and I am still waiting (breathlessly!) for the decline in waiting time referred to in the article to materialize. On the contary, NSC's published processing dates have moved back, rather implausibly, by a couple of weeks during this period. What a lark!

The lesson that I have learnt in the last few years is that INS acts only when prodded by an impending crisis, like a sunset provision in the law, or a class action lawsuit, or the like.

The heck they are going to reduce waiting times. Even the release of this update is delayed; just look at the date of the update, and when you consider that the update refers to a mid-Aug situation, NSC's habitual tardiness becomes immediately apparent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your sentiments. The article was clearly written before the August stats were available. The fact that they didn't bother to post it until now simply illustrates a degree of incompetence and a lack of respect for the people they affect.