NSC - Plastic Tracker

gheewalabhai888 said:
how did you guys get those IIOs to start to speed up the card process?
Everytime I call they act so stupid and give generic answers. One time they even copied all the info and I didn't get anything.
I didn't do anything special. Just called the 1-800... Number and gave the details they wanted. She said I would get a reply in a month. I did get a reply, but it didn't say much.
My wife called after a couple of weeks. They told her she would get her PR card within a month. I didn't believe it when she told me. I thought they meant the standard reply. However... WIthin a month we did get our cards. Probably a coincindnce. I know it doesn't help you. Good luck. I am sure you will get yours SOON.

I called the IIO only once she took all my information, and then i received a letter from USCIS that it would take 12 to 18 months to receive the plastic card. I lost hope , but then i received email alert from USCIS yesterday in my personal email they have ordered card. Strange the way they work and interact with people.

My husband who is a derivative spouse on my case has not yet received any updated, his online message still says the same old thing we have approved your case blah blah.

I just called again

since I has some free time this morning! IIO took all my information again. I asked why some inquiries are different than others. She said there is only one way to put an inquiry.

My online status has been updated , on september 17th card order has been completed and mailed to the applicant.

suganthy said:
I called the IIO only once she took all my information, and then i received a letter from USCIS that it would take 12 to 18 months to receive the plastic card. I lost hope , but then i received email alert from USCIS yesterday in my personal email they have ordered card. Strange the way they work and interact with people.

My husband who is a derivative spouse on my case has not yet received any updated, his online message still says the same old thing we have approved your case blah blah.

How about your husband's online message? Is it still the same or changed?

suganthy,
In your previous post, you had mentioned that you received the "wait for 12-18 months" letter and later you got an email alert about card being ordered. Can you tell me how long it took between the letter and the email?

Received Cards for Spouse and myself

My wife received her card after the labor day weekend (Sep. 7, 2004) and I received mine yesterday. Both the cards were preceded by notices from USCIS-CSSO. Both were within the 60 day window indicated by our attorney and also the website.

This part of the long ardous journey is over. Thanks a lot for all the support :D I have updated the spread sheet as well.

I shall keep visiting the website occassionally. Good luck to all of you.

yannahalli said:
My wife received her card after the labor day weekend (Sep. 7, 2004) and I received mine yesterday. Both the cards were preceded by notices from USCIS-CSSO. Both were within the 60 day window indicated by our attorney and also the website.

This part of the long ardous journey is over. Thanks a lot for all the support :D I have updated the spread sheet as well.

I shall keep visiting the website occassionally. Good luck to all of you.

Congratulation! ;)

how can we track the plastic card online once passport is stamped? If I put LIN no it still says this case approved etc etc .

honeyhappy said:
how can we track the plastic card online once passport is stamped? If I put LIN no it still says this case approved etc etc .
I followed the same method as before - LIN Number etc. The status was unchanged for 8 months. Then it changed to - Card ordered etc and then to Card Mailed etc. WIthin 10 days I got my plastic card. I guess there are no intermediate steps involved. You just have to keep seeing the same message till something happens. I am not sure if there is any other way.

I have completed 60 days after stamping, I called the 800 number, they asked for A# and they said they will be mailing Welcome Kit>

Any idea what is this welcome kit?

Thanks
Shripad

Stamped today

I and my wife went for stamping today. I just noticed my passport was stamped on the page of "Observations", and my wife's was stamped on the page of "Visas". Any difference will this make? Or they just arbitrarily pick a blank page to stamp. Anybody knows?

AD: 09/15/04
PSD: 09/22/04
PRD: ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Enquired after apprx. 4 months of stamping

My SD: May, 2004
Called the 800 number to enquire status of plastic card (3rd time).
One lady took all details and told that I should get something after 30 days.
She was not sure whether I'll get the card in 30 days or some letter with status.

denman said:
My SD: May, 2004
Called the 800 number to enquire status of plastic card (3rd time).
One lady took all details and told that I should get something after 30 days.
She was not sure whether I'll get the card in 30 days or some letter with status.

denman,

Could you tell me your AD and SD: MM/DD/YY? ;)
So I can add your information to the attached file.

details

My AD: 05/16/04
SD: 06/01/04
No plastic card yet. As I had said before, I talked to CIS on 09/21. She took all info. and said that, I should recive something in 30 days (card/progress info).

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet

denman said:
My AD: 05/16/04
SD: 06/01/04
No plastic card yet. As I had said before, I talked to CIS on 09/21. She took all info. and said that, I should recive something in 30 days (card/progress info).

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet

Updated with your infor.
:p

Thanks ;)

Just call the CIS

:rolleyes:

I just call the CIS number 1800-375-5283. After waiting about 20 minutes, a lady took my call.:p I told her that I had read the post on CIS website, which said that if I have not received my first PR card after I granted PR status, I need call this number. :D The lady asked me if I have received a letter from CIS after passport stamping and I said: No, I never received this kind of letter. She said normally you should have received a welcome letter in 30 days after your passport stamping and you will get your card in 6 months.:confused: She said she can help me to inquire my case and then she took my information, and said I should get some response in 30 days. ;) I also want she inquires for my spouse and kid, but since my spouse and kid were not here at that time, she could only take kid’s information. Anyway, what I could do right now is just waiting, waiting……. :eek: ;) :D

Preparing for 2nd PP stamping

The trend looks like I will have to go and get the passport "stamped" second time - probably in December.
Can anyone tell:
1. Should I take an appointment with local INS office OR Walk-In ?
2. What are the supporting documents to carry for second time stamping?
3. Is it necessary to carry photographs again?