NSC - Plastic Tracker

Wait 12-18 month for Green Card Production

I'm also waiting for the physical card. I've made status inquiry and here is what I got from Nebraska Service Center:

"...
Your file has been sent for the last step in producing your green card. It could take 12-18 months to finalize after we receive your I-89 from the Local Office, your I-89 card was received on May 18, 2004. If your temporary card would expire before receiving your new green card, please go to your local BCIS office for an extension.
..."

Question:

1. What do they mean the last step?

2. What do they mean the "finalize", is there any other procedure?

3. What's the temporary card? Does it refer to the PP stamp?

Thanks

ZZBAO

RD: 08/22/01
AD: 04/21/04
PD: 05/11/04

:mad:

zzbao said:
I'm also waiting for the physical card. I've made status inquiry and here is what I got from Nebraska Service Center:

"...
Your file has been sent for the last step in producing your green card. It could take 12-18 months to finalize after we receive your I-89 from the Local Office, your I-89 card was received on May 18, 2004. If your temporary card would expire before receiving your new green card, please go to your local BCIS office for an extension.
..."

Question:

1. What do they mean the last step?

2. What do they mean the "finalize", is there any other procedure?

3. What's the temporary card? Does it refer to the PP stamp?

Thanks

ZZBAO

RD: 08/22/01
AD: 04/21/04
PD: 05/11/04

:mad:

Updated with your infor ;)

Please add me to the tracker:

Approval Date: 06/17/2004
Passport Stamped: 06/25/2004
Called customer service on 09/01 and enquired about the card. The CSR took all the details and said she will start an enquiry. No change in LUD. (the current LUD is 07/01/2004).

crouching..

how did you make to start an inquiry for the stamping that's only 3 mo old. mine is more than 6 and they are asking just to wait. did they ask about welcome letter also?

CrouchingTiger2 said:
Please add me to the tracker:

Approval Date: 06/17/2004
Passport Stamped: 06/25/2004
Called customer service on 09/01 and enquired about the card. The CSR took all the details and said she will start an enquiry. No change in LUD. (the current LUD is 07/01/2004).

Updated with your infor ;)

gheewalabhai888,

When I called the Customer Service, I told the CSR about the 60 days message in their website and asked her to start an enquiry. She took all our information and said she would initiate an enquiry. She did not ask about welcome letter. Now, I really don't know if she actually started an enquiry or not because the LUD did not change at all. When I asked her to give me a confirmation number for the enquiry, she said the system does not give one. I am planning to call back after 30 days if nothing happens.

Pathik said:
Called USCIS to update the change of address, She said she will send the status enquiry and that will update the address.

Today online msg has been changed saying that they have replied to my query and I should receive a letter regarding that.

Will post once I get the letter.

SD - 6/15/04

Received 2 letters from USCIS one for confirmation of address change and another for status of PR card. It says...
"Card is ready for production. Please wait 30 to 60 days"

Does any one know what does "ready for production" means?

Update:
After I posted my previous message, I checked the online case status and it says:

--------------
Current Status:

On September 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
--------------
(I also received email from uscis indicating the same.)

This is only for my case. My wife's status still says 'your case has been approved....etc'.

I guess I'll just have to wait.

Add mine.

Approval date: 8/30/04
Passport stamped: 9/8/04

The officer who stamped my passport told me to wait for about 15-18 months to get the physical card and asked me to come back for re-stamp if I would've not got the card by the end of Aug. 2005.

I'm OK with this as long as the stamp can give me the freedom of travel/work. I'm just wondering why they don't give out a 2-year stamp instead of the one year.

when I called

they asked few questions like A number and AD. The lady was wondering why I haven't received a welcome letter. She said I should be getting that since she had requested it then. Nothing has changed since then, I think it is already 3 weeks now!

My lawyer tells me to wait a month and

go to the local INS and asked ! He is pretty good lawyer, but I don't get why doing this helps. Do you guys have any idea?

I got Passport stamped today and was told by the office that I should get card one month, she further added that she knows now they are working very fast.

Our Online status message has changed to :

On September 8, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

ND: 03/22/2003
AD : 12/17/2003
SD : 01/09/2004

LUD Changed today... no status update.... Still says "this case was approved on Aug 16, 2004. If 14 days have passed...."

dravisha said:
Our Online status message has changed to :

On September 8, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

ND: 03/22/2003
AD : 12/17/2003
SD : 01/09/2004

Congratulation ;)

Updated