NSC ordered 10K visa from DOL

guldukan

Registered Users (C)
In my last call with NSC I was told that NSC ordered about 10,000 visas from DOL and visa has been assigned to my case,

so my question is does this mean they are going to approve 10K GC in near future and since visa has been allocated to me, if visa retrogresses again from july do we still have chances of getting GC

any expert, I know saras and UN are out of here,

saras if you are still around please respond

I think they mistankenly mentioned as DOL; it is DOS.

Anyway,no one knows what kind of understaning going on between USCIS and DOS to process and approve the 485s. No one knows what kind of process change is occuring in alloting visa numbers. We cannot draw any conclusion, based on erratic movement in cutoff dates. The general rule is visa number should be assigned at the time of approval.

As they mentioned, since visa number is alloted to your case, it will be approved soon. I do not know, if july cut-off dates are rolled back (if visa not available as per bulliton) , what will happen to your case.

By the way, do you had a chance to know what is the composition of 10,000, like is it combination of EB2 and EB3 and what is the share for India etc..?

In my last call with NSC I was told that NSC ordered about 10,000 visas from DOL and visa has been assigned to my case

I am not sure how the USCIS is doing the cutoff date now a days .. but few years back .. it was like this -- by example

Number of Visa with NSC : 2

Say there are 4 guys who are documentary approve able.
PD - 1/1/2002 - 485 RD 1/1/2004
PD - 2/1/2002 - 485 RD 2/1/2004
PD - 3/1/2002 - 485 RD 3/1/2004
PD - 4/1/2002 - 485 RD 4/1/2004

Now Guy 1 and 2 from top of the list would get the visa number and 2/1/2002 would become the new cut off date..

So in theory if you have already assigned a visa number .. it will not go away until there is some problems with your 485 like .. withdrawal of application or until the end of the fiscal year when it is no longer valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure how the USCIS is doing the cutoff date now a days .. but few years back .. it was like this -- by example

Number of Visa with NSC : 2

Say there are 4 guys who are documentary approve able.
PD - 1/1/2002 - 485 RD 1/1/2004
PD - 2/1/2002 - 485 RD 2/1/2004
PD - 3/1/2002 - 485 RD 3/1/2004
PD - 4/1/2002 - 485 RD 4/1/2004

Now Guy 1 and 2 from top of the list would get the visa number and 2/1/2002 would become the new cut off date..

So in theory if you have already assigned a visa number .. it will not go away until there is some problems with your 485 like .. withdrawal of application.

How do we know that a visa number is assigned to our case?

Form I-181

How do we know that a visa number is assigned to our case?

It will be mentioned in Form I-181 by the state department.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the I-485 has passed the preliminary prescreen, the fee has been collected, and a file established, Service internal instructions direct the officer to complete Form I-181, Memorandum of Creation of Lawful Residence, by filling in as much information on the form as possible from the paperwork filed. Form I-181, which is actually a three-part form, is used to communicate with the State Department's Visa Control office to request a visa number, to report adjustment of the principal alien, and to communicate adjustment of the principal alien to a consular post for the purpose of following-to-join dependents.

When the PD is Current, the USCIS sends Form I-181 into the State Department, a visa number is allocated from the available pool for that alien, and the duplicate copy of Form I-181 is sent back to the Service noting the allocation. At that time, the visa remains allocated to the alien until used or returned, or until the end of the fiscal year when it is no longer valid.

It will be mentioned in Form I-181 by the state department.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the I-485 has passed the preliminary prescreen, the fee has been collected, and a file established, Service internal instructions direct the officer to complete Form I-181, Memorandum of Creation of Lawful Residence, by filling in as much information on the form as possible from the paperwork filed. Form I-181, which is actually a three-part form, is used to communicate with the State Department's Visa Control office to request a visa number, to report adjustment of the principal alien, and to communicate adjustment of the principal alien to a consular post for the purpose of following-to-join dependents.

When the PD is Current, the USCIS sends Form I-181 into the State Department, a visa number is allocated from the available pool for that alien, and the duplicate copy of Form I-181 is sent back to the Service noting the allocation. At that time, the visa remains allocated to the alien until used or returned, or until the end of the fiscal year when it is no longer valid.

I think it was procedure in 1999. Now they are using web based allocation, I think.

Here is the detail in USCIS website.

(5) Procedure for Ordering a Visa Number from the Department of State . Visa numbers are requested by USCIS offices directly from the Visa Control Office of the Department of State. The request is only to be made after:

• The applicant has been interviewed and found to be eligible for adjustment of status (or, for cases adjudicated at a service center, simply found to be eligible for adjustment of status); and

• The requestor has verified that the current visa bulletin indicates that a visa number is available for the country and classification involved, and that the current bulletin has not been superseded by an advisory from the Visa Control Office.

The Department of State has guaranteed to USCIS that so long as the current visa bulletin and any superseding advisories indicate that a number is available, a number will be assigned.

There are currently two different procedures for ordering visa numbers from the Department of State: by fax and through IVAMS.

(A) Ordering by Fax . Offices can order a visa number by sending a fax listing the applicant's country of chargeability, preference classification symbol, priority date, and A-number to the Visa Control Office. While visa numbers can be requested at any time, the Visa Control Office can only respond during normal business hours. A sample fax format is contained in Appendix 23-7.

(B) Ordering Through IVAMS (formerly known as INSAMS) . The Immigrant Visa Allocation Management System (IVAMS) was deployed to all USCIS Field Offices in 2002. Offices using IVAMS are given a special card which (when passed through a reader) allows them direct Internet access into the Visa Control Office's computer system. The visa number is requested on-line and issued instantaneously. Unlike the fax system, IVAMS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. IVAMS is now the primary means to order visa numbers. The fax option is used as a backup.

he did mention Department of state, I mistyped it as DOL, my bad,

so if once visa number is ordered and allocated to particular application, it means our case can be approved even retrogression occurs in july(atleast I hope so).

seems like they ordered visa numbers last week, so atleast I am expecting more approvals this coming week,

if not we need to step-up email/phone campaign to ombudsman, local senator and first lady

so my basic question again, does this mean NSC will approve as many as 10K GCs in near future,

or these visa numbers valid even retrogression occurs next month and they did not use all 10K visas

my PD is july 2002 Eb3 India, I was told visa number is alocated for my case

so I am expecting approval in couple of weeks

is this a realistic expectation

he did mention Department of state, I mistyped it as DOL, my bad,

so if once visa number is ordered and allocated to particular application, it means our case can be approved even retrogression occurs in july(atleast I hope so).
Unless they make a mistake, they won't approve you if you are retrogressed. But they also won't retrogress the date to the point where it is older than the oldest PD who has already been assigned a visa number and not approved yet.