NSC NIW submitted in Sep 2005 - Pleazz Advice

tradhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

You input will be very much appreciated.

Filed the NIW/NSC petition on 09/27/2005. RD 09/28/2005 ND 10/06/2005 Checks Cashed 10/11/2005 LUD 10/11/2005. There has been no updates after that. Looks like everyone else who submitted petitions during that time either got approved or in a few cases received an RFE. I posted a few threads on this site asking if there is anybody else waiting and from the sign of it, looks like I am the only one without any news. Can anyone suggest something. Anything I can do?

I have applied for I-485(concurrently with 140) but have not applied for AP/EAD. Do you think I should apply. Do you guys think this might create some activity ? My lawyer charges $250 for each EAD and $250 for each AP and I have already spent a big chunk on 140 and 485 and am not sure if i want to apply if i am getting an RFE. Please advise guys.

Thanks

I think you might need to wait for a while. I saw some people submitted to NSC before Oct. are still waiting too. I totally understand your feeling now. I felt the same last week when most people got news and I even didn't get the receipt in mail.
For AP and EAD, if you feel you have a strong case, go ahead. No need to ask for lawyer. Just DIY.
Good luck to you!

NIW_0926 said:
I think you might need to wait for a while. I saw some people submitted to NSC before Oct. are still waiting too. I totally understand your feeling now. I felt the same last week when most people got news and I even didn't get the receipt in mail.
For AP and EAD, if you feel you have a strong case, go ahead. No need to ask for lawyer. Just DIY.
Good luck to you!

Thanks NIW_0926. If its not too much to ask, can you please let me know who submitted in Sep and is waiting ? Could not find anyone except the folks who submitted their RFE replies. If I had used a lawyer for 140 and 485, do i have to use the same lawyer for 765 & AP or can i submit them on my own since they are pretty straight forward.

Thanks again.

tradhi said:
Thanks NIW_0926. If its not too much to ask, can you please let me know who submitted in Sep and is waiting ? Could not find anyone except the folks who submitted their RFE replies. If I had used a lawyer for 140 and 485, do i have to use the same lawyer for 765 & AP or can i submit them on my own since they are pretty straight forward.

Thanks again.

I saw from other sites, there are at least 2 persons who submitted on 09/28/05 and still waiting.
For EAD AP, I don't see any reason why you should stick to your lawyer. You only need to get 485 receipt from him to make copies.
Good luck!
( FYI, one person got approval
in NSC with 17 papers but didn't list ciations since it not impressive if you worried about citations)

NIW_0926 said:
I saw from other sites, there are at least 2 persons who submitted on 09/28/05 and still waiting.
For EAD AP, I don't see any reason why you should stick to your lawyer. You only need to get 485 receipt from him to make copies.
Good luck!
( FYI, one person got approval
in NSC with 17 papers but didn't list ciations since it not impressive if you worried about citations)

Thanks for all the advice NIW_0926. Yeah...I am worried about citations. I have only 26 citations. However, i submitted 9 letters (all independent and from pretty big guys in the field) stating the blah blah blah hoping that would help.