NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Is there anybody waiting after sending the RFE response

We replied to I140 RFE two weeks back, still no news from Nebraska. Anybody else in the same boat?
I went through this thread and it seemed in most cases 140 got approved 1 to 2 weeks after sending the RFE response. Any comments?

same thing here

My reply to the RFE was recieved by USCIS more than three weeks ago. Looks like the Premium Processing delayed even RFE cases. It sometimes took just two days to get approved before Premium Processing started. So frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!!

i am also in same boat

they recieved my RFE response on 9/25 got LUD on 9/26, after that nothing happened. and i am certain delay is due to premium process .

Approved on 09/28 after RFE

I140 approved 6 days after NSC received the reply to the RFE... :)
Just before the rush of the Premium Processing I believe...

2nd RFE

I just received a 2nd RFE email from CIS on my I-140. This is really frustrating. Is there any way I can get the RFE details over the phone? Can my lawyer or employer call the CIS and inquire ?

Pls Advise --Eb2 or Eb3

Hi All
I am facing a dilemna whther to go for eb2 or eb3 . I will be meeting my lawyer shortly to finalize the category so that we prepare the job AD and Labour accordingly. I have a three year degree in Computer Science but i have a London University GCE O'levels diploma before my high school . I have got my evaluation done based on my 11 years of pre high school education , so in total it will be 11 +2 +3=16 yrs . I think my scenario will be similar to three yr degree holders from uk etc who have 13 yrs of education before enrolling for their degree. I have eight yrs of progressive experience in IT .I think United had a similar case though his education was in canada . I got my education from Pakistan .

My 6 yr limit expires in MAy ,2008 so i guess i have only one shot. My dilemna is that we cannot mention "Equivalence" in labour to qualify it for Eb2 ,but then in a denial situation, we wont be able to use that LAbour for eb3 as well.

Do you guys think i have a reasonable chance for eb2 based on a evaluation that shows i have 16 yrs of us equivalent education. Any similar cases that have been approved . Any advise on how to word the Labour ? GCinthedreamz ,united ...other guys..whats your take ?

Is this an RFE ?

I upgraded to PP this week. I got 3 mails from CRIS with following content:

My case status is:
EB-2 RIR (retro)
I-140 FD 06/30/06
RD 07/03/06

Please let me know if this is an RFE or just an initial update for PP.

Receipt Number: LIN06203xxxxx

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on October 5, 2006. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is completeYou can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

I upgraded to PP this week. I got 3 mails from CRIS with following content:

My case status is:
EB-2 RIR (retro)
I-140 FD 06/30/06
RD 07/03/06

Please let me know if this is an RFE or just an initial update for PP.

Receipt Number: LIN06203xxxxx

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on October 5, 2006. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is completeYou can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

No, This is their normal receipt notice (I-797). If it is RFE ,the message tells you that they have mailed you notice seeking further information on receipt of which they will process your application.

Need some information.

I have a question for the gurus, need some advice.

A friend of mine has his 140 approved with Labor PD of June 2005 EB2.

His company is offering him another approved Labor of PD June 2002, which has a different job discription. His lawyer mentions that he cannot file for 140 for this Labor as he has been already approved for 140 on a different Labor.

What are his choices now.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2nd RFE, Please share your experience

Please share your experience if you received 2 RFEs on I140. I received the email yesterday about the 2nd RFE and now am waiting for the actual RFE letter to come. This is really frustrating.

pururwa said:
Please share your experience if you received 2 RFEs on I140. I received the email yesterday about the 2nd RFE and now am waiting for the actual RFE letter to come. This is really frustrating.

Pururwa,
i have read couple of posts regarding 2nd RFE and they were both related to work experience issue. if they think your work eperience doesn't match upto that particular category then they might lower category.
they might say in letter that we are not happy with previous response that you send so either send us further documents or we can approve you application in lower catergory, normaly from Eb2 to Eb3.
can you share your First RFE details..most likey this RFE is related to 1st RFE.

RFE regarding 4 year Bachelor's Degree

I have done my BCom and CA from India. Educational credentials used by me says passing CA is equivalent to one year of Bachelors so it will satisfy equivalent degree in US. But the RFE specifically mentions Final Examination certificate issed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is not recognized by the Service as a 4 year degree. Evidence of education mut be in the form of an official record showing the dates of attendance, area of concentrations of study and the date of degree award, if any.

I am planning to get my degree evaluated from other agencies based on this RFE, has anyone experienced similar kind of an issue before?

Thanks

Thanks for your response Maverick

maverick420 said:
Pururwa,
i have read couple of posts regarding 2nd RFE and they were both related to work experience issue. if they think your work eperience doesn't match upto that particular category then they might lower category.
they might say in letter that we are not happy with previous response that you send so either send us further documents or we can approve you application in lower catergory, normaly from Eb2 to Eb3.
can you share your First RFE details..most likey this RFE is related to 1st RFE.
My first RFE was about A2P and work experience. We responded back with proper documents.

Regarding work experience, labor required MS + 3, I had about 4 years experience and MS. However, I had about 60 months of part time experience which we counted as 30 months (2.5 years) of full time experience. Lot of people have showed part time (20 hrs/wk) experience by counting it as half of full time and have gotten their 140 approved.

pururwa said:
My first RFE was about A2P and work experience. We responded back with proper documents.

Regarding work experience, labor required MS + 3, I had about 4 years experience and MS. However, I had about 60 months of part time experience which we counted as 30 months (2.5 years) of full time experience. Lot of people have showed part time (20 hrs/wk) experience by counting it as half of full time and have gotten their 140 approved.

so let me understand this,
you said you have 4 years experience. 60 months part time which equates to 2.5 years.
and you also have 1.5 years full time experience.???

so 60 month part time = 2.5 years full time + 1.5 years full time = 4 years full time...am i right.

also was that part time experience gained while you were doing masters too??

i have a feeling second RFE is regarding ur work experience.

yes u r right!

maverick420 said:
so let me understand this,
you said you have 4 years experience. 60 months part time which equates to 2.5 years.
and you also have 1.5 years full time experience.???

so 60 month part time = 2.5 years full time + 1.5 years full time = 4 years full time...am i right.

also was that part time experience gained while you were doing masters too??

i have a feeling second RFE is regarding ur work experience.
I did have 1.5 yrs of full time too. part time was with the univ while doing matsers, and also with a company.
RFE may be about my work exp. but I have seen people getting approved with part time university exp.

please share your experience about 140 RFE letter

Hi there,
Could you guys pls tell me how many days it took you (or your lawyer) to receive the actual RFE letter after getting the RFE email?

This is the 2nd RFE (email on 10/05) on my I140 and I am a little concerned. My lawyers took 10 days to receive the 1st RFE. Is this normal? USPS delivers coast to coast letters in 3 days, then how come RFE takes that long?

Please help.

Thanks

My I-140 has been approved on 10/15 after replying for RFE of educational evaluation. I did my B. Sc.,(3 year - 6 semetsres ) and MCA 3 years( 6 semesters ). My labour for MS and my lawyer evaluated my MCA as MS and it went thru fine.

I think if B.Sc with 6 semesters and MCA with 6 semester will go thru fine.

Thanks,

felix821 said:
My I-140 has been approved on 10/15 after replying for RFE of educational evaluation. I did my B. Sc.,(3 year - 6 semetsres ) and MCA 3 years( 6 semesters ). My labour for MS and my lawyer evaluated my MCA as MS and it went thru fine.

I think if B.Sc with 6 semesters and MCA with 6 semester will go thru fine.

Thanks,
felix821, when did u reply the RFE , i mean how many days after replying RFE you got approved. also was it Nebraska or Texas??

2003GC said:
I have done my BCom and CA from India. Educational credentials used by me says passing CA is equivalent to one year of Bachelors so it will satisfy equivalent degree in US. But the RFE specifically mentions Final Examination certificate issed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is not recognized by the Service as a 4 year degree. Evidence of education mut be in the form of an official record showing the dates of attendance, area of concentrations of study and the date of degree award, if any.

I am planning to get my degree evaluated from other agencies based on this RFE, has anyone experienced similar kind of an issue before?

Thanks
Please post the exct RFE , would be very helpfull to understand and anwer to there requirement. mine is also simmilar RFE. i have posted my exact RFE