November 2009 family based filers, post here

Hi!
so I had my interview yesterday
everything smooth, but me, I was so nervous, I barely now my name;-)
yes I know, stupid
IO was strict to the point, no tricky questions, no smile
First oath, then She ask about originals of documents we provided with petition
(BC, marriage certificate, passports, our ss, my EAD card, proof of citizenship for my husband)
Then She asked my husband:
his name, my name, when we got married, how me met, how we communicate with each other when we were apart, when we visited each other, how often I was in US, my address aboard, what is my profession,
did he visited me there, my parents names?
in the meantime She look at our pictures, and took about 3 of them
and she check something in our petition
then She asked me:
my name, my husband name, where he works, and what kind of work he does, when we got married (again), all question from I-485 -”no” questions, my telephone nr (like always I forgot- I don't call to myself!!!), my address, when I was in US for first time , if I ever overstay my visit in US?
Then She asked about documents which indicated that we are living together (originals):
our lease, utility bills, joint bank account : she check address on bank statements, and ask me about it-
I completely forgot that they are sent to my husband PO box :-(
She asked if we wanted add something
informed us about conditional green card, and that we have to wait for decision 2 months
and that was it...
more waiting for me:-(
best luck
and fingers crossed for me

EAD Card received today!!!! YAY!!!!!

YAY for you, DreamCatcher74!!!

Post office don't come to our house on Wednesdays, so hopefully tomorrow will be a big day!!

Nov 17th Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
Nov 19th Package received
Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h

Hello Guys sorry for the wait..I was kinda sad since there was no decision

well the interview was the worst experience I've ever had, we got there at 10:15 our interview was at 10:35 we waited and we got called right on time and we walked to the IO office everything was okay then she asked us to oath then sat down, then she asked me for my passport, I-94, BC and asked my wife for BC, Naturalization Cert. and passport, she took out her BC, Colombian passport and NC. IO got mad and said where is your US passport, she said I dont have one yet IO got mad and said how do you do to travel and my wife answered I havent traveled since I became a USC, then she asked me all yes/no questions asked my complete name, birthdate asked my wife the same, asked her where we got married asked me if we had a reception I said yes then she asked my wife if we had a honeymoon and she said no, got mad again (well she still was from before)and said not even one day? and I said we couldnt at the time, then she asked us for (bank statement, Car insurance, Lease) we only had joint bank statements since we dont own a car (the car is on her aunts name) both of our names were in the insurance policy renewal but not all months, just the month when they renew it which was november, she was in the months before that, I wasnt since I recently got a driver license, so the IO said how come you are not main persons in the insurance and I said the car is on her aunts name we appear just as the drivers ( as insured), okay then Im only gonna need the one from november the others arent gonna work, how much do you pay for rent and we said $400 we live with our parents so we dont have a lease or anything, she said do you have a letter that says you live there, well we just pay cash since is our parents and she raised her and said well even if they are your parents you should a receipt every month, we showed the credit cards we have with the same #'s and she said why arent you in the credit card statement I said because I didnt have a SSN so I can not be a main person in the statement she went and got copys of the 2 credit cards which she got mad for 2 reasons because we didnt sign them and because my wife had the sticker in front of it, and I said well I never sign my CC and took 5 cards I had in my wallet and showed her and she said well you should in a really mean tone, then she asked for pictures (that we had a lot) 6 albums to be exact more than 900 pictures, then I started giving them to her and she started looking and looking she only went thru 3 of them and said thats enough and asked my wife to get a couple of pictures for the file, my wife took out 5 pictures and the IO said its that all, then my wife took 15 more and gave it to her, then she said you can go now we'll let you know in the mail, do you remember the way out.

she got mad for everything we did or said never shook our hands or said her name, she never said hello or Bye.

YAY for you, DreamCatcher74!!!

Post office don't come to our house on Wednesdays, so hopefully tomorrow will be a big day!!

Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)

Thanks! I bet you will get yours today!!!!!! :)

Come on guys. Dont fret over the interview letters. Sometimes they do take time for reasons out of your control and it doesnt mean anything even if they take time. If you look at my timeline, I havent received my IL for almost a month after EAD. And everything went smoothly at the end

So just get on with your regular life, let the AOS process take its time.

Come on guys. Dont fret over the interview letters. Sometimes they do take time for reasons out of your control and it doesnt mean anything even if they take time. If you look at my timeline, I havent received my IL for almost a month after EAD. And everything went smoothly at the end

Thank you !

I'm from the Raleigh/Durham area as well :)

well the interview was the worst experience I've ever had, we got there at 10:15 our interview was at 10:35 we waited and we got called right on time and we walked to the IO office everything was okay then she asked us to oath then sat down, then she asked me for my passport, I-94, BC and asked my wife for BC, Naturalization Cert. and passport, she took out her BC, Colombian passport and NC. IO got mad and said where is your US passport, she said I dont have one yet IO got mad and said how do you do to travel and my wife answered I havent traveled since I became a USC, then she asked me all yes/no questions asked my complete name, birthdate asked my wife the same, asked her where we got married asked me if we had a reception I said yes then she asked my wife if we had a honeymoon and she said no, got mad again (well she still was from before)and said not even one day? and I said we couldnt at the time, then she asked us for (bank statement, Car insurance, Lease) we only had joint bank statements since we dont own a car (the car is on her aunts name) both of our names were in the insurance policy renewal but not all months, just the month when they renew it which was november, she was in the months before that, I wasnt since I recently got a driver license, so the IO said how come you are not main persons in the insurance and I said the car is on her aunts name we appear just as the drivers ( as insured), okay then Im only gonna need the one from november the others arent gonna work, how much do you pay for rent and we said $400 we live with our parents so we dont have a lease or anything, she said do you have a letter that says you live there, well we just pay cash since is our parents and she raised her and said well even if they are your parents you should a receipt every month, we showed the credit cards we have with the same #'s and she said why arent you in the credit card statement I said because I didnt have a SSN so I can not be a main person in the statement she went and got copys of the 2 credit cards which she got mad for 2 reasons because we didnt sign them and because my wife had the sticker in front of it, and I said well I never sign my CC and took 5 cards I had in my wallet and showed her and she said well you should in a really mean tone, then she asked for pictures (that we had a lot) 6 albums to be exact more than 900 pictures, then I started giving them to her and she started looking and looking she only went thru 3 of them and said thats enough and asked my wife to get a couple of pictures for the file, my wife took out 5 pictures and the IO said its that all, then my wife took 15 more and gave it to her, then she said you can go now we'll let you know in the mail, do you remember the way out.

she got mad for everything we did or said never shook our hands or said her name, she never said hello or Bye.

I am so sorry that you had to experience that. I am sure it was hard on you. I hope everything will turn out ok at the end. THe IO sounds very angry for some reason... I just don't get it. I feel like they sure remain professional and keep their composure no matter what the case is.

You are right. But it is easier said than done.Even though it is not in our control, I was anxious to check my mailbox everyday when I got home to see if there would be a letter :)

I am so sorry that you had to experience that. I am sure it was hard on you. I hope everything will turn out ok at the end. THe IO sounds very angry for some reason... I just don't get it. I feel like they sure remain professional and keep their composure no matter what the case is.

she was really angry all the time, like if I was coming to jail or something. my case was not suppose to be complicated, my sponsor and co-sponsor are my parents in law.

and another thing I forgot, when she asked for documents, I said well here I have the Marriage certificate and she said "I dont need that" but then at the end of the Interview she said "Im gonna need the marriage certificate, there is none on file, I cant believe they approved your I-130 without a marriage certificate on file unbelievable" then without saying anything I just gave it to her Original and a copy, she kept the copy. come on woman the I130 was approved after 2 years of filing its not our fault there was none on file, if it was approved was for a reason. dont you think guys??

Received another email indicating "Card Production Ordered" & my I-130 has been approved

District Office - Albany, NY
11/04/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765) by USPS
11/05/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered
11/10/09: Day 6 - Received NOA
Case Status: Initial review
11/20/09: Day 16 - Received Notice for FP on 12/04
12/04/09 : Day 30: FP Done. I 765 touched
12/07/09 : Day 33: I 765 touched again
12/21/09 : Day 47: Received IL
01/05/10: Day 62 : I 131-Advance Parole Approved
01/08/10: Day 65 : EAD Card production ordered
01/25/10 : Day 82: Interview..Case approved
01/28/10: Day 85: I-130 Approved & Card Production Ordered Again

Got my EAD card and applied for ssn already!

Nov 25th Checks cleared
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN

Sorry about your interview experience. I hope you receive your card soon, hang in there.