November 2008 filers

I am yet to receive the FP appointment letter. Still nothing, don't know what to make of it. All 4 forms/cases appear online as received and that NOAs have been issued (and I received all) but no FP appointment.

I'm getting nervous.

I am yet to receive the FP appointment letter. Still nothing, don't know what to make of it. All 4 forms/cases appear online as received and that NOAs have been issued (and I received all) but no FP appointment.

I'm getting nervous.

Maybe you should get in contact with USCIS. It is possible your letter was lost in the mail - and if you don't show to that appointment (according to the letter I got), your application is considered abandoned.

I went for FP today and the process was very simple, in and out in about 15 minutes.

Maybe you should get in contact with USCIS. It is possible your letter was lost in the mail - and if you don't show to that appointment (according to the letter I got), your application is considered abandoned.

I called, finally got to a customer representative, who told me to wait for 30 days and if no appointment gets to me, to call back. So, if no appointment for biometrics gets to me by December 26, to call back.

Any of you with a walk in at any immigration office?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember having a hard time reaching someone on that line back when I was getting my TN... it is possible though but I forget how :(

My case is finally (partially) online though, it does seem as though it is related toy your fingerprint appointment.

I remember having a hard time reaching someone on that line back when I was getting my TN... it is possible though but I forget how :(

Yes, at some point you press a 2 to report an error on the document. Somewhere there you click to get to a customer representative. And it looks like hubby is going to need to make a service request to correct the fact that my middle initial is not on the 797C for the I-130. Plus, the form lists his A number (but he is already a USC, so an infopass would be good to see if this is in error and his I-130 is introduced as an LPR petitioning for his spouse or an USC doing the same, the lady at the phone could not make this determination).:(

BTW, very nice staff on the phone!

Good to hear that you got through!

Is it a big deal that your middle initial is not on one of the forms? I ask because my name is different on some of the forms too: on some it says: First Name, Married Last Name and on others it is like: First Name, Married Last Name, Maiden Last Name.

When I filled out the forms, I always put my last name as follows: Last Name (nee: Maiden Name)

When I went for fingerprinting the other day I wrote: First Name, Last Name and the guy looked at the forms, asked me about it, and when I explained he also put my Maiden name on the form. Is this going to be an issue? I want to go by my married name and drop my maiden name.

Good to hear that you got through!

Is it a big deal that your middle initial is not on one of the forms? I ask because my name is different on some of the forms too: on some it says: First Name, Married Last Name and on others it is like: First Name, Married Last Name, Maiden Last Name.

When I filled out the forms, I always put my last name as follows: Last Name (nee: Maiden Name)

When I went for fingerprinting the other day I wrote: First Name, Last Name and the guy looked at the forms, asked me about it, and when I explained he also put my Maiden name on the form. Is this going to be an issue? I want to go by my married name and drop my maiden name.

I don't know how big of a deal it is, but my husband called anyway and the customer service gave him a service number for the service request placed (to have my middle initial and to replace his A# on the form/check to see if in the system he is registered as a USC petitioning for spouse, not as an LPR petitioning for spouse). The customer service told him we will receive notice in up to 45 days.

Might be an overkill (hubby always tells me this), but you know, better be safe then sorry down the line in the process.

I just got off the phone with them :) It was all rather painless, should have it all sorted out. I also asked about some things not showing up online and they said not to worry about it, that the site doesn't update all that often, and that they did have everything on file that they should have.

I also asked about traveling on an AP in my married name when my passport has my maiden name. They said all that would be required is to show a copy of the marriage license at the border.

We find this thread very useful. Thank you all

Below are the timelines for my wife's green card application.
---------------------------------------------------------
November 21 2008: Documentation sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
November 25 2008: Delivered by Fedex
December 05 2008: Checks cashed
December 09 2008: NOA received for I-130, I-485, I-765
December 11 2008: Cases appear online
December 15 2008: Biometrics Notice Received
December 16 2008: Biometrics completed (Walk in )

GC for Parents - Case Transferred to California

I had filed the sponsorship for my parents last month. The dates are
11/19/08 : Application sent for parent (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, mailed to USCIS - Chicago office)
11/26/08 : Priority Date
12/01/08 : 4 NOA Received ( I-797C) - for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
12/18/08 : Status update - case transferred to California

I am not able to understand why would the case be transferred to California when I live in Virginia. Any thoughts, any one else had a similar situation...

Thanks

So I've checked my portfolio of applications on USCIS website. All but I485 have changed the LUD from 11/28/2008 to 12/18/2008. I'm kind of nervous, cause the status of each is unchanged (confirmed receipt only, case received and pending). Most probably, as I suspected, they registered my husband's I130 as being submitted by an LPR not by an USC (although the file submitted by us included copies of his naturalization certificate and USC passport)...He placed a service request on Monday this week and things have moved today.

walk in question

We find this thread very useful. Thank you all

Below are the timelines for my wife's green card application.
---------------------------------------------------------
November 21 2008: Documentation sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
November 25 2008: Delivered by Fedex
December 05 2008: Checks cashed
December 09 2008: NOA received for I-130, I-485, I-765
December 11 2008: Cases appear online
December 15 2008: Biometrics Notice Received
December 16 2008: Biometrics completed (Walk in )

Hi.
Just wanted to ask about your walk in. Did they ask for a reason why you wanted to do it ahead of time? I would like to to walk in too. want to have it behind me, but not sure if it is allowed if I have no other reason but that my husband works on Mondays.
thanks.

Re : walk in question

The original appointment was on Dec 23rd. As we were planning to be out of town, we wanted to give it a try,went to the office and requested if we can do a walk in. They obliged with out any fuss, and the whole process, even without an appointment, was completed in 40 minutes.

If the office where you need to give your finger prints is not too far from where you live, it is worth a try. Most of the places are support offices, which are not very busy and will likely accomodate a walk in request.

I also did a walk-in when I had to give finger prints for my Green card and citizen ship(Ventura County, California). So did many of my friends.

There is no harm in "planning" to be out of town on the date of the biometrics appointment, especially if you can get it over with sooner :)

Hope this helps.

transferred to California

Application for my wife
Mailed on Dec 21
checks cashed Jan 08
Receipt notices received Jan 16
Letter stating the case is tansferred to California on Dec 22

I am not sure why it has been transferred to California as i have filed from NewYork. My Atorney may have an answer tomorrow. Will update as soon as i hear something.

I had filed the sponsorship for my parents last month. The dates are
11/19/08 : Application sent for parent (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, mailed to USCIS - Chicago office)
11/26/08 : Priority Date
12/01/08 : 4 NOA Received ( I-797C) - for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
12/18/08 : Status update - case transferred to California

I am not able to understand why would the case be transferred to California when I live in Virginia. Any thoughts, any one else had a similar situation...

Thanks

case transferred to Califronia

Sorry about the dates.
Date of Filing Nov 21 and the rest of dates are OK except the month is December.

DO San Francisco, CA

11/06/2008 Mailed I-130/485/131/765 to Chicago Lockbox
11/09/2008 Received
11/20/2008 Check Cashed

11/28/2008 NOA
11/28/2008 Notice Date for Fingerprint Appointment
12/04/2008 Fingerprint Taken

12/23/2008 NOA (Fingerprint Re-taken Request)
(details: "FBI was unable to process your fingerprint card. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken with no additional expense to you.")

moved to california

Sorry about the dates.
Date of Filing Nov 21 and the rest of dates are OK except the month is December.

My attorney says that since we have filed I-130 earlier, they may have moved the application to California for processing my 485. Lets wait and see what happens next.

Family Based Green Card - Close Relatives (Parents)

Can someone please help with answering question?

Parents visiting on visitor visa (i-94 valid through jan end 09)
Filed for Green Card (1-130, 485, 765 & 130) on 10-21-08
NOA all 11-4-08
Transfer of 130 & 485 to CSC 11-20-08
FP 11-26-08

Waiting for further updates....

Question: Do maintain status do my parents need to file for I-94 extension?

I will appreciate any respones and anyones experiences with similar situations?