Notice acknowledging receipt of reply to RFE

kevinglenn

Registered Users (C)
Originally an F-1 student, married to a USC, applying for AOS.

I got an RFE asking for my birth certificate.

I sent a copy of my birth certificate to the NBC on May 2nd 2006. I haven't received any receipt acknowledging the receipt of my birth certificate from USCIS. Should I be concerned? Is this normal cuz it's been ten days. I haven't seen any change on their website in relation to my case either.

Also I sent the BC to the NBC(Missouri address)...did I send it to the wrong address?

Is there anything I can do about the interim EAD?(I read on here some folks scheduled an appointment at DO's and got their EAD).

I'm sorry for the multiple questions, answers and assurances would be greatly appreciated.

No need to be worried, alot of people have had to wait awhile after they received an RFE for it to be updated online. I even got worried when I returned my RFE, and hadn't heard anything.

I think mine actually took around 13 -14 days to show up online. Some people have to wait longer. Did you get certified mail or anything like that to make sure they got it?

Yeah, you have to send your RFE to the NBC, Lee's Summit, MO.

If you check at my timeline and at other people's timelines you can see it takes a while for them to update their records. So no need to worry yet. You probably won't be able to get an iEAD till 90 days after they receive the missing info they requested. I guess you can always try to stop by your DO, I remember of a case in this forum where some did get their iEAD even though he/she had an outstanding RFE. I tried it and was told to come back in 90 days.

You don't need to worry too much yet, I was really worried and already received the email approving my EAD, it seems as if my RFE only added a week or 2 to my wait time.

UnionJax said:
No need to be worried, alot of people have had to wait awhile after they received an RFE for it to be updated online. I even got worried when I returned my RFE, and hadn't heard anything.

I think mine actually took around 13 -14 days to show up online. Some people have to wait longer. Did you get certified mail or anything like that to make sure they got it?

Yeah, you have to send your RFE to the NBC, Lee's Summit, MO.

payala said:
If you check at my timeline and at other people's timelines you can see it takes a while for them to update their records. So no need to worry yet. You probably won't be able to get an iEAD till 90 days after they receive the missing info they requested. I guess you can always try to stop by your DO, I remember of a case in this forum where some did get their iEAD even though he/she had an outstanding RFE. I tried it and was told to come back in 90 days.

You don't need to worry too much yet, I was really worried and already received the email approving my EAD, it seems as if my RFE only added a week or 2 to my wait time.

Thanks, from ur timeline I deduced it took 'em a little over a month to send u an email notification of receipt of ur RFE.

I'm less worried now. I think I'm getting neurotic, I log unto their website everyday looking for an update ever since I applied.

Do u know the effect a misdemeanor citation for driving on a suspended license have on ur one's application?

Uhm...twice..yeah I know I'm terrible...I did community service for both...am I in danger?

Here's what it said on a piece of paper that came with my interview notice.

Note:
You DO NOT need to being any documentation relating to any traffic fines and incidents that were not alcohol or drug related and did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driving licence.

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband and I are preparing to file I-130/I-485. He was convicted of a "Wet and Reckless" but has no documentation to prove he took care of the fine/attended classes etc. It was about 6-7 years ago. Does anyone know if this will be a problem? Or where he would get these records?

Seeing as it involved alcohol I'd say it probably will be a problem. Was your husband arrested? At least you have time to try and get the documentation for it before you go for your interview.

I finally received a notice(online) acknowledging receipt of my submitted BC(in response to RFE). I guess it was all much ado about nothing.