Not sure what my next step should be.

now_what

I have an ailing mother (84 years old) who is a Canadian citizen. I brought her into the States in Feb this year. While being with us she has continued to deteriorate. She has no family other than the following. I and my wife are not US citizens nor are we green card holders, but my kids, who are over 21 years of age are US citizens. My mother entered by air and does not have an I-94, however her passport was stamped with an indication of B2. We would like to keep her till her graceful end of life with us. Should I consider filing an I-539 and then what after that is done?

You can file Form I-539, Application to Change/Extend Non-Immigrant Status, for your mother. You can see the information on filing instruction in USCIS Website.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I have an ailing mother (84 years old) who is a Canadian citizen. I brought her into the States in Feb this year. While being with us she has continued to deteriorate. She has no family other than the following. I and my wife are not US citizens nor are we green card holders, but my kids, who are over 21 years of age are US citizens. My mother entered by air and does not have an I-94, however her passport was stamped with an indication of B2. We would like to keep her till her graceful end of life with us. Should I consider filing an I-539 and then what after that is done?